Glanbia Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulach an Iarainn, County Waterford1 October 2018
I was employed on a part-time basis, working Monday and Tueday's in the Glanbia Co-op in Tallow Co. Waterford. I was dealing with the public every day selling products over the counter in the shop.
Excellent company to work for
SAP BPS/IP Developer (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny28 March 2018
Worked for Avonmore and Glanbia for over 40 years and enjoyed every one of them. Lots of opportunities to develop and advance.
Lots of travel involved in last role there, EMEA, ASPAC & US. Worked on very interesting projects there , demand planning, reporting, forecasting & budgeting. Now retired
Pros
Great location and good pension scheme & bonus opportunity
Cons
Tight deadlines and lots of work
Interesting work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny Town, County Kilkenny18 February 2018
Worked as part of a team.
Performed different jobs each week.
Friendly employees who were more than willing to help you out.
Flexible lunch times.
Needed to work under time pressure
Pros
Free lunch
Very good work force
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 February 2018
It was a very small depot for the amount of product being held in it
space a big factor because of this people got stressed when trying to do there job as you tried to put pallets of stock in one place as they went to get another pallet someone would move there pallets as they
wanted that space for another order and this would cause people to get stressed out with one another.
We got loads of training on different things.
There were 3 shifts
1st was 6 am - 2 pm witch were called the key areas which were
Stock Control , Market Returns , In Take , Admin ,

The other 2 shifts were from 2 pm -10 pm and 10 pm - 6 am.
This is when the orders were picked and loaded.

Overall it was a great place to work with a excellent work force who most had being working there for over 10 years and new the job inside out.
Pros
If you worked overtime you received a meal allowance
Cons
When asked to do overtime you always said yes just to get the job done
Tough Work
Health & Safety Coordinator & Stores (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 December 2017
Fast moving goods industry is a busy environment. Picking using the voice picking system can cause fatigue. This is difficult when coupled with shift work.
Glanbia
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Wexford3 October 2017
It wasnt anything big so i wouldnt have the best idea but it was an easy time there and enjoyable, the management were always really nice and the work to life balance was good as it was from morning to evening work with an hour break.
Competitive workplace
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wexford8 August 2017
Competitive workplace, but good hr systems with training and opportunities for advancement. Due to competitive nature, the culture of the workplace could suffer.
Pros
Training
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin12 July 2017
I get chance to build my experience on team leader position also learn SAP system working in the office im strong in excel and word it was nice time working in this company
Glanbia had a good atmosphere and the staff were friendly.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mountmellick, County Laois14 June 2017
A day of work in Glanbia started at 8:30am and ended at 5:30pm. At the start I felt Glanbia was not the place for me but as the weeks progressed I started to take a liking to it. I learned lots of valuable things such as different types of hardware etc. I got to interact with all sorts of people on a daily bases. I enjoyed assisting people and dealing with tills. I ever found anything to difficult and gave every task 100%
Pros
long lunch break
Fun busy work place
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Roosky, County Roscommon13 June 2017
I spent my holidays during school working within the factory as a general operative, this is where I learned the importance of team work. while working as a general operative it at times hard, but the team spirit was enough to get you through..
Industrial environment
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth6 June 2017
Admittedly I didn't enjoy a lot of my time there in a factory environment as I believe I was too immature to appreciate that with such a company, if I pushed myself, I could very easily have acquired some sort of advancement. The wages were excellent and the roster was good. In fairness the experience I gained has stood to me since and has helped me secure work since I left glanbia, in terms of implementing health and safety and hygiene practices. However a factory environment can be a very negative place to work in.
Pros
Great wages
Cons
Sometime negative environment
Repetitive & Boring - as times
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Killkenny, Ireland25 April 2017
Felt like a number rather than an employee at times. The jobs that I was assigned and limited my ability to show my skills, I felt restricted with my tasks.
Pros
Working on exciting projects
Cons
Repetitive
Busy environment
User / Security Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ballyragget, County Kilkenny2 March 2017
Worked in transport office entering job cards and invoices. Mainly worked in the accounts area as an accounts assistant.
Pros
Canteen
productive, active and interactive
Crop Inspector (Former Employee) –  Carlow23 November 2016
My past experience in Glanbia as a crop inspector involved very repetitive work for long hours which required high levels of concentration, which I was able to commit to. Although not highly technical, it maximized my team work and organization skills
Pros
Knowledge gained
Cons
Enjoyable job and nice meeting new people everyday.
Van Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterford27 September 2016
I usually done an 8 or 9 hour day , I collected my deliverys in morning around 4.30 and between delivering and driving I worked 8or 9 hours everyday.Manegment and co-workers were nice and I enjoyed meeting the customers.
Pros
If the work was done the boss never really bothered you.
Cons
Driving in all kinds of weather was a challenge sometimes.
Productive and enjoyable
Work Experience Transport Managment (Former Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth25 June 2016
in Transport Management there is a lot of communication between subordinates. everyone in the work place were very friendly and there was no conflict on the job. Computers were essential as it recorded details of costs and payments and what trucks went in and out and transported its goods.
Terrible, no job security
Retail (Current Employee) –  Dublin14 February 2016
The only thing this company is interested in, is profits and sales figures. How hard you work isn't taken into consideration, so long as the management make their budgets and get their bonuses, the small guy at the bottom of the wrung stays there!
Pros
Cons
No job security
Professional workplace, with fun, approachable departments
IT Service Desk - First Line Support (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny, Ireland23 October 2015
My daily routine involved taking calls, emails and IM's from end users regarding their IT issues and logging them to our Incident Management Suite LANDesk. From there i would respond and help resolve incidents where possible and then escalate calls where it was not possible. The management and co-workers, although very busy and often tough on you, were very helpful and friendly. There was never a fear of asking questions, no matter how stupid it may seem. The hardest part of my job was trying to priorities the overwhelming number of calls that we dealt with during the day. Recognizing which calls were more important than others and finding a way to deal them. I had numerous enjoyable parts of my job, including resolving a tough call and hearing the end users elated response and receiving thanks for them. Also when you have built up a rapport with end users and the ask for you because they trust you.
Pros
Friendly Atmostphere
Cons
no breaks some days. difficult to advance.
Nice workplace
Sales & Yard assistant (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, TA15 January 2015
A typical day started at 8.30 and finished at 5.30.
I learned how the computer system worked and got my forklift licence while working there.
Management was very helpful anytime I had a question or needed their help with something.
My co workers were nice and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was working in a big yard trying to keep on top of things all the time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and making new friends while working there.
productive workplace
general operative (Former Employee) –  drogheda15 August 2014
very busy and productive workplace. Everyone got along and management are easy to approach.