Glanbia

Glanbia Employee Reviews in Aurora, IL

Aurora, IL28 reviews
If you're not Hispanic or speak Spanish this is NOT the job for you. It catered to Hispanics . the start time is 6am til 2pm and they send you to break at 9am .....30 mins with no more breaks for the day.
Hires individuals from outside first instead of promoting within that already know the job.

At times work was so low they continued to make us work crazy hours.
Pros
You make great relationships with people
Cons
Won’t be able to grow
A typical day was going in and putting all ppe, hair nets, protective glasses, protective hearing aids and lab coats. You usually were assigned to one line and reported to the same person everyday unless they needed help somewhere else. Everything was pretty simple and self explanatory but you couldn't move up or learn if you weren't a supervisors favorite.
The top level management's commitment to the board is stronger than their ability to see the impacts of policy choices filtering to the management and employee hierarchies beneath them. My personal experience with management involved bringing new solutions to help remove non-value added points in the QHSE environment and any solution that did not fit management's current "choice" was looked at as bucking the system.
There was no room for growth. The company cared about profits than their employees. Empowering their employees was not part of the culture. Employees should be treated with respect
Good company to work for, but the pay is sub par. I'm please Glanbia has hired me , but i need something that's best suited for me. I'm thankful for Glanbia for giviing me the oppurtunity for the job.
There was a lot of favoritism. New hires were treated like they had to pass an initiation to be treated as part of the team. Those who had been there longer didn’t have to play by the rules.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Glanbia was a good place to start at, and it helped me learn alot about working in a fast place while still being safe. I also got to Lead my department and that showed me how to lead a team to get the task done as fast and safe as possible
Horrible company to work for. Human Resources does not care and management is having relations with employees so they can move up.
Management is horrible
Didn’t appreciate the work some employee does.always felt threatened if you don’t complete the work.i don’t want to talk about it.im a hardworking. Person
Good benefits good work atmosphere pay is okay. No training pole program supervisor looks like he does not want to be there but coworkers and most management have a good attitude and are very helpful
Pros
Discounts
Cons
One 45 minute break
multiple duties thrown on you, with no additional pay and no assistance offered there is a high turn over rate so you are able to move up no cap on raises so you get an increase every year.
Not a very good place to work, maybe it might have changed by now. My kids were growing and my husband had a stroke, so I felt I just needed a platform to stop and regain my professional strength and then get back to where I should be..
Pros
Good friendly quality group
Cons
management changes quite often
Worse managers. Raciest , Don't pay people on time. Company likes to use cheap job agency to find employees who don't even pay. Supervisors don't even have college degrees. Make employees over worked and under paid. Worse employee benefits, hires illegal employees.
Management at the 955 building is a joke. They have favoritism with employees. They focus on gossip and overwork employees for low pay. Worst job ever.....
At the start of every day we as dept. Leads would meet before the beginning of the shift just to plan our day and be in the same page. I learned alot about leadership
In thi job because of the people that I worked with we would always help each other always. The only hard part about this job for me was getting up everyday at 1:00 in the morning every day.

The most enjoyable part about this job was the employees they were very professionals and always very cooperative.
Pros
A very cool area 70 degrees
Cons
Start time too early 3:ooa.M
The hardest thing about this job is management! Dont know how to talk to people. They will call Saturday work at the last minute and expect for you to drop what ever you are doing and be there. But not all management is there!
Just keep looking trust me
It's not worth it, too much stress. The management don't care about their workers. The people we work with are great it,s the management that does not know what they are doing half the time.
Pros
the people are great
Cons
the management
over and all the only thing i can say about glanbia is that the management at glanbia was just terrible. they focus more on their gossip then they do about work.
satisfying work and good products. Nice co-workers and environment as well. Rewarding to see products on the store shelves. Good teamwork and people respect each other.
Glanbia has a really active team when it comes to building each other and activities. The host events for the employees with in-house basketball competitions while finding new ways to build up team members through friendly on the job, finding a better way to do the job more effectively yet in a safe matter because the missing is to have fun while doing the task.
Pros
Very nice 401k and vacation package
Cons
Healthcare