Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel Employee Reviews in Salthill, County Galway

Hospitality
If your looking to advance in the hospitality industry there's no better place to learn and grow than the GBH. It caters for so many different conferences and events, as well as the various departments in the hotel. There's great room to advance and gain lots of knowledge.
Absolutely awful workplace, DO NOT work here.
I have never experienced as bad a workplace in the first five minutes of arriving there.

As soon as I arrived for my trial I was told that if I don’t comply with their super strict dress code (I had black jeans and black shoes on but apparently that wasn’t good enough. Had to be black slacks and purely black shoes with no hint of other colours)

I was made fun of for not being able to afford any better shoes, because I’d spent the last of my money on the pants I was forced to buy by the staff on duty during my trial. I was made to walk 3.2km in the rain to and back to the hotel to get those pants and then I couldn’t afford the shoes because I’d spent it on the pants. Then, the staff member on duty asked me to repeat the fact that I couldn’t afford shoes, for the other staff to hearand humiliated me further by making me lean over the bar and repeat back to him what shoes all the staff wore.

Absolutely horrendous place to work, don’t bother wasting your time here. I told their HR departsment and got absolutely no response back.

Their wage is barely competitive if that at all so it’s not worth the effort whatsoever with the attitude the staff give.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Terrible staff who you just cannot work alongside whatsoever
Anonymous Business
The management is lacklustre, at best. There's no order nor is there anyone who can constructively assist you as an employee. The pay is terrible for the hours that you work and rarely, were you paid on time, there was always some excuse for negligence that was 'someone else's fault'. Fine for temporary work but if you're planning on working here full-time, may God have mercy on you.
Pros
Free dinner (if you got a break)
Cons
Management, long hours, inconsistencies for pay, no tips unless the manager at the time decides to share, just a terrible place to work.
Poor management but excellent staff
Staff in the hotel are all very good, duty managers are all excellent are their job but upper management is unfriendly and unhelpful. Pay is laughable and the treatment of staff in terms of advancement and improved pay is also laughable
Pros
Staff are excellent good team work and free lunches
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, bad management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Galway Bay Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9