GLG Employee Reviews

Found 1 review matching the search
I have worked here 2+ years and above all else, have witnessed lack of communication issues through out. It is an environment that does not allow for a "work-life" balance, especially if you are a young parent. To begin, it places young individuals into management roles, who are simply not adequately trained to handle such a workload. This then results in a lack of direction/help for the team, which causes the team to lose their motivation. My experience provided a unique perspective as I was in the minority "parents" group. Being a company that solely hires fresh graduates, a parent is simply not who they are looking to hire. If by chance you happen to be or become one during your tenure at GLG, the return back to work is a dismal one. There is a lack of true effort to on board you back into the team and you are left feeling isolated and at a disadvantage. If you attempt to address issues to upper management, they go into one ear and out through the other. I decided to leave due to the lack of communication I experienced for the direction of my role and the situation I was in ( as a parent) after returning back from my maternity leave. I was told to ( on more than one occasion) be ready to place my child on a hold, if I want to progress in this position. To add to this, my final days after my notice period had begun, the behaviour of the upper management starkly changed. There was no communication with me from any of the Team Leads in regards to my leave, no appropriate announcement to the team/company via the usual mediums. It has been the most disrespected I - more...
Pros
Good job for a new Graudate as it provides basic sales experience
Cons
All is mentioned above.