GlaxoSmithKline
Coronavirus update
Information from GlaxoSmithKline:

GlaxoSmithKline Management reviews

Ireland25 reviews
GSK is an extremely encouraging company to work for, from senior management down to executive level there is a collaborative team environment. The company encourages self development and provides opportunity to advance.
Pros
work/life balance, self-development, autonomy, collaboration
Horrendous people who deliberately sabotage your every move. Catty women who have a real chip on their shoulder. terrible training course which is mostly self learning at home. No support even when asked for. Deliberate nasty behaviour towards ethnic minorities (not me)
Don’t speak or be seen

Don’t have an opinion

Don’t get anywhere near the trainers
Official response from GlaxoSmithKline
3 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide details regarding your experience. GSK reaffirms its commitment to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation. We encourage you to contact us via our Speak Up channel https://gsk.i-sight.com/landing-page/ to provide more specific information so that we may look further into the concerns that you have expressed.
Typical day: 9-5
Learned: Asthma and COPD Clinical Information

Management: Poor
Culture: Competitive and unsupportive
Hardest Part: Relationship with colleagues

Enjoyable: Learning Clinical information
Great management support but very poor work life balance
Expected to be available 24/7
Great colleagues and a super Senior Leadership team

Great global team and leadership
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Poor work life balance
I produced powder formulas to make denture cleaning tablets . We had targets and cleaning duties everyday which had to be reached. The management were very approachable and four. The most enjoyable part of job was reaching targets everyday.
Pros
Rewards for reaching targets such as free breakfast or lunches.
Cons
None.
12 hour shifts with weekend work, learned a great deal about gsk and enjoyed learning, management were friendly, the people i worked with were a great bunch of lads, working weekends was the toughest part but has to be done , meeting new people and learning was the best part of the job
Worked for stiefel a gsk company in Sligo. Only stayed there 4 weeks... Staff were unfriendly and cold. And management was disgraceful. Never knew who was in charge or who I went to with a problem.
Always felt like a few members of staff were always "out to get you"
Pros
great food in canteen
Cons
too many to write
A typical days work invoved liasing with the GSK engineers for meetings prior to the commencement of work. The information conveyed during these meetings was then brought to site asd communicated to the workforce who carried out their duties under the supervision of the engineers. Any measurements or levels were specified and checked with all responsibility for same given to me, the engineer. The hardest part of the job was ensuring the team completed the tasks adequately and efficiently, with the most enjoyable part incorporating the team building ethos I tried to and successfully brought to the project. I felt it was important to liase effectively with both the management and the construction team, always keeping moral and work ethic high.