Glanbia

Glanbia Employee Reviews in Gooding, ID

Gooding, ID26 reviews
The management did not care about the people or what the operators had to say or there input when operators know the system in my opinion better than the management who has never ran it or touched it
Pros
The fellow operators were awesome people to work with
Cons
Them not caring
I love that Glanbia gives you everything you need to work there. Hats, gloves, boots, uniforms, coats, jackets, lunchbox, I haven’t worked for any other company that has been as generous as them.
Fun workplace, quick pace of environment. So much to learn in the ever changing fast paced environment, there are people always there to assist in learning different areas.
The work is nice I enjoy pay is good lots of days off employees and bosses are super nice people everyone gets alone with everyone if needed they will work with you on time off
Glanbia has been a steady part of the community for years and has a reputation for being a good overall employer. Safety is a top priority here. As well a environmental stewardship.
Lots of chief’s and not enough of Indians if you get my drift! But safety is great concern which is plus, just not my cup of tea when managers tell you one thing and then go back on it!
The benefits package and pay make the job very attractive. You stay at the job because it is hard to find anything comparable. The job is very physically demanding and consequently I ended up having to have 5 surgeries on my arms. After coming back to work (light duty after the 5th one). I was told if I did not have a full release by a certain date then they no longer had any work for me.
Glanbia is a decent paying job with good benefits, however, the work is difficult with long hours. I would not work there again because dealing with the management made it unbearable due to their lack of assistance and proper training. Too many cut corners and rules broken due to managements lack of involvement and laziness.
you can get as much over time as you want. You should probably plan on working overtime every week. This is a great way to get into the mechanical side of the industry.
Great pay, benefits, people. Communication horrible, team Leads having the same understanding of policy and work duties, horrible. Had five different team Leads in 3 years, never exactly knew the answers needed, actually trained one vacation relief and team lead of importance of position, the vacation relief and my latest team lead both chose me to nit pick everything I did, causing stress, actually got in office because the vacation relief called me inappropriate names on her way home.
working at glanbia had it ups and downs. Had 4 different Managers in 3 1/2 yrs. Most people that work here are "yes" people. I was not. when asked my opinion i gave it.
Very good company to work for.
Good benefits and opportunities to grow.

The work-life balance was a little bit complicated but overall is a companynI would work for again if therw was an opporrunity to go back.
Travel and hours are not the best but overall, the company is a good company to work for. I would recommend to anyone wanting to work for Glanbia to try and do so.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Management
Cons
Travel and hours
Glanbia was a good place to work with limited advancement. The schedule was great because it was set up in a way to give you multiple days off in a row. Really good benefits.
Pros
Job security and good benefits
Cons
lack of advancement and communication from upper management
This is actually a great place to work with good pay and good benefits. Not much room for advancement in certain departments. If your willing to work in production you will have plenty of room for advancement
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Some poor management
hauling milk from farm to plant meeting dairy owners and being able to make them feel like they are the best in the industry.
management are top knotch and care about each employee and their familys.

co-workers are awesome and friendly and help keep and eye out for each other to make sure we all go home safely to our familys

Hardest part of our job was keeping our trucks clean and shineing for the image that reflects a great company.

most enjoyable part of our job was to be able to work in a safe enviroment and if we saw a safety concern and reported it knowing that the problem would be fixed.
push out any hard working employees to get puppets they can control, all about what they can do for themselves. they act like they own you and anything they say is law even if wrong
Pros
non
Cons
company as a whole
Good place to work no real complaints. Some ex-cons lurking around but reformed and good people now. Consistent pay raises.
Pros
time off
Fun job, a lot of perks, fast paced job. Helpful co-workers. Can get hard at times, but nothing impossible to accomplish.
Pros
Excellent starting pay, workout type of job, great benefits
Cons
Things often go wrong/backed up frequently
Come to work get dressed and clock in . start making boxes and lids make sure room is clean. about 5 hours after i get to work i go and hook up towers for wash. then clean drains and foam up there. basically make boxes and lids for the day and keep area clean and stocked for the next shift
Pros
401 k and insurance benefits vacation and personal days
Cons
dont always get full lunch break of other breaks. people that are not my boss telling me what to do.
There was always definitely something to keep you busy, which allows for the shift to pass quickly. The close, tight knit shifts allows good friendships to develop with fellow co-workers. There was always some sort of over time available to those who wanted it. It was a lot of manual labor and hard work with constant standing over a 12 hour or longer shift and on very busy days it was hard to get a break.
Pros
Good pay and a good work schedule
Cons
Too many meetings that needed to be attended on days off.