They state that they have a Mission of helping the less fortunate and untrained homeless and/or those that have taken the wrong turns in life. As a mid-Manager, I would expect the support of upper Management in achieving this with such a diverse group of people.
But that does not happen. They cater to these individuals who expect to be coddled, catered too, and excused from having to do the work that the others due. These individuals run the "POD", complaining that their Manager is being mean or asking them to do this or that. What happens, it that it creates a "Hostile" environment because you as a Manager, have 90% of your Team working their backsides off for very little pay in a hot, uncooled warehouse, while that remaining 10% can coast through because POD is saying "you poor Baby, we'll take care of it".
Upper Management and the POD department create that environment, but when the pressure gets put on the, they find a Fall Guy and Exit them.
It's a culture they encourage, thats why mid management does not last long there. In the 3.5 years I was there, I've watched so many changes in mid-management it'd make your head spin. There are some great Team Members there and it's a shame on how they are treated. Just short of a sweat shop. No compensation for the work they do under the conditions that they work in daily.
Really cannot find any