Gem Pack Foods

Gem Pack Foods Employee Reviews

Gem pack are a fast paced food supply company for alot of top food shops and company's. The staff in general are made up of all nationalitys and get along OK.. This is a fast paced production environment with filling machines loading and bagging the products.. The end line is packed into the required boxes etc.. Good hours of work in a nice work place.. Hr management good as floor manager good
The place is very relaxed but can be intense at times. Typical hours are from 8 am till 16:30 pm but on Friday you finish at 15:30, you have two breaks one 15 mins and the other 30 mins. The work is mostly manual depending on what position you'll be put in (e.g. working on a production line or warehouse). You clock in get to your line and do your job, have your two breaks and near the end of the day clean your area and clock out. The other employees are friendly and the management are very much the same. The canteen is big enough with microwaves, tea, milk, sugar and boiled water. In general Gem Pack is a very friendly place but i wouldn't recommend staying there for long and if so try and get an increased salary. The Pros: would be how friendly the people can be, the working hours and breaks, it's not a stressful job but can get intense, the management usually listens to any complaints, bike racks and a smoking area all protected from rain, long Christmas holidays (usually 12 days) and you have weekends off always ( work from Mon-Friday ) The cons: would be the benefits, especially the Christmas ones, the lack of adequate security on the premises, occasionally the management can be unfair, the manual labor can get hard sometimes and the pay isn't that great with minimum wage.
Gem Pack Foods is very good company to start work in Ireland. They help with every documents what we need to start work in this country. Very nice atmosfere in work.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Cold in winter
Working here was a good experience it helped me develop my ability to work with other people in a more cooperate way. I was willing to work with my fellow employees very well. I really liked this job.
I worked here when I left college just for money, it is a very well run company and I had no problems ever, it just wasn't for me! If anyone is looking for a factory job, I would recommend highly!
A typical day at gem pack packing and running machinery.what i learned in gem pack how to work with a good teamMagagement caring and good workmanshipThe hardast part of the job was the first couple of days getting to know the routine of the factoryThe most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning new things
Pros
hours suited me well
  1. Employee reviews