GlobeTech

GlobeTech Employee Reviews

Very good place to work
Work itself can be a little boring but it is a very nice environment.
People and management are great.

Due to the nature of business, the company depends on having contracts to start or maintain employees.
Bit of a circus
Paid well enough for something that required no previous experience, but the lack of job security as well as intentional misleading of staff in final days of employment, misleading of me personally during interview process when I asked them a direct question which they answered inadequately and inaccurately, and unbelievable difficulty in getting requested days off in advance from management (a single day off booked 6 weeks in advance was denied) means ultimately the job wasn't enjoyable.
Chilled and good conditions
Easy job for qualified serious people, no pressure, not much interest in the mission but good salary conditions for the living area, flexible schedule and understanding HR.
Globetech notation
Correct and friendly
Great environment
Definitely not the best experience i had in my career
I have been working for globetech for about 2 months. My job consisted in reading different datas and grade them based on specific guidelines and I had goal target to reach every week. The best part was that day when I arrived to check in as usual in the morning and leave to check out in the evening and being fired without any notice. It was already a year ago but I can say we had 3 managers who were in charge of my team and none of them were skilled for the job they were not organised, not communicating clearly with us and not even aware of the work we were doing. Except if you provide the results expected they will just treat you like a “number” a “stat” not even worrying about the person you are behind this. The manager and the RH who fired me clearly said so “We don’t need to know what you are doing we are just looking at you result” or even better “we need people who succeed not people who fail”. The perfect sentence you need and you want to hear during such a day. Anyway that’s just my personal experience and some people might think it’s the perfect company to work for. I am not complaining about the fact I have been fired I am pointing the way they did it. Just giving you short time of extra training to reach your target only for them to say afterward “you can’t complain we’ve been supportive we gave you a try” and being blurry about the fact they gonna dismiss you or not. So I am not recommending this company at all and above all the job is not interesting at all the only “positive aspects” are the wages, the flexible hours, the Christmas holidays (2 weeks) and the - more...
Good people around you, terrible managment
i could not express such a disappointment in the management. You are nothing but a replaceable number. They have zero care about you, and will discard you at any opportunity. I moved from Australia to Ireland for this job, and it made my moving very difficult because management is a joke.

The staff I worked with were amazing, and I made life long friends from it. If the management were nicer, this would be a good job,

Tasks are mind numbing- but easy work for good pay.
Great Culture
I had a wonderful time working at Globetech i met some great people and the company overall was a very good employer to me.

Great work environment, with flexitime.
Will try to screw you over
The good things: multicultural work environment, easy work for good pay
The bad things: management treats you like a child and has barely any management skills, constant fear of losing your job, HR will lie to your face and continue to do so after being caught lying several times, best thing happened during recent lay off: everyone I talked to had wrong paychecks and funnily enough they were all wrong in the same way. Payroll will try to screw you over if they can. Avoid it if you can, if you can't, find something else REALLY quick
Bad, Bad, Bad
For a simple work, it is a very stressful environment because you are always relying on accuracy reports.
A massive lay off situation with no support from the company. They did not pay as they said they would leaving former employees hanging in a bad situation. Very uncomfortable and unreliable employer. Not trustworthy at all. Direct managers were great though, but couldn't do much besides dealing with daily problems.
I'd recommend avoiding this company
Communication and training are non existent from the start. Recent mass layoff in the Cork office saw employees provided with appallingly inaccurate information about immigration and permit status if they were non EU. Very unprofessional. Workers treated like numbers and not as people during a very difficult time.
Nice place to work but little job security
Nice workplace atmosphere, with a good balance between being relaxed and professional. Easy to plan life around work thanks to set schedule (8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday) and consistent wages. However, work was contracted and therefore time-limited, making it unsuitable for those seeking to secure long-term employment. Work was also very repetitive, making it sometimes difficult to concentrate later on in the day.
Pros
Good wages, nice working environment.
Cons
No catering and limited access to restaurants/shop.
Regular
It’s a normal place to work. Regular people are the predominant group there and the atmosphere is temperate. Work there us calm and it has normal variation.
Dinâmico e animado
Meus colegas de trabalho são multiculturais e muito gentis. A empresa oferece ótimas ferramentas de trabalho. Ás vezes, o trabalho é entediante, mas ao mesmo tempo é legal porque tem que bate meta.
Great atmosphere
It was great time working as a team member with a worldwide colleges environment and to have the opportunity to work with a big technology company in Apple HQ
No opportunity for career advancement. Management does not care about staff
There is little to no opportunity for career advancement. The managers treat staff like naughty children. You will never be noticed for hard work or extra hours.
Managers do not bother to get to know individuals.

Colleagues are wonderful.
Nice place to Work
This is a nice place to work, great mix of culture and very friendly people. Management are very helpful and friendly. The work can be a bit boring, but is very suitable for a short term contract. Pay and conditions are excellent.
Pros
Good pay, modern office space, friendly colleagues
Cons
Repetitive work
The company was the worst company I ever worked for
The training was very poor and when you ask questions , you were made to feel stupid.
They have a very high turnover of staff.

The managamnet had zero managment skills.

On termination of contract i had to ring on several occasions for my entitlements.
Great to Work for
The Contracts are pretty short but you are made aware of that before you start. The money is very good for the work. Very Multi Cultured which is always good.
Pros
Free Tea & Coffee. No weekend work
Cons
Location, Short Contracts
Very bad experience
It is an example of companies taking advantage of people, globetech outsourced employees to third party companies, so employees didn't have any security, no bonuses, no proper promotions or reviews, you could be working there for years on the same payment and then they might ask you to leave at some point. This kind of business model is a loophole in the system is shouldn't be legal.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no recognition, no security, low pay
Good for a short period
Yeah it was ok working there, but recruitment was not focused enough, and so I worked with some undesirables. Training was very poor. And the nature of the work was very monotoneous
Pros
Could take breaks at regular intervals
Cons
Early start
Terrible
HR will lie to your face, managers bully people and promote whoever they like, no job progression, constant insecurity, there is no natural light in the work place, constant threat of being fired, the contracts are fixes term
Pros
No pros
Cons
Bad atmosphere, fixed term contracts
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlobeTech. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4