Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club

Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club Employee Reviews

Training is decent and general staff are very friendly. Management not great and take advantage of staff. Too little notice for the roster and never given weekends or bank holidays off. This was very difficult to plan your normal/social life around. Too much work for one employee due to being understaffed. Not given time and a half for Sundays or Bank holidays and the wage isn't worth the money. Split shifts also a part of the job.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly staff.
Cons
Split shifts, overworked, low wage, weak work/life balance.
Official response from Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club
16 October 2019
Hello,I am glad to hear your feedback on training and staff members. I am sorry to hear you had this experience. We are working with the teams and management to make improvements every day. If you wish to discuss your feedback further, please email me directly on talent@glenroyal.ieBest wishesTalent team
Worked there for nearly 2 years and there was no one day i was applying for different job. The salary is the only decent thing about this property and definitely the only way they have to attract professionals there but as soon you start to work is quick to realize why the turn around of staff is huge. In there your experience doesn't matter to anyone, I've never faced so many complaints, the property is leaded amatorially at the very best, if you are a "yes " person with no goals, proudness and self-respect well this is the place for you but when things going wrong you be pulled in absurd meetings and expect to apologize for something you even didn't do it, you always need to watch your back as there's no team ethic there, I will never forget that Sunday night we was left completely understaffed with over 200 guest in the hotel, that was the most humiliated night of my career and be told the day after that was part of my fault if that happened, the amount of money wasted in silly investments is incredible and produce no result!So if you're a real professional who does love hospitality, proud of your career and has eager for success just choose another property
Pros
some of the staff
Cons
everything else
I am working here 5 years. I work hard. An what you put in. You will get out. I have seen staff come & go over the years. Like all companies. Good Genuine Staff work hard an play hard you will be noticed by the Management & General Manager. If not. It's your call. Staff & Management are very good to work with. I haven't got anything bad to say about this Hotel. I can't see myself leave anytime soon. As I work with good team. I come in each day & do my work & I go home.
Pros
Free Lunchs. Social Events for Staff. Friendly Staff Members.
Cons
What you put. What you will get out.
All l can say working here is like they never appreciate you they only look at you as a worker bad management from top to supervisors....no respect for staff gm and managers living in a fantasy world..
Pros
No breaks
Cons
Long hour's work
They dont stick to their promises at all , was promised a increase in salary after 3 months of work , that never happened , just more responsibilities and no rewards . Cutting down of ours , no staff food , no drinks , even made you pay for cordial drinks . Sunday pay was never given to staff even though it states in the contract . Honestly would not recommend to anybody this place lacks everything.
Pros
Cons
No food or drinks lack of hours, lack of management, lack of respect
Focus more in the actual work not in the budget in every department. For example in the accommodation dept, each week is different and sometimes the work that is being done is worth more than what the hotel is giving us in our budget
I spent 6 1/2 years here and it was a great place to work. My days were always different where it could be dealing with weddings, large functions and conferences. I enjoyed working with all team members.
Pros
Promotion, bonuses, great team
Cons
i made lots of friends working here, but the hotel boss is a micro-manager who is always in your face, and is more interested in image than in doing things right. i was often assigned jobs that were outside my department that i wasn't trained in, and then getting a hard time when they weren't done right, like being assigned work in the leisure centre. manager is more interested in cutting corners and giving you a fake smile than he is in doing things properly. very long days here and total lack of organisation.
Pros
staff are sound
Cons
manager is clueless and only interested in image
The staff working here are lovely but management have absolutely no respect or gratitude for the decent staff. Very large number of staff leaving and new staff starting in a short time, unfair letting go of staff and do not treat their staff well at all. Pay not good for the work load and hours some staff have. It is a pity as most of the staff and guests are lovely but as an employee your just a number, very bad experience working here and witnessed bad experiences for other staff that left or were let go!
A typical day is a 6 or an 8 hour shift. I have learned that presentation and good standards are key to members being happy and content. Management kept a close eye on the leisure club to make sure jobs were getting done and that we remained to keep our personal standards. The culture of the business is to create an environment for people to come in and exercise freely and easily at their own pace. Likewise, if you want to come in for relaxation, the 2 pools and hydrospa area is a relaxing area for members to unwind and switch off. The hardest part of the job wold be to try and keep everybody happy and satisfied however that is very hard but rewarding when a member acknowledges your hard work. the most enjoyable part of the job is giving people their fitness routines and seeing results that make them happy. That is one of the most enjoyable moments to have in an industry like ours.
Pros
free access to the leisure club
Cons
shift work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club?
Great development work. You can learn excellent cutover service and diplomacy. Difficult to organise work life balance because employees are required to work on weekends and till late hours. Great team work but ocassionally can be exhausting. Strongly recommend to anyone who want to progress in customer service.
Pros
Free food, great team environment.
Cons
Weekends & night work, long hours, very limited wages.
I worked in Glenroyal Hotel in the Leisure Centre. I had to clean the machines, make sure that all the free weights were put back on the rack after people had used them, took part in teaching little children how to swim, gave a helping hand up in the aerobics studio room setting & tidying up after the classes, took the pool tests after every hour and made sure that the toilets, showers and the changing rooms were clean.