Glanbia

Glanbia Employee Reviews

Great local camraderie, possibly a big gap between local branches and head office. Great work place culture. Good communication to customers and clean environment
Good work/life balance. The work culture in the R&D organization is very friendly, collaborative, and transparent. People are willing to share their experience.
Glanbia was a good place to start at, and it helped me learn alot about working in a fast place while still being safe. I also got to Lead my department and that showed me how to lead a team to get the task done as fast and safe as possible
A good place to learn and get experience to get a better paid job.
Work/life balance sucks! Work 6 days a week with a rotating day off. So might work 10 days before a day off.
Its a fun work place the only thing that lacks at this company is the leadership an there 1 or 2 hour breaks other than that the coworkers are respectful
It was a good work experience and was well-rewarded for all the hard put in over time. Definitely worth it for those trying to get something under their belt.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
N/a
Great graduate program which provided great opportunity to work in different locations.

No micromanagement as a project engineer and trusted with your budget to deliver
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lack of decision making
The benefits package and pay make the job very attractive. You stay at the job because it is hard to find anything comparable. The job is very physically demanding and consequently I ended up having to have 5 surgeries on my arms. After coming back to work (light duty after the 5th one). I was told if I did not have a full release by a certain date then they no longer had any work for me.
Glanbia is a decent paying job with good benefits, however, the work is difficult with long hours. I would not work there again because dealing with the management made it unbearable due to their lack of assistance and proper training. Too many cut corners and rules broken due to managements lack of involvement and laziness.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Glanbia?
Horrible company to work for. Human Resources does not care and management is having relations with employees so they can move up.
Management is horrible
What a horrible place to work. Awful managers with no respect for anybody. This is the whole culture from the top down. Passive aggression like I have never experienced before. Ever wonder why the management turnover is so high?
Pros
I resigned
Cons
Absolutely awful
Poor leadership at all levels is main concern. Morale is extreme low. Employees are unsure of the direction of the company. Constant change and recent high turn-over rate is result of leadership failing to take action.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
poor leadership fails to hold employees accountable. Direction of company is uncertain.
A typical day at work was packing and leaning. I learnt how to work independently which made me resilient. The hardest part of the job was sometimes cleaning due to the fact that you had to do two jobs and cleaning wasn't my type of thing back then.
Thoroughly enjoy currently working as an intern in Glanbia Nutritionals, especially in human resources (as it is my preferred job when I graduate from university). The typical day is quite informal which is also to my liking, with an hour's break. My favourite part of my internship is helping organise events for the HR department.
you can get as much over time as you want. You should probably plan on working overtime every week. This is a great way to get into the mechanical side of the industry.
My time spent at Glanbia was very enjoyable. During my time there I learned how to use the SAP ERP system, while also growing both my personal and professional communication skills.
There is a lot of potential within Glanbia. You are able to work at your own pace and learn at your own pace. There is alot of support and guidance given to you for success. There is a healthy and happy relationship between co-workers and our VP's.
Pros
Co-worker bonding, company events, fun atmosphere, team work, employee recognition.
Management has old ideas and hard to change minds. Plant Manager was very aggressive and hard to work all the time. Employees are fun to work and people is super friendly.
I loved working there. It was a great place to work the supervisor and lead on evenings are the best bosses ive ever had they always come to the floor to help.
I learned a lot working for Aseptic Solutions (Glanbia Nutrition ).Learned about continues improvement, OPL,SWI,RCA,SOP, AM Teams. These are all focused on eliminating downtime and doing things as a "one right way". What I enjoyed about working for Glanbia was that I was able to learn all these skills, and also leadership training was provided to me to learn how to handle different personalities and situations.
Pros
Training and develpment always avalible
Cons
always working and not much time for family time
SAP support team is staffed by strong experienced resources who can gain further good practical solution and process knowledge in their day to day activities. Whilst staff attrition is high in the lower ranks it is very low in the senior positions and therefore opportunity to progress beyond a support role is very very limited.
Pros
Talented resources
Cons
Work environment, lack of opportunity