GlaxoSmithKline
Coronavirus update
Information from GlaxoSmithKline:

GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Ireland24 reviews
Im a student and was offered a contract with GSK OC , I am a student doing the Pharmaceutical and Manufacturing Operations course. I was offered to do as well as the work experience I gained, a full work contract and I jumped at them experience .
Pros
great canteen
Cons
its real work, Im well able
Typical day: 9-5
Learned: Asthma and COPD Clinical Information

Management: Poor

Culture: Competitive and unsupportive

Hardest Part: Relationship with colleagues

Enjoyable: Learning Clinical information
If you are married or have kids its a good place to earn a consistant wage with great benefits if you dont mind shift work. Not suitable for someone just finished school. Ideal for people late 20s onwards.
Negative for me was doing shift work as 12hrdays/nights can take its toll on the body both physically and mentally, that is the only concern, other than that its an excellent working environment if you keep the head down and do your work
People always help you what ever you need,good experience and high quality company.you get overtime most the time.shift work,good holidays,best salary so far in pharmaceutical sector.
A great company to work for, highly competent staff . A very busy environment especially at month ends. Very approachable managers . I loved working here.
learned so much on my placement I found a call for my career a production operator was my goal I have followed it by sitting a life science manufacturing course in order to complete my goal to become an operator.
GSK is an extremely encouraging company to work for, from senior management down to executive level there is a collaborative team environment. The company encourages self development and provides opportunity to advance.
Pros
work/life balance, self-development, autonomy, collaboration
GSK is a good company to work for some great people working there.Very friendly working culture.From Line Leaders,Supervisors and Mangers very helpfull always there to help.Really enjoying working there.Typical day is working long side Line Leader keeping components in machine.EHS,Quality checks every hour.
Worked here for 2 years, a great company to work for. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the 12 hour shifts. I learned a lot from the training.
Pros
Good health care and good wages
Cons
Great management support but very poor work life balance
Expected to be available 24/7

Great colleagues and a super Senior Leadership team

Great global team and leadership
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Poor work life balance
Great company to work for, but unfortunately contract expires on December 2016. With the company recently having been forced into a number of redundancies, there doesn't seem to be a chance of an extension.
Pros
Great company ethos and atmosphere shared amongst all members of staff
Cons
I produced powder formulas to make denture cleaning tablets . We had targets and cleaning duties everyday which had to be reached. The management were very approachable and four. The most enjoyable part of job was reaching targets everyday.
Pros
Rewards for reaching targets such as free breakfast or lunches.
Cons
None.
The place is quality driven, people are very nice. One minus is that because it is a huge company HR is not very well organised. When you are new to the place you might wait for your login and training a long time, even two weeks.
I worked in gsk for 9 months on continental shifts as a production operator in a team envoirnment under strict rules and regulations
The team here where i work are always ready to help in any they can.There is a lt of new things to learn and every day is not the same.
Started with GSK i Dec at end of follwing January they decided to selling the consumner drnks side of the business so there was so much uncertainity

Changed all journies and people , discontinued all local deals so transition was rather ifficult
Pros
Brands
Cons
Sell off of business
Got a best place and trained well to do my research in future. People who worked with me is just amazing and learned their perspectives.
12 hour shifts with weekend work, learned a great deal about gsk and enjoyed learning, management were friendly, the people i worked with were a great bunch of lads, working weekends was the toughest part but has to be done , meeting new people and learning was the best part of the job
Worked for stiefel a gsk company in Sligo. Only stayed there 4 weeks... Staff were unfriendly and cold. And management was disgraceful. Never knew who was in charge or who I went to with a problem.
Always felt like a few members of staff were always "out to get you"
Pros
great food in canteen
Cons
too many to write
Great place to work for great atmosphere and team work environment
Pros
Cons
Low wages
selling brands such as Lucozade, Panadol and sensodyne to large Multiple sites

Journey planning

fantastic support structure and training provided

GSK's attention to detail to conform with IMB regulations
Pros
company vehicle, tablet, phone
Cons
big geographic area to represent alot of driving