GameStop
Coronavirus update
Information from GameStop:

GameStop Employee Reviews

Ireland56 reviews
Good place to work part time
Good place to work part time. Always something to do. Very relaxed environment most of the time. Pay is average. Not much progression within stores. .
Great staff but bad management
GameStop can be a great place to work. The customers are loyal, fellow staff members are energetic and fun and you don't generally work unsociable hours. However, the management from the higher ups is dreadful. They don't care about the staff or managers and are constantly underpaying and undervaluing them.
Pros
Great customers, great friends to be made.
Cons
Bad pay, bad treatment, ridiculous targets.
Dont work here
Worked for gamestop for 4 years is was ok at start but then kept getting worse. Unrealistic targets and your hours get cut to minimum if not met. No job security and management are intimidating bully. Also found that the company is very sexsist and money hunger.
Tough fast paced job
This is a company that changes the goal posts constantly.
They expect part time staff of 15 hours or less to remember targets and new release dates when new info on these subjects appears everyday.

There is no buzz or decent atmospheres in the shops is all about hitting the numbers and doing whatever it takes to achieve this.

Not a great environment at all and it has a facade of being fun and exciting which is really inst. Little to no benefits, a small staff discount and no staff parties or Christmas bonuses or commission on sales.
Fun
The place itself is fun, the employees are great and the benefits are nice too. Sometimes it can be slow but something interesting can happen a lot, which is nice.
Low pay, no discount, higher ups never worked on the shop floor before
The lowest rate of pay possible, very few full time staff, stingy with hours, no discount, my store manager was amazing but I left when he did.
The higher up managers were awful, not to me but to my manager, who had to pass the messages to us.

Very competitive, staff have daily quotas to reach for annoying products so we have to be extremely pushy which drives customers away then higher ups tell us to push more and punish us for customers not buying the pointless pushy products.

Awful place pushydrcustomers away
Management is Out of Touch
I really like the people I work with and some days are super fun! But most of the management doesn't even play video games and it shows. Seems like the money is more important than the products.
Everyone was nice it as a good working environment the Manager treated everyone nicely the pay was given out evenly I have no complaints about the job
Pros
Good money
Cons
I had to travel far
Great place to start a great career , hour wage could be a bitter for the start but everything apart of that is great , great atmosphere within team members.
Toxic and chaotic work environment
Don't work here, unless you're really desperate. When I was working in store, staff were being constantly threatened by head office to sell, sell, sell an embarrassing amount of 'extras' at the till. And the incentive to sell? Well, if you don't reach your targets, you will be disciplined. Simple as. The cherry on the cake, is that all members of staff in a store (bar the manager) receive minimum wage. No bonuses or raises for long term members of staff. Nothing. There was numerous times were I was left to manage the store I worked in, because head office couldn't source a manager. As a keyholder, I was left to manage a busy (and understaffed) store. I was doing payroll, rostering staff, opening/closing, auditing/stock-keeping, interviewing new staff. No bonus, no manager pay. Just minimum wage.

There is also a culture of bullying in stores, there are some very nasty managers whose behaviour is ignored in large part by head office. The bullying amongst managers can range from verbal abuse, to cutting your hours and giving them to his/her favourite member of staff. Whatsapp groups created by managers to mock their own members of staff too, it's vile.

Honestly, my mental health improved the day I left this toxic work environment and I haven't looked back since. I'm sure there are some nice managers and stores left in the company, but how head office facilitates such a toxic workplace and damaging culture is really beyond me.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Untrained managers, low pay, depressing environment
Gamestop
great company to work with with many benifits even dou i was only there for a short time hours were quite nice also with sundays off so couldnt complain
Fun workplace
Very Good work environment. I was an intern here , but they treated me as a part of them.
very fun job for those who like challenges and new things everyday and also Games!
Pros
A good place to work
Cons
None!
I didn't have a good experience
The environment is really bad. Very bossy people working there in the management. It was a bad experience overall. Very difficult to learn something as the organization is very bad.
anti productive
bad work ethic created with bad advertising and lower ideal sales targets. Due to new province managers and overall leaders. Loved it upon first starting but the gentleman who got xtra vision shut down within two years of being the manager of all Ireland stores managers and sales techniques, got that place closed, and I would perhaps wager we will see a similar closing of alot of gamestop branches in Ireland and will remain open in Dublin and other very highly populated cities.
Pros
great customers
Cons
horrid work ethic/anti sales approaches ordered by regional managers
no payment
very boring as I stand around all day stacking the same shelves that don't need stacking
but the employees are lovely

its okay I just don't like traveling into town
Pros
good lunch time and leaving time.
Cons
boring
good
Good work environment would recommend for gaining experience in a busy retail environment with opportunity to progress into a managers role...........
Ridiculous expectations for little benefit
A typical day would include keeping the floor tidy, talking to customers on the floor or at the till, testing consoles, trading in games, processing games, restocking the floor, tidying the collectibles/t-shirts, hoovering, mopping, and counting up the cash at the end of the day.

For all it's faults, I did learn a lot here (hence 2 stars instead of one). Customer service skills learned here can be brought into pretty much every other job you go to. This includes diffusing tense situations, creating a rapport, and so on.

Management is.... So so. I don't want to go too much into it for fear of being defamatory. In terms of my actual managers, they have generally been at least alright.

Workplace culture is actually alright. I enjoyed working with most of my colleagues, though a few unpleasant people made their way into the workforce. Most were great, and made the job (almost) worthwhile. There were other people that would sell their own mother to get ahead, and those people seemed to go far.

The hardest part were the KPIs and the way management expects too much of the people actually working with the customers. Staff turnover has increased monumentally since I started because the demands of the job are not worth the minimum wages that are given. There are no bonuses for selling the right things. When customers come in, we need to convince them to buy a million different things, when all they wanted was a game. I appreciate that KPI's are a natural part of any retail job, however GameStop takes it to the extreme. We had to hit each of these, plus keep the shop looking
 - more...
Pros
Retail experience
Cons
Few benefits, theft, unreasonable expectations
very fun place to work
Due to my keen interest in the product that they sell i found this a really great place to work. There were a variety of tasks to perform all of which made the day pass really quickly.
Pros
The merchandise
Cons
long walk to work
A great experience
although i only did work experience there i was treated as a regular employee and there was a great degree of professionalism when dealing with any problems that arose. During a typical day i would clean shelves, process trade ins, prepare console for resale and sometimes i would help customers. Great place to work.
Pros
good hours, very comfortable place to work, friendly staff
productive and fun workplace
manager at the time was lovely and always helped to make sure you reached your goals. was a very nice place to work with good staff and good management.
Empresa muito Dinamica
Muito foco no cliente.
Dia normal é sempre muito cheia as lojas com uma base muita alta de clientes fieis.

A empresa oferece treinamentos basicos e avancado depedendo do seu proprio desenvolvimento.

O Local de trabalho é bem leve e com pessoas muito legais e eficientes.

Mais complicado sempre sao os Clientes que estao tendo um dia ruim, mas nao deixar isso estragar o seu dia é a chave para continuar tendo uam boa performance.

A melhor parte é o Reconhecimento.