Here to help
Coronavirus update

G4S Employee Reviews

Ireland64 reviews
It's a good company, wages for patrol drivers should be incresed , management is good , some NCC and Control room staff needs good maners improvment !
Good company to work for
Good company to work for and this company will always want to keep their staff no matter what. It's a big company and has lot of contract so they have lot of site.
Disgraceful company
20 plus years employed. I have witnessed and have been a victim of their worsed work related practices, to include targeting of individuals like me, isolation no recognition of constant hard work where it benifit the client. Ongoing denial of holidays every single year, only when it suits them. Constant and ongoing bullying tarnishing of your name even before other work mates have met you, they destroyou, in particular management in Limerick, I have witnessed a col a work mate harassed while on sick leave up until he died while on sick leave. Disgusting management and an even worse md in Dublin, who is on the ly
Cons
They hire from anywhere taking people with no experience and from mickey mouse companies also managers doing drugs at xmas parties in the toilets
G4S was the pinnacle in security before 09 now they are a joke from HR to managers to NCC to wages staff there so rude unprofessional and ignorant this company has fallen and is a shambles
Pros
None pay is rubbish like the whole company, ERO rate so your paid same as mickey mouse companies just avoid, sweep the road clean windows u will make more money
Cons
All staff on differnt contracts so pay is unfair, your doing same job as others yet there paid more even if your better than them, they do be asking u how to do stuff
Ero company so they wont pay more than they have to no night allowance awful managers who are clueless they just use there name to get contracts
The name G4S is just a name that is well known and that is how this company get contracts if clients really knew who runs and works for this company they would run miles they employ anyone because top officers won't work for them and leave them G4S is just a stepping stone for those who need experience nobody stays long because it's a rubbish company with rubbish pay
Avoid this company there getting big money from clients and dont pass it on to staff there greedy all for money
if u leave this company after long service they will let u go without trying to keep u. They pay ERO basic rate it don't matter what role u do even a stressful site u paid the same only those with them before 2009 get higher pay there on old contracts witch is unfair if u are smarter than them and doing the same job nothing extra for working nights poor pay poor company!
If u lose your site your life will be a nightmare your phone will be hopping with NCC calling u if u dont answer the shift is deducted from your hours
If u pay peanuts u get monkeys G4s lost lots of professional officers and managers did nothing to keep them they are now desperate hiring anyone from any company they cant get staff as they pay so bad managers don't know what there doing some where even rehired haven been sacked this company is so unprofessional it's unbelievable NCC and wages staff are so rude to just avoid this company
G4S review
Terrible to work for the managers are ignorant they dont care and haven't a clue if u reject shift or don't answer phone it's deducted from your hours
Pros
Pay correct and ontime
Cons
Poor pay and conditions
My experience getting raise up since joined G4s
G4s great place for security industries who want a work on corporate site or any other they G4s management cooperate you for further steps and you feel the difference to other security companies G4s secure solutions are professional..
Stressful job with low pay.
They dont pay fair, below other security companies, very stressful work with minimum pay, no job security, very easy to be sent home with minimal error.
Good company
Good company to work for sorry I left them. Any problems you had they solved them quickly. They couldn't do enough for you. Lots of hours if you can do them
Not great to work for
I worked hard done long and avariety of shifts ,they still wanted more with not great payment .The management were not very helpful in our normal working day.
Awful
Probably one of the worst places I have ever worked in, it's a about who you know not how good you are, very poor training and support, managers are not very nice and not approachable at all.
Great Learning Experience
G4S is a challenging but rewarding environment providing employees with significant scope to develop and progress within the organisation. Salary restrictions are one of the biggest challenges.
Terrible soul destroying place
The only way to describe this job is that's it's a very easy job made almost impossible by management as they run this place so unbelievably poorly!! Almost has to be seen to believe it! Most of the people that work along side you are great and save this job a little but over all dont expect any help or assistance from management as they just dont care and they will screw you over any they can
Avoid avoid
Absolute shambles of place to work, company have moved to a new premises, basically they have built it in a way that staff can't communicate ie socialise with each other, management are there way to long, most where previously drivers, I think there could be issues regarding there education, not saying anything about drivers getting promoted, but in this case management are definitely lacking social skills, managerial skills, there's no accountability by management, anything that goes wrong they will point finger at staff where ever they can.
Pros
Getting paid always on time
g4s is a good company . g4s help me to build up my self
i learned a lots of things in g4s . g4s give me the best experience in Dubai . i worked in a lots of locations . i gained a perfect confidence in G4S . thank you (Group 4) .
Not bad company.
A job to make a minimum living.Not many opportunities to develop.Pleasant working environment.Paid on time.Constant roster and possibility to work overtime.
Productive and fun workplace
Work/life balance as a casual events steward is why I applied for the job. As a college student, I really only have time for a part time job. I am called in on weekends for matches and other various events that may pop up. It's a very flexible position, which suits me perfectly.

Overall, I enjoy the work we do. A typical day can consist of setting up the venue, checking tickets, escorting people to seats, providing security for guests and crowd control. I would say the the most enjoyable part of the job is also the hardest; dealing with the public. Generally people are agreeable enough and follow your instruction. You'll engage with some really lovely people, a pleasant interaction with a happy customer can make your day. However you do get a few who tend to make your job difficult. Sometimes it can be hard to maintain composure and a smile but it's important to remain professional. It's always relieving to share stories with co-workers when the work gets tough. I'm lucky enough to work with a close group of people. It makes the job a lot easier when you know your colleagues have your back.

It's a minimum wage position with room for advancement/promotion if desired. I know some people who choose to leave this particular position after a year or two and others who have worked for G4S for years and have moved up into supervisor positions with higher wages.
Pros
Flexible hours, exciting work
Cons
low pay
Communication
You will need good communication skills for this job as you are dealing with members of the public’s problems and situations within the car park and throughout there time in the hospital.
Some of the worst management I’ve come across yet
Promised the moon & the stars the usual . Throwing out Capital dock / corporate ambassador and the other famous one ‘we have Dublin port’ Dublin port finishes in the summer and staff left with no sites to go to . Corporate bank where their own contracts manager gets barred off the site by the client for poor management of G4S staff . G4S are not the company it was many many years a go , especially with moronic management
Pros
You might get some hours
Cons
Constantly breaking employment laws