GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Found 25 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,569 reviews

Amazing Company

Im a student and was offered a contract with GSK OC , I am a student doing the Pharmaceutical and Manufacturing Operations course. I was offered to do as well as the work experience I gained, a full work contract and I jumped at them experience .

Pros

great canteen

Cons

its real work, Im well able

Back stabbing culture

Horrendous people who deliberately sabotage your every move. Catty women who have a real chip on their shoulder. terrible training course which is mostly self learning at home. No support even when asked for. Deliberate nasty behaviour towards ethnic minorities (not me) Don’t speak or be seen Don’t have an opinion Don’t get anywhere near the trainers

Official response from GlaxoSmithKline

3 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide details regarding your experience. GSK reaffirms its commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation. We encourage you to contact us via our Speak Up channel https://gsk.i-sight.com/landing-page/ to provide more specific information so that we may look further into the concerns that you have expressed.

Competitive with lack of progression

Typical day: 9-5 Learned: Asthma and COPD Clinical Information Management: Poor Culture: Competitive and unsupportive Hardest Part: Relationship with colleagues Enjoyable: Learning Clinical information

10/10 working Environment/facility, Not suitable for people 18-25 as sacrificing weekends at that age can be hard, Good place to work nevertheless

If you are married or have kids its a good place to earn a consistant wage with great benefits if you dont mind shift work. Not suitable for someone just finished school. Ideal for people late 20s onwards. Negative for me was doing shift work as 12hrdays/nights can take its toll on the body both physically and mentally, that is the only concern, other than that its an excellent working environment if you keep the head down and do your work

Brilliant salary,friendly staff,well training

People always help you what ever you need,good experience and high quality company.you get overtime most the time.shift work,good holidays,best salary so far in pharmaceutical sector.

Highly recommend this company

A great company to work for, highly competent staff . A very busy environment especially at month ends. Very approachable managers . I loved working here.

Highly regulated organisation

learned so much on my placement I found a call for my career a production operator was my goal I have followed it by sitting a life science manufacturing course in order to complete my goal to become an operator.

Marketing Executive

GSK is an extremely encouraging company to work for, from senior management down to executive level there is a collaborative team environment. The company encourages self development and provides opportunity to advance.

Pros

work/life balance, self-development, autonomy, collaboration

Friendly environment to work.

GSK is a good company to work for some great people working there.Very friendly working culture.From Line Leaders,Supervisors and Mangers very helpfull always there to help.Really enjoying working there.Typical day is working long side Line Leader keeping components in machine.EHS,Quality checks every hour.

Worked here for 2 years, a great company to work for. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the 12 hour shifts. I learned a lot from the training.

Pros

Good health care and good wages

Great environment to succeed

Great management support but very poor work life balance Expected to be available 24/7 Great colleagues and a super Senior Leadership team Great global team and leadership

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Poor work life balance

Productive and fun workplace

Great company to work for, but unfortunately contract expires on December 2016. With the company recently having been forced into a number of redundancies, there doesn't seem to be a chance of an extension.

Pros

Great company ethos and atmosphere shared amongst all members of staff

Cons

Challenging but enjoyable and good rewards.

I produced powder formulas to make denture cleaning tablets . We had targets and cleaning duties everyday which had to be reached. The management were very approachable and four. The most enjoyable part of job was reaching targets everyday.

Pros

Rewards for reaching targets such as free breakfast or lunches.

Cons

None.

nice people/HR not organised

The place is quality driven, people are very nice. One minus is that because it is a huge company HR is not very well organised. When you are new to the place you might wait for your login and training a long time, even two weeks.

I worked in gsk for 9 months on continental shifts as a production operator in a team envoirnment under strict rules and regulations

production

The team here where i work are always ready to help in any they can.There is a lt of new things to learn and every day is not the same.

Not there long enough to give real view

Started with GSK i Dec at end of follwing January they decided to selling the consumner drnks side of the business so there was so much uncertainity Changed all journies and people , discontinued all local deals so transition was rather ifficult

Pros

Brands

Cons

Sell off of business

Good learning Experience

Got a best place and trained well to do my research in future. People who worked with me is just amazing and learned their perspectives.

great

12 hour shifts with weekend work, learned a great deal about gsk and enjoyed learning, management were friendly, the people i worked with were a great bunch of lads, working weekends was the toughest part but has to be done , meeting new people and learning was the best part of the job

poorly managed company

Worked for stiefel a gsk company in Sligo. Only stayed there 4 weeks... Staff were unfriendly and cold. And management was disgraceful. Never knew who was in charge or who I went to with a problem. Always felt like a few members of staff were always "out to get you"

Pros

great food in canteen

Cons

too many to write

Great place to work for

Great place to work for great atmosphere and team work environment

Pros

Cons

Low wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2