Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel Employee Reviews for Bartender

Poor Management and Organisation
Shifts would regularly extend long into the night with no warning or extra break. Often Managers did not coincide with each other about guests. Lack of organisation in the bar and between bar and restaurant. Slight exploitation of staff.
Pros
Free Luches
Cons
Shifts not guaranteed to end on time
Absolutely awful workplace, DO NOT work here.
I have never experienced as bad a workplace in the first five minutes of arriving there.

As soon as I arrived for my trial I was told that if I don’t comply with their super strict dress code (I had black jeans and black shoes on but apparently that wasn’t good enough. Had to be black slacks and purely black shoes with no hint of other colours)

I was made fun of for not being able to afford any better shoes, because I’d spent the last of my money on the pants I was forced to buy by the staff on duty during my trial. I was made to walk 3.2km in the rain to and back to the hotel to get those pants and then I couldn’t afford the shoes because I’d spent it on the pants. Then, the staff member on duty asked me to repeat the fact that I couldn’t afford shoes, for the other staff to hearand humiliated me further by making me lean over the bar and repeat back to him what shoes all the staff wore.

Absolutely horrendous place to work, don’t bother wasting your time here. I told their HR departsment and got absolutely no response back.

Their wage is barely competitive if that at all so it’s not worth the effort whatsoever with the attitude the staff give.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Terrible staff who you just cannot work alongside whatsoever
hard but enjoyable
extremely fast paced work. learn lots on the job and meet lots of new people. need to have good social skills and be a fast learner. no room for error.
Pros
free lunches, good co-workers
Cons
unsocial hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Galway Bay Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9