FREEFOAM PLASTICS

FREEFOAM PLASTICS Employee Reviews

Free Foam

Not much to say. Just that the lads are great, you have one or two AH's, Management could do with a kick up the backside, too many chiefs not enough Indian's, Focus on the small things and not the bigger picture, they focus to much on minor issues rather than the safety and well being of the Employees. You work hard, and you get no thanks for your efforts on a daily basis. You have to remember that there are better places to work.

Pros

4 days off, Good hard working employees.

Cons

only a number, liitle regard for employees, quick to blame, careless, unsafe, little or basic training, No recongnised Sigma standards, total disregards for employees and their welfare unless part of the middle, inter, upper management teams.

Stay away from here

Very stressful & hard work. The working hours are 12 which are 2 day shifts and then 2 night shifts after 4 days off The building is old and when it rains it turns into a drip tray. The canteen is a ruin.Managers do their best to create problems and to impose their rules and overtime. Believe me when I say they have their own way of getting you paid when you say no

Pros

Close to the city center salary more than the minimum wage

Insights into FREEFOAM PLASTICS

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Better off in jail

DO NOT WORK HERE!! It’s a hellhole run by knobheads and they will not appreciate you,money is poo hours are poo,you get the blame for everything and the place effects mental health,just don’t do it to yourself

Productive and enjoyable

Summer job, great opportunities and plenty of hours/overtime available, great training, great workplace and all round a great job for anybody willing to work hard

Hardworking and Friendly Environment

Working for this company gave me the opportunity to work hard to achieve what i needed to while also having a healthy, social relationship with colleagues.

Great customers, bad management.

I was the primary contact for 50+ stockists of Freefoam products throughout the North West of England and the whole of Scotland. I would raise product orders, credits and returns/delivery information dockets on a daily basis whilst maintaining a high quality service. I processed and dealt with orders in excess of £200,000+ per week - from the time of ordering to the time of delivery. I built rapport with site contacts, local customers and external contacts to ensure a smooth flow of products was upheld. I liaised with local area sales representatives, who are my on-the-ground counterparts, to ensure that customers were happy with products, services and all round business ideals, and resolved any issues regarding products of services in a timely and professional manner.

A great place to start my IT career

I would start the day at 9:00 but i would usually get to work at 8:30, at this time i would ensure that the backup for the previous day had run successfully and then i would insert a new tape, I would also check that nothing had gone wrong during the night. i.e a server had crashed. Once the day was underway it would usually consist of me checking with the IT manager to see what extra jobs we needed to get done that day. i would also get calls or e-mails from colleagues either on site or in our plant in England, if the problem was on site i would walk down to them our try and fix the problem over the phone. If the caller was in England i would log into their machines using Teamviewer and solve the problem remotely . Some of the issues that i was tasked with solving were mapping a network drive, issues with their e-mail, or they for their password in which case i would just reset their password with active directory. I also was responsible for printing stillage(shipping) labels for the production side of the business.I would print normal labels except for a certain customer who used EDI, it was fun learning about the technology used in this process. The most enjoyable part of the job was when i was tasked with installing helpdesk software to monitor the jobs. I then wrote up an instruction manual to show users how to submit a ticket and also some of the other features. The hardest part of the job was not what i would call hard but frustrating, it was when we were testing new labels for shipping, we would stick these on wooden crates but some were stuck on MDF which -

Pros

A friendly workforce.

Cons

I can't think of any bad side to working at freefoam

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at FREEFOAM PLASTICS?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FREEFOAM PLASTICS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement