G4S Employee Reviews

Found 50 reviews matching the search See all 12,071 reviews
Terrible soul destroying place
CIT security van driver (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 October 2019
The only way to describe this job is that's it's a very easy job made almost impossible by management as they run this place so unbelievably poorly!! Almost has to be seen to believe it! Most of the people that work along side you are great and save this job a little but over all dont expect any help or assistance from management as they just dont care and they will screw you over any they can
Avoid avoid
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 September 2019
Absolute shambles of place to work, company have moved to a new premises, basically they have built it in a way that staff can't communicate ie socialise with each other, management are there way to long, most where previously drivers, I think there could be issues regarding there education, not saying anything about drivers getting promoted, but in this case management are definitely lacking social skills, managerial skills, there's no accountability by management, anything that goes wrong they will point finger at staff where ever they can.
Pros
Getting paid always on time
g4s is a good company . g4s help me to build up my self
SECURITY OFFICER (G4S) (Former Employee) –  index tower27 August 2019
i learned a lots of things in g4s . g4s give me the best experience in Dubai . i worked in a lots of locations . i gained a perfect confidence in G4S . thank you (Group 4) .
Not bad company.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dublin18 August 2019
A job to make a minimum living.Not many opportunities to develop.Pleasant working environment.Paid on time.Constant roster and possibility to work overtime.
Productive and fun workplace
Casual Events Steward (Current Employee) –  Limerick12 August 2019
Work/life balance as a casual events steward is why I applied for the job. As a college student, I really only have time for a part time job. I am called in on weekends for matches and other various events that may pop up. It's a very flexible position, which suits me perfectly.

Overall, I enjoy the work we do. A typical day can consist of setting up the venue, checking tickets, escorting people to seats, providing security for guests and crowd control. I would say the the most enjoyable part of the job is also the hardest; dealing with the public. Generally people are agreeable enough and follow your instruction. You'll engage with some really lovely people, a pleasant interaction with a happy customer can make your day. However you do get a few who tend to make your job difficult. Sometimes it can be hard to maintain composure and a smile but it's important to remain professional. It's always relieving to share stories with co-workers when the work gets tough. I'm lucky enough to work with a close group of people. It makes the job a lot easier when you know your colleagues have your back.

It's a minimum wage position with room for advancement/promotion if desired. I know some people who choose to leave this particular position after a year or two and others who have worked for G4S for years and have moved up into supervisor positions with higher wages.
Pros
Flexible hours, exciting work
Cons
low pay
Communication
Parking Attendant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Heartlands Hospital15 July 2019
You will need good communication skills for this job as you are dealing with members of the public’s problems and situations within the car park and throughout there time in the hospital.
Some of the worst management I’ve come across yet
Corporate Security (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 July 2019
Promised the moon & the stars the usual . Throwing out Capital dock / corporate ambassador and the other famous one ‘we have Dublin port’ Dublin port finishes in the summer and staff left with no sites to go to . Corporate bank where their own contracts manager gets barred off the site by the client for poor management of G4S staff . G4S are not the company it was many many years a go , especially with moronic management
Pros
You might get some hours
Cons
Constantly breaking employment laws
Fraudulant company stole my pension of 20 years at 130.00 a month
Prison Officer (Former Employee) –  Ryehill10 July 2019
Wouldn't trust this company
A fraud which should be taken.over by a professional company That cares about there staff completely
1 a days work should be completed and not bullied into you got to stand on the movements gate in the pouring rain with no food or hot drinks
Stop the bullying completely
Get rid of all management and the Directors
Pros
Nothing free
Cons
Being in the click
Cit
CIT Driver (Current Employee) –  Dublin7 June 2019
No training, overall transport equipment too old, breaking down on the road and lack of any real programming for future development. Poor moral as money for some people above rate for people there a few years.
Pros
People
Cons
Poor training, poor planning, poor equipment
Very unprofessional
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Dublin15 March 2019
I have been employed with G4S for almost 20 years.
In the beginning it was a great company to work for. In the past 7 to 10 years the company has gone downhill and continues to do so.
The management are a joke, the HR department is run by kids who have no clue as to what their job entails.
The salary is embarrassing. The company are more interested in profits and keeping the client happy rather than the welfare of the employee.
I would not recommend this company to anyone looking for work, even as a part time job.
Loyalty means nothing to this company
G4S are the worst company to work for.
Stay away... Get a job cleaning windows. You'll be better paid
Pros
Cons
Low money, long hours, no job prospects, no communication from management on all levels.
I find working with my colleagues very rewarding .
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 February 2019
My personal review of G4S as a company overall is that there's a real lack of communication between the s/o and those at management level that doesn't always filter down to root level.
Pros
Lots of hours.
Cons
Bad communication.
Avoid this company at all costs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  rialto dublin5 November 2018
I worked with g4s for 3 years in cash processing in rialto dublin . i worked nightshift . the management dont have a clue what they are doing . my wages were wrong at least once a month ,every month , people speak in their own language , included managers supervisors ect, you are expected to stay on every morning even though you just done a ten hour shift , you will not recieve any overtime pay rate just a standard flat rate, the managment from the directors right down to floor manager are incompetent , they cant give you a straight answer when your wages are wrong and they take two or three days to pay you the rest what your owed , at christmas they buy you a pizza as your bonus , this company is one of the worst companies in ireland to work for definitely in the top three. the amount of bullying that goes on in the cash pro room is unbelievable . managers are friends with supervisors and speak in there own language about other employees . avoid this company at all costs its a disgrace .
Pros
Cons
bad management, filthy dirty, speaking in there own language, wages wrong, bullying
typical day at work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cork16 October 2018
you come in clock in walk the building make sure everyting is in order then every hour call g4s to clock in to make sure your not sleeping on the job.make sure all windows and doos are locked before setting alarm
Pros
long lunch
Cons
bad hours
Just a job with very poor management
Senior Cash Processor (Former Employee) –  Dublin26 June 2018
The only good thing about this Job is the staff you work with.
No Benefits from the company. Your wages are always wrong. The place is very dirty the management do not care and keep making false promises. Their offices in the same building are spotless. Managers do not last over 6months to 1 year. The union rep is completely on the management side they are of no help even though you have to pay the union no matter what. For Christmas you get a slice of pizza from the company. The staff have to contribute amongst themselves for a Christmas party.Try and avoid working here.
Pros
Fellow Collegues
Cons
Poor wages, Bad working conditions, No bonuses everything you can think of.
My Experience
National Contracts Manager/ Industrial Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 May 2018
Started in 1988 until 2011. the management were hands on. it made it a very welcoming company to work in. I learned a lot within G4S, I was always trained for any job that needed doing. Excellent work environment. The hardest part was leaving. I had a great experience. Met the most amazing people .
Pros
Management were hands on
High pressure work place
Section Manager (Former Employee) –  Sligo21 March 2018
Bad upper management always fire fighting. H.R was a joke and the last place you would go if you had a problem. General staff very good to work with and they try to keep moral up. Mid level managers generally very good and willing to help when able. It would take very little for this company to be one of the best to work for in the country. A service industry is always high pressure and yes I would go back but never as a manager.
Pros
Good Pay
Great experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin4 March 2018
Unique company to work in with a diverse range of areas to work within. Environment can be pressurized due to high work load and staffing numbers. Great experience for new starter
good company bad management.
security/ Event supervisor (Former Employee) –  Limerick26 February 2018
overall good with pay etc, hours went too low across the board and bad man management, no opportunity for full time employment or advancement ,didn't look after long term employees or event supervisors appropriately pay or otherwise.
Pros
fun and engaging environment working in thomond park.
Cons
went to part time not by choice, scattered working hours no way of getting back to full time hours, or advancement.
great company to work for
security officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 January 2018
never a problem with wages, never a problem if you need a day off or shift swap.
look after theyre employees in a great way.
i would recommend g4s to anyone lookin for employment
Dynamic work environment
Prison Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  HMP Ryehill15 January 2018
Not a bad company to work for but I do feel that promotion is done purely by the old boy network and friends helping friends! Generally everyone is friendly and supportive but progression is the main problem
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
No progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

53.1K