Glanbia

Glanbia Employee Reviews

Enjoyable job and nice meeting new people everyday.
Van Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterford27 September 2016
I usually done an 8 or 9 hour day , I collected my deliverys in morning around 4.30 and between delivering and driving I worked 8or 9 hours everyday.Manegment and co-workers were nice and I enjoyed meeting the customers.
Pros
If the work was done the boss never really bothered you.
Cons
Driving in all kinds of weather was a challenge sometimes.
Productive and enjoyable
Work Experience Transport Managment (Former Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth25 June 2016
in Transport Management there is a lot of communication between subordinates. everyone in the work place were very friendly and there was no conflict on the job. Computers were essential as it recorded details of costs and payments and what trucks went in and out and transported its goods.
Terrible, no job security
Retail (Current Employee) –  Dublin14 February 2016
The only thing this company is interested in, is profits and sales figures. How hard you work isn't taken into consideration, so long as the management make their budgets and get their bonuses, the small guy at the bottom of the wrung stays there!
Pros
Cons
No job security
Professional workplace, with fun, approachable departments
IT Service Desk - First Line Support (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny, Ireland23 October 2015
My daily routine involved taking calls, emails and IM's from end users regarding their IT issues and logging them to our Incident Management Suite LANDesk. From there i would respond and help resolve incidents where possible and then escalate calls where it was not possible. The management and co-workers, although very busy and often tough on you, were very helpful and friendly. There was never a fear of asking questions, no matter how stupid it may seem. The hardest part of my job was trying to priorities the overwhelming number of calls that we dealt with during the day. Recognizing which calls were more important than others and finding a way to deal them. I had numerous enjoyable parts of my job, including resolving a tough call and hearing the end users elated response and receiving thanks for them. Also when you have built up a rapport with end users and the ask for you because they trust you.
Pros
Friendly Atmostphere
Cons
no breaks some days. difficult to advance.
Nice workplace
Sales & Yard assistant (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, TA15 January 2015
A typical day started at 8.30 and finished at 5.30.
I learned how the computer system worked and got my forklift licence while working there.
Management was very helpful anytime I had a question or needed their help with something.
My co workers were nice and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was working in a big yard trying to keep on top of things all the time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and making new friends while working there.
productive workplace
general operative (Former Employee) –  drogheda15 August 2014
very busy and productive workplace. Everyone got along and management are easy to approach.
Labour intensive
Fork Lift Driver / Picker (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D29 April 2014
Typically efficient store work. Voice picking controlled most of the daily activities. Quite labour intensive with a huge demand on the body. The Job is quite mundane with advancement being, not an option. However, the team are extremely hard working and enjoyable to work with. The management are fair and quite approachable, they allow for flexibility throughout the working week.
Pros
Good wage with reasonable bonuses
Cons
Tough work
Productive and fun workplace
sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 July 2013
To sell and upsell into a designated journey plan.

I learned a lot about the fmcg retail industry.

I learned my administration duties aswell as a good knowledge of the Dublin area.

The managment were very helpful and very professional.

There was a lot of waste managment and administration duties.

Working for a fun out going professional company
Pros
Lunch expenses
Cons
Excellent company to work for
Shift Manager, (Former Employee) –  Tallaght, Dublin4 March 2013
Typical day was 7.30 to 4.30
I gained great experience for my 23 years with Glanbia.
Very good management team to work with.
glanbia
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Inch Gorey Co Wexford29 January 2013
A good place to work for 19 years,working with in a group and working to production orders