Giraffe Childcare

Giraffe Childcare Employee Reviews

Ireland16 reviews
Turn over of staff
I worked in rathfarnham, the team is great especially management she is so relaxed and friendly sometimes too much that you forget she's management.
The main downfall is the turn over in staff, always expected to work longer shifts.

Most days we are short staffed and over ratio.

N

Night
Great team work
I work in Giraffe Ballyowen for 3 years and I can say that I've learned a lot there. I had the best team work and the amazing managers. They helped and support me a lot with my Fetac level 6. I could improve my English and learn more about caring, safety and well being.
Great first childcare job
Overal I enjoyed my time working in the giraffe company. I was working in Blanchardstown then in Parkwest,both places were completely differently runned.Due to low salary there is a massive turnover of the staff and most of staff are very young,which creates fun vibe workplace.
Pros
Co workers, Team building nights
Cons
Low pay
Fun workplace
The best part of the job was the kids. Unfortunately the salary is very low and the people are overload of work. There are a lot of good people working in there not getting the money they deserve.
nice colleagues and atmosphere
Its my first job here in Ireland and i liked it but i would like to find something more convenient and and within walking distance to my house. i liked the children and the work but i dont feel that it would be the right fit for me for the long term position.
Pros
good atmosphere
Fun work place
What I like the most is that the company gives you the opportunity to advance in your career path, they also provides formative courses.
The management and the staff is very supportive when you are new and still learning.

I have relearn about patience, creativity and the most important communication every day in the class with the little children.
Tutora de Aula
Trabajar en está escuela infantil en Irlanda me ha dado la oportunidad de desarrollarme como maestra. Me han dado la oportunidad de ser tutora de aula y mejorar mi inglés.
De realizar mis actividades con una metodología concreta y seguir la evolución de cada uno de los alumnos.
Pros
Sueldo
Cons
se encontraba muy lejos de mi vivienda
Productive and Enthusiastic Place to work.
In Giraffe Childcare I've learned a lot about caring for children and how to be there for them. Doing varies activities with children in different age groups.
The staff was encouraging and helpful in many ways.

The most enjoyable part of this Job was the happy faces of my class when I enter and their hugs.
Pros
A morning break and a Lunch break.
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Giraffe Childcare?
Buena relación entre compañeros
Este trabajo me ofreció la oportunidad de conocer el sistema educativo en otro país.
Pros
Sueldo
Overworked not payes enough
Manager was hated throughout the staff, was forced to work overtime, not appreciated, every member of staff that was there when I joined have left was only there 9 months. Multiple times left with over ratio of kids. Understaffed. Kept getting stomach bugs told it was my fault. Other staff were nice. When I left manager wouldn't even say goodbye
Pros
Lovely kids
Cons
Large company but an overall good experience
Working for this company was an eye opener. It was an 8 hour shift and occasionally some over time. You will be rostered in at different times each week. The centres open at 7.15/7.30 and close at 6.45.
You could be rostered in as early as 7.15 or as late as 9.45.

Although my time was brief working for Giraffe I learned a lot. I refreshed my knowledge of Aistear and Siolta. The company also provides a lot of opportunities to upskill. Yes the courses are on a Saturday but they are an amazing opportunity. You can also become a Supervisor or Deputy Manager if you work hard enough.

The work load was a lot but the staff were very helpful and supportive. I have made a lot of friends while working there. If you are ever down or having a hard day each staff member will be there to help you.

The hardest part of the job was the paperwork. There is a lot and it is very time consuming (especially when you are multi tasking) but it is doable. Some days can be stressful but as long as you keep up with everything you will be fine.

The staff are amazing. They are supportive, kind and helpful. They are always willing to give you tips and tricks that they've learned. Everyone is talkative and wants to be your friend which makes the day go fast.

When you get your room you are bound to get attached to the children. After a while in the morning they will come up and hug you which is amazing

Yes it is a big company and it had a bad reputation in the past but I had a wonderful time working there and I will miss everyone a lot.
Pros
Friendly staff, opportunities to upskill
Cons
long hours, stressful when understaffed, big work load
Excellent experience and friendly environment
Enjoyed working in this busy childcare company. Staff were easy to work with and managemnet were supportive. The personal rewards working with children was very good and dealing with problems on a daily basis added variety to the job. It was always busy which added to fulfilling work day.
Pros
Ecellent experience
Cons
more in house training
Large Company
Very long hours, often worked longer hours because there was no staff to take over your shift.
Management and rest of staff very much seperate.

Team on the floor were excellant support and fun to work with.
busy place to work
I learned a lot with my time in giraffe. i have a lot of respect for the people who work here and care so much for the children
Pros
working with such nice people
joyful workplace.
completing my work experience in Giraffe Childcare was a very eye opening experience. the staff were all welcoming .
This is a great place to work, staff are all very friendly and senior management are incredibly supportive.
Pros
atmosphere