Google Employee Reviews

Long working hours, on the upside, great on your resume
Account Strategist SMB Sales (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 August 2018
I had my first job out of college here, and even though the offices are amazing, with all the perks you could ever want or expect, you work so much that this is basically no need for it, as me and most people in my team were working closer to 50-60 hours a lot of weeks than the 45 originally suggested in the contract.

I feel that Google, at least in Dublin has a unhealthy culture. This is down to the expectation of working large amounts of unpaid overtime, very sharp elbows and strange management styles. I feel that the overarching sentiment from management at least in my team was leadership by fear. It always also seemed very political, in the way that who you knew and how well you know them was always more important than what you actually did.

There are positives though, I will always be happy to have Google on my resume, it is seen as a sign of quality for future employers.
Pros
Free lunches, Great on your resume
Cons
Long hours, leadership by fear, sharp elbows
Sehr gute Erfahrung
Content reviewer (Former Employee) –  County Dublin23 August 2018
Ich war mit meiner Zeit bei Google sehr zufrieden.
Decent Place To Learn
Dutch Speaking Marketing Strategist (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 July 2018
Had a great time there working on the Dutch PPC team, great culture, great work/life balance. Opportunities for advancement are very achievable. Most enjoyable part of the job was hitting target. Hardest part of the job was deciding where to have lunch!
Innovative, impressive and motivating work place
Advertising associate - Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 July 2018
By far Google is one of the best places to work for, they bring equality
to reality, they care about their employees, they take the time to conduct training sessions that are beneficial to your career progression and they genuinely care about their customers which makes it one fantastic place to work for. The only thing is you may need to work long hours at times.
The perfect place to seek diversity
Agency Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin27 June 2018
At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Fun Place To work
Classification Quality Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Dublin19 June 2018
Good Place to work and we can learn new things. Corporate culture is very nice and people are very friendly.
we don't have to fear to share new ideas regarding work
Online specialst
Google Online Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 June 2018
I worked as a contractor less than a year

Pros

Good training provided

Free snacks

Cons

No career path

No job security

Too many performace metris
creative environment productive and professional work place
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dublin22 May 2018
Since when I started working in different projects for Google I had the opportunity to learn many things related to Marketing and Digital. The dynamic and creative environment gave me the chance to grow a lot in terms of self motivation to learn new things and in terms of self management, thanks to this I developed a 'get things done' attitude and to be more productive in my work place.
Fantastic Work Place
Client Manager & Strategist (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 May 2018
Absolutely fun place to learn and work.

I've worked with some of the most amazing talent and have had the privilege to move across markets and countries, learning every day.
Google Ireland
New Business Account Manager - SMB (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 May 2018
Good experience, the company looks after you fabulously but the environment is highly competitive especially in the Sales team. Great perks available as well as team management.
Great company to work at.
Inside Sales Representative (EMEA) (Current Employee) –  Dublin2 May 2018
Google is an amazing company to work at. The work/balance is is unreal, and the perks are very good. However, certain parts of the company are becoming corporate as they get bigger, and are beginning to lose the traditional Google mentality that people are used to.
Best company culture, job is not always the best one
YouTube Partner Operations & Account Strategist (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 April 2018
The best company I've worked for in terms of company culture, inspiring people, innovating things that have an impact on society.
Cons are "imposter syndrome" you might face when working with people from best universities, best families, etc. and the fact that career progression is quite hard and entry-level jobs are not that amazing.
Toffe collega's & job, veel in eigen handen
Accountmanager (Current Employee) –  Dublin30 April 2018
Het werk bevalt, maar de HR die niet on site is heeft al vaak voor knelpunten gezorgd. Directe managers zijn van top kwaliteit en geven om hun teamleden, jammer dat de bedrijfstop dit niet reflecteert. De job zelf is tof om te doen, dagelijkse contact met bedrijven uit Nederland is top.
Pros
Open sfeer op de werkvloer
Cons
Bedrijfstop is nergens te bespeuren
Great workplace/ High KPI's
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 April 2018
A typical day was sitting at my desk, consulting clients over the phone and learning more about Google.

I learned how to create websites and run PPC campaigns.

The management structure was great. Very nice team leaders and managers.

The most enjoyable part was being part of such a great organisation that holds fantastic technological values. Google was the pinnacle of my now flourishing career.
Pros
Loads of snack.. too many snacks..All. The. Time.
Cons
Really high KPI's even though they caused me become a better person
Good place
Vendor Sales Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 March 2018
Nice environment for Googlers and vendors who have the opportunity to work inside google buildings. It's a good place with many side benefits. Enjoy if can go there.
Great place to work provided your full time
Web Tehcnical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin13 March 2018
I have enjoyed my time at Google.

I have been working in Google for almost two years. The experience has been really fulfilling for me and I've worked with some truly amazing people. OPG is a great org inside Google and they have a great sense of community which is hard to achieve with all the different backgrounds people come from.

Biggest downside is the way contractors (TVCs) are treated, there is a clear division between the full time and part time roles.

Thank being said the right attitude will take you a long way.
Pros
Free lunches, and events
Cons
Poor team dynamics between FTEs and TVCs
Fun but intense and very competitive with constant unnecessary stress
International Growth consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 February 2018
I spent 2 years at Google and was very happy to leave it.
Great learning experience and perks but the culture wasn't like anything I had heard about Google; no (or fake) team spirit, people using "feedback" to back stab their colleagues, at some point 4 people in my team were on sick leave for burning out and nothing was done to address the issue. I have no regrets for working there, but even less for leaving.
Pros
Perks and prestigious line on CV
Cons
stress and competition
Great Place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin4 February 2018
As I mentioned in the title, Google is an amazing place to work.
Only one reason I have decided to change my job is that I do not to work as a vendor anymore in my career.
Not recommended
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  County Dublin9 January 2018
it is a good entry level job, once you finish college. other then that I would not recommend it
Fun workplace
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 January 2018
No typical day at work everyday something new. The atmosphere was always good everyone willing to help everyone. hard thing was the new updates every once a month. The best part of the job was getting to know people you working with as everyone was from a different background.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Consent new updates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3