Gloria Jean's Coffees

Gloria Jean's Coffees Employee Reviews

Requirment
Very busy company therefore team work skills and ability to work by yourself was essential. A vast selection of coffee specialties so there is quite a lot of learning to do. Various cleaning jobs too. Great job to really enhance your customer service skills.
Awful environment, slave job
No contract (just verbal agreement regarding working hours, salary, etc), no breaks whatsoever (even working full time). Owner is rude and disrespectful. Managers are brain washed monkeys, they provide poor training and then they pretend you to be in charge of everything. The hygiene of the place is disgusting (they wash the mop rag and the coffee machine towels together), they leave the milk outside the freezer for hours, food is not fresh. Minimun wage for doing everything: from operating the till, to making the drinks, groseries shopping and cleaning the toilets.
Worst place to work 2016
Possibly the worst place to work. Working with the other baristas was the only upside, management was terrible , rarely got a full break as you'd have to be at another store before your break was over. Hardest part of the job? long working days, lack of regard for hygiene, not being paid after 6.30 although it would take until 7pm to close the shops, rosters were only made sundays. The owner used fear as a power tactic.
Pros
Genuine nice baristas
Cons
Having to pay for lunch
Busy workplace
I would usually arrive at work early in the morning where I'd get my breakfast there and I'll be ready for my day. I would take customers orders, clean tables, make coffee, and ensure that the customer was happy with there order.
Pros
Free breakfast/lunch
Cons
Long hours - some days 7am to 7pm
productive, busy, energetic enviroment
productive, busy, energetic environment. lovely drinks, vibrant atmosphere. very busy, especially in autumn, before Christmas getting crazy there. the hardest in this job is to learn all the recipes of the drinks at the beginning of work, after that work is quiet simple and hard in the same time because of amount of customers, there's a lot o cleaning going on as well.
Pros
free coffee