Glanbia

Glanbia Employee Reviews in Carlsbad, CA

Carlsbad, CA11 reviews
What I appreciate is the work life balance that they offer, as long as your department allows it the company is very flexible with your work schedule.
Start the day with morning stretches followed up with a review of the days tasks. Move on to set our rooms with the proper equipment needed, with the addition of calling in the products needed to complete our tasks. After dump all products into blender, package into proper containers.
Pros
Go in fairly early to leave early as well
Cons
Short breaks at time
Worked there for a year and a half felt good at first its labor but its not too bad but eventually the management started getting bad theyre willing to put your safety at risk for them to look better and maget numbers of blends done
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Bad management, pay advance depends on supervisors if theyre dedicated to help you grow
A typical day at work consist of packing a blender and packaging boxes.
I learned hoe to work better with others and how to solve problems independently.

Management was very helpful and supportive throughout my experience at Glanbia.

The work culture was open and accepting to all different type of people and characteristics.

The hardest part of the job was the amount of lifting that was done and the overall work that was required.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning how to work better with others.
It was a very fast paced environment working with large scale supplies to produce nutrient mixes for the food and beverage companies. I learned many new skills.
Great place to work at, great training , great work atmosphere would definitely recommend working here everyone is easy to get along with and they will help you learn the ropes
it's by far the worst company i have ever worked for. i can't wait for the day the let the plant manager go but i doubt that will happen any time soon.
nice clean factory a lot of interesting machines and equipment great co workers very good management. hardest part of the job is making three blends of monster but it was also great because you got a good workout
Pros
free gym q
Cons
short breaks
On a daily basis the stresses of who is responsible for completing daily goals were cumulative. Some mid level managers were attentive and helpful while others just told upper management what they wanted to hear. Testing results not meeting specs were mostly just sent back to be "reworked" by faulty direction in quality.

I learned quickly to trust only those that seemingly cared more about their primary tasks and did not ignore the unsurmountable requests from others. This way we can help each others get daily tasks done, to complete the aggregate goals on time.

The hardest part of the job was upper management pretending to know what the production level employees needed to complete their job. Later, they would justify why asking for more help or newer equipment, or other add ons was unnecessary.

We became a reactionary-last minute action group, and never did anything with planning or preventative.

I really enjoyed the light hearted banter, productive approach, and social atmosphere some of us across many departments created. We did our job, got along, and praised those that deserved it.
Pros
great gym, facility access, people.
Cons
lack of direct management support
I was a temp at this company several years ago, providing support for a software implementation. The management was below par. I was provided little direction or training and I was even threatened by my Account Manager.
Pros
Large scale company with a variety
Cons
Poor management and organization
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The management is disorganized. There's no standard protocol. Leadership is a total failure. The people loves to cover their AS*ES*, making work ridiculously stupid. If you or your relative (children) get sick and you need to call for sick time, you will receive a very uncaring, inconsiderate response. The only thing I see here that's good in here, is the bonus. But who cares about the bonus when you are working like a horse, literally every single hour of the day. I gave it 2 stars just for the bonus. (There are alot of companies who gives bonuses but still the best place / environment to work at)
Pros
bonus
Cons
everything that you could think of