Glanbia Employee Reviews

Glanbia co-op
Glanbia (Former Employee) –  Carrickbeg, County Tipperary11 September 2019
My experience of Glanbia was very beneficial and rewarding. It gave me a great idea of work and the duties that are required in the work force. I worked in the yard which gave me the idea of working in a warehouse and is the reason I am applying for this job.
Milkman (collecting money) (Current Employee) –  Clondalkin, County Dublin9 September 2019
A typical day at work is fine, very easy work. Since I’ve started this job I’ve learned how to deal with money and customers in the right way. I don’t find any part of my job difficult, I find it very straight forward.
Lovely people to work with
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Ceann Poill, County Wexford29 August 2019
Great management lovely staff some good benefits my only problem was not having two days off together.l Would go back to work for the company if the opportunity ever arises
Good people but no career progression opportunities
Project Manager SAP Implementations (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 February 2019
SAP support team is staffed by strong experienced resources who can gain further good practical solution and process knowledge in their day to day activities. Whilst staff attrition is high in the lower ranks it is very low in the senior positions and therefore opportunity to progress beyond a support role is very very limited.
Pros
Talented resources
Cons
Work environment, lack of opportunity
work experience
Horticulturist (Former Employee) –  New Ross, County Wexford18 October 2018
i only done my work experience here nice people to work with very busy workplace i enjoyed working here even though it was only one day a week for 10 weeks
Productive Workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulach an Iarainn, County Waterford1 October 2018
I was employed on a part-time basis, working Monday and Tueday's in the Glanbia Co-op in Tallow Co. Waterford. I was dealing with the public every day selling products over the counter in the shop.
Excellent company to work for
SAP BPS/IP Developer (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny28 March 2018
Worked for Avonmore and Glanbia for over 40 years and enjoyed every one of them. Lots of opportunities to develop and advance.
Lots of travel involved in last role there, EMEA, ASPAC & US. Worked on very interesting projects there , demand planning, reporting, forecasting & budgeting. Now retired
Pros
Great location and good pension scheme & bonus opportunity
Cons
Tight deadlines and lots of work
Interesting work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny Town, County Kilkenny18 February 2018
Worked as part of a team.
Performed different jobs each week.
Friendly employees who were more than willing to help you out.
Flexible lunch times.
Needed to work under time pressure
Pros
Free lunch
Very good work force
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 February 2018
It was a very small depot for the amount of product being held in it
space a big factor because of this people got stressed when trying to do there job as you tried to put pallets of stock in one place as they went to get another pallet someone would move there pallets as they
wanted that space for another order and this would cause people to get stressed out with one another.
We got loads of training on different things.
There were 3 shifts
1st was 6 am - 2 pm witch were called the key areas which were
Stock Control , Market Returns , In Take , Admin ,

The other 2 shifts were from 2 pm -10 pm and 10 pm - 6 am.
This is when the orders were picked and loaded.

Overall it was a great place to work with a excellent work force who most had being working there for over 10 years and new the job inside out.
Pros
If you worked overtime you received a meal allowance
Cons
When asked to do overtime you always said yes just to get the job done
Tough Work
Health & Safety Coordinator & Stores (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 December 2017
Fast moving goods industry is a busy environment. Picking using the voice picking system can cause fatigue. This is difficult when coupled with shift work.
Glanbia
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Wexford3 October 2017
It wasnt anything big so i wouldnt have the best idea but it was an easy time there and enjoyable, the management were always really nice and the work to life balance was good as it was from morning to evening work with an hour break.
Competitive workplace
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wexford8 August 2017
Competitive workplace, but good hr systems with training and opportunities for advancement. Due to competitive nature, the culture of the workplace could suffer.
Pros
Training
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin12 July 2017
I get chance to build my experience on team leader position also learn SAP system working in the office im strong in excel and word it was nice time working in this company
Glanbia had a good atmosphere and the staff were friendly.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mountmellick, County Laois14 June 2017
A day of work in Glanbia started at 8:30am and ended at 5:30pm. At the start I felt Glanbia was not the place for me but as the weeks progressed I started to take a liking to it. I learned lots of valuable things such as different types of hardware etc. I got to interact with all sorts of people on a daily bases. I enjoyed assisting people and dealing with tills. I ever found anything to difficult and gave every task 100%
Pros
long lunch break
Fun busy work place
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Roosky, County Roscommon13 June 2017
I spent my holidays during school working within the factory as a general operative, this is where I learned the importance of team work. while working as a general operative it at times hard, but the team spirit was enough to get you through..
Industrial environment
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth6 June 2017
Admittedly I didn't enjoy a lot of my time there in a factory environment as I believe I was too immature to appreciate that with such a company, if I pushed myself, I could very easily have acquired some sort of advancement. The wages were excellent and the roster was good. In fairness the experience I gained has stood to me since and has helped me secure work since I left glanbia, in terms of implementing health and safety and hygiene practices. However a factory environment can be a very negative place to work in.
Pros
Great wages
Cons
Sometime negative environment
Repetitive & Boring - as times
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Killkenny, Ireland25 April 2017
Felt like a number rather than an employee at times. The jobs that I was assigned and limited my ability to show my skills, I felt restricted with my tasks.
Pros
Working on exciting projects
Cons
Repetitive
Busy environment
User / Security Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ballyragget, County Kilkenny2 March 2017
Worked in transport office entering job cards and invoices. Mainly worked in the accounts area as an accounts assistant.
Pros
Canteen
productive, active and interactive
Crop Inspector (Former Employee) –  Carlow23 November 2016
My past experience in Glanbia as a crop inspector involved very repetitive work for long hours which required high levels of concentration, which I was able to commit to. Although not highly technical, it maximized my team work and organization skills
Pros
Knowledge gained
Cons
Enjoyable job and nice meeting new people everyday.
Van Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterford27 September 2016
I usually done an 8 or 9 hour day , I collected my deliverys in morning around 4.30 and between delivering and driving I worked 8or 9 hours everyday.Manegment and co-workers were nice and I enjoyed meeting the customers.
Pros
If the work was done the boss never really bothered you.
Cons
Driving in all kinds of weather was a challenge sometimes.