Glanbia

Glanbia Management reviews

Ireland33 reviews
It wasnt anything big so i wouldnt have the best idea but it was an easy time there and enjoyable, the management were always really nice and the work to life balance was good as it was from morning to evening work with an hour break.
Poor management. Pro bullies, anti victim. Unions control company and management. They can do what they want and abuse fellow union members. Those who have seniority control everything
Loved working with gkanbia still miss working there
Great staff very fair management and excellent salary Md bonus
Great team working well together with staff nights out and great Christmas bonus
The staff at Glanbia are without a doubt their biggest asset. Loyal and hardworking and always willing to help. The problem is the managers specifically withings the accounts Payable department in the SSC Dungarvan and the HR. The managers are disconnected and foster a sense of lying to their staff. Everyones backs are up when manager or supervisor is around and the place is so much nicer to work on a day when the manager and supervisor and away and the team leads are in charge
Great management lovely staff some good benefits my only problem was not having two days off together.l Would go back to work for the company if the opportunity ever arises
in Transport Management there is a lot of communication between subordinates. everyone in the work place were very friendly and there was no conflict on the job. Computers were essential as it recorded details of costs and payments and what trucks went in and out and transported its goods.
The only thing this company is interested in, is profits and sales figures. How hard you work isn't taken into consideration, so long as the management make their budgets and get their bonuses, the small guy at the bottom of the wrung stays there!
Pros
Cons
No job security
My daily routine involved taking calls, emails and IM's from end users regarding their IT issues and logging them to our Incident Management Suite LANDesk. From there i would respond and help resolve incidents where possible and then escalate calls where it was not possible. The management and co-workers, although very busy and often tough on you, were very helpful and friendly. There was never a fear of asking questions, no matter how stupid it may seem. The hardest part of my job was trying to priorities the overwhelming number of calls that we dealt with during the day. Recognizing which calls were more important than others and finding a way to deal them. I had numerous enjoyable parts of my job, including resolving a tough call and hearing the end users elated response and receiving thanks for them. Also when you have built up a rapport with end users and the ask for you because they trust you.
Pros
Friendly Atmostphere
Cons
no breaks some days. difficult to advance.
A typical day started at 8.30 and finished at 5.30.
I learned how the computer system worked and got my forklift licence while working there.

Management was very helpful anytime I had a question or needed their help with something.
My co workers were nice and helpful.

The hardest part of the job was working in a big yard trying to keep on top of things all the time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and making new friends while working there.
very busy and productive workplace. Everyone got along and management are easy to approach.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Glanbia?
Typically efficient store work. Voice picking controlled most of the daily activities. Quite labour intensive with a huge demand on the body. The Job is quite mundane with advancement being, not an option. However, the team are extremely hard working and enjoyable to work with. The management are fair and quite approachable, they allow for flexibility throughout the working week.
Pros
Good wage with reasonable bonuses
Cons
Tough work
Typical day was 7.30 to 4.30
I gained great experience for my 23 years with Glanbia.

Very good management team to work with.