Glanbia

Glanbia Employee Reviews

Great local camraderie, possibly a big gap between local branches and head office. Great work place culture. Good communication to customers and clean environment
I started in glanbia as an operator 1. Working in production as an operator requires you to learn how to use the equipment, how to wash it and how to loan it. Most of the time we collect boxes with 25kg to deposit them in the blender that will be 2 or 3 meters away 2 to 3 times a day. It's a heavy job if you are not used to lifting 40 boxes of 25 kg each. Our job is to wash used gear, so you regularly end up a bit wet. Within the first week you will be assigned a respirator as you will work with materials that are toxic or not suitable for breathing. It is constantly required to be in motion, going up and down stairs and knowing the basics when handling tools. During the entire time it’s necessary to wear a helmet, glasses, mouth guards, latex gloves, boots, shoe covers, overalls, hairnets and a respirator.Know how to drive a forklift is a plus.Know how to drive a scissor lift is a plus.Know how to be a leader is a plus.
Pros
Free lunch every month if we hit productivity and safety requirements, Good benefits
Cons
No woman, they hire only males for production, Take more than 5 months to hire you as a permanent worker, Most of the time we lift boxes with 25kg each to loan the mixer, We wash the equipment and we get a little bit wet
You have a couple people that worked as past managers at mmpa preventing you from actually getting good, experienced, reasonable workers. Instead, they choose who they know and who they are "tight" with. Good luck finding real help in this terrible profession. Go ahead and question how you can't find real help. Prove us wrong! And then ask a few years down the road why the culture there sucks! You shouldn't be surprised.
Hires individuals from outside first instead of promoting within that already know the job. At times work was so low they continued to make us work crazy hours.
Pros
You make great relationships with people
Cons
Won’t be able to grow
Poor management. Pro bullies, anti victim. Unions control company and management. They can do what they want and abuse fellow union members. Those who have seniority control everything
The management did not care about the people or what the operators had to say or there input when operators know the system in my opinion better than the management who has never ran it or touched it
Pros
The fellow operators were awesome people to work with
Cons
Them not caring
An sich ist die Arbeit nicht schwer aber der Stress den man dort hat ist nicht lange auszuhalten. Es kommt auch drauf an in welche Schicht man kommt alle 3 Schichten sind komplett unterschiedlich da eine Schicht mehr macht als die andere.
Pros
13 Monatslohn
Cons
Nichts ist dort Gratis
Excelente oportunidad de crecimiento con elementos de capacitación continua. mucha comunicacion interactiva que permite la identificacion de mejoras continuas y aplicacion de acciones correctivas. gerencia muy activa debido a la constante relacion con entes reguladores y certificadores
I learned a lot and moved up quickly. I really enjoyed working for this company. I got to travel and share my knowledge with people of many cultures, treated like family with Glanbia.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Glanbia?
If you're not Hispanic or speak Spanish this is NOT the job for you. It catered to Hispanics . the start time is 6am til 2pm and they send you to break at 9am .....30 mins with no more breaks for the day.
A typical day was going in and putting all ppe, hair nets, protective glasses, protective hearing aids and lab coats. You usually were assigned to one line and reported to the same person everyday unless they needed help somewhere else. Everything was pretty simple and self explanatory but you couldn't move up or learn if you weren't a supervisors favorite.
They gave me the space and freedom to get my job done and would have a morning and afternoon mechanic meeting to pass on work that got finished and to basically talk about how the day went. Every one was super friendly and the supervisors were more then helpful.
Pros
Freedom, Not Rushed
Cons
Dangerous, Chemical usage
The top level management's commitment to the board is stronger than their ability to see the impacts of policy choices filtering to the management and employee hierarchies beneath them. My personal experience with management involved bringing new solutions to help remove non-value added points in the QHSE environment and any solution that did not fit management's current "choice" was looked at as bucking the system.
Enjoyed my time there with everyone. Skills learned there is still use in my current work life. Glanbia set the standard that I basis my work life for my crews.
Start the day with morning stretches followed up with a review of the days tasks. Move on to set our rooms with the proper equipment needed, with the addition of calling in the products needed to complete our tasks. After dump all products into blender, package into proper containers.
Pros
Go in fairly early to leave early as well
Cons
Short breaks at time
The whole work experience was great there I loved my job , the staff there is more then helpful , the company has multiple shifts & positions available
I love that Glanbia gives you everything you need to work there. Hats, gloves, boots, uniforms, coats, jackets, lunchbox, I haven’t worked for any other company that has been as generous as them.
Loved working with gkanbia still miss working there Great staff very fair management and excellent salary Md bonus Great team working well together with staff nights out and great Christmas bonus
What I appreciate is the work life balance that they offer, as long as your department allows it the company is very flexible with your work schedule.
Worked there for a year and a half felt good at first its labor but its not too bad but eventually the management started getting bad theyre willing to put your safety at risk for them to look better and maget numbers of blends done
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Bad management, pay advance depends on supervisors if theyre dedicated to help you grow
Great leaders in place who care about the individuals and the products. Couldn’t ask for a better place that supports work life balance and benefits are terrific.