Google Employee Reviews

Found 110 reviews matching the search See all 2,716 reviews
Great pay and perks, yet more and more corporate
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 September 2018
Google is a great place for work - fun environment, smart and ambitious colleagues, global brand and some of the best perks of the market. Yet, I've never seem so many frustrated people around. Once you step in, you almost immediately enter the promotion race (even if that wasn't on your mind originally). And once you are in that race, you are bound to get disappointed.

If you start off on senior manager/director level, things might look differently for you. But for majority of Google Dublin's staff, this is how it goes.
Pros
Medical insurance, pension compensation, free food, free gym, transport allowance and many more
Cons
Some middle managers are completely out of tune, lack of transparency
Productive and fun work place
Customer​ ​Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Dublin26 September 2018
Everything is good, job itself, atmosphere, colleagues, work conditions. But contract will expired soon and I would like more salary and wider responsibility.
Pros
Free launches
Cons
Long working hours, on the upside, great on your resume
Account Strategist SMB Sales (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 August 2018
I had my first job out of college here, and even though the offices are amazing, with all the perks you could ever want or expect, you work so much that this is basically no need for it, as me and most people in my team were working closer to 50-60 hours a lot of weeks than the 45 originally suggested in the contract.

I feel that Google, at least in Dublin has a unhealthy culture. This is down to the expectation of working large amounts of unpaid overtime, very sharp elbows and strange management styles. I feel that the overarching sentiment from management at least in my team was leadership by fear. It always also seemed very political, in the way that who you knew and how well you know them was always more important than what you actually did.

There are positives though, I will always be happy to have Google on my resume, it is seen as a sign of quality for future employers.
Pros
Free lunches, Great on your resume
Cons
Long hours, leadership by fear, sharp elbows
It is one of the Great Place to work
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 October 2018
I had been working on FTC for 6 month through recruitment agency.

Friendly environment, open mind culture, supportive management allowing employee to have fun at work and do their best.

I would recommend the company as one of the Great Place to work.
Pros
Good remuneration
Decent Place To Learn
Dutch Speaking Marketing Strategist (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 July 2018
Had a great time there working on the Dutch PPC team, great culture, great work/life balance. Opportunities for advancement are very achievable. Most enjoyable part of the job was hitting target. Hardest part of the job was deciding where to have lunch!
Innovative, impressive and motivating work place
Advertising associate - Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 July 2018
By far Google is one of the best places to work for, they bring equality
to reality, they care about their employees, they take the time to conduct training sessions that are beneficial to your career progression and they genuinely care about their customers which makes it one fantastic place to work for. The only thing is you may need to work long hours at times.
Great work environment
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 October 2018
Great perks and a good learning experience for the young and old. Contractors on site (Barrow Street) are treated equally! (Offsite, East Point, not the same case!) Employees are encouraged to take breaks, which eases daily stress. Onsite gym and food made life a lot easier, but these perks also had people staying at work longer. Some don't mind this at all, as long as you're not burning yourself out! Overall, it was a wonderful experience and if there was room to move up in my field, I would have stayed.
Pros
Free food; breaks are encouraged; motivation all around you.
Cons
In the facilities sector, no space to move up.
Good place
Vendor Sales Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 March 2018
Nice environment for Googlers and vendors who have the opportunity to work inside google buildings. It's a good place with many side benefits. Enjoy if can go there.
Focused, team orientated dynamic
Logistics Planner/Coordinator EMEA (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 July 2018
Planning logistical support for Streetview Equipment in EMEA region and globally.

Look at the bigger picture. Achieve deliverables through flexibility and agility.

Workplace culture is one of close relationships with internal/external stakeholders.

Focus on continuous improvement + innovation in processes.

Working for Google Maps and knowing that my personal contribution is in each and every pixel is incredibly motivating.
Pros
Opportunity to work on some of the biggest projects globally
Cons
Contract for 23 months. Policy of outsourcing of staff.
Great workplace/ High KPI's
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 April 2018
A typical day was sitting at my desk, consulting clients over the phone and learning more about Google.

I learned how to create websites and run PPC campaigns.

The management structure was great. Very nice team leaders and managers.

The most enjoyable part was being part of such a great organisation that holds fantastic technological values. Google was the pinnacle of my now flourishing career.
Pros
Loads of snack.. too many snacks..All. The. Time.
Cons
Really high KPI's even though they caused me become a better person

Want to know more about Google?

Ask a question
Best company culture, job is not always the best one
YouTube Partner Operations & Account Strategist (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 April 2018
The best company I've worked for in terms of company culture, inspiring people, innovating things that have an impact on society.
Cons are "imposter syndrome" you might face when working with people from best universities, best families, etc. and the fact that career progression is quite hard and entry-level jobs are not that amazing.
Ambiente lavorativo stimolante e sfidante
Account Manager and Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublino, Irlanda28 November 2018
Google è come la descrivono un ambiente informale dove viene data l'opportunità di crescere a ragazzi molto giovani. L'abiente è stimolante ma allo stesso tempo richiede molto impegno. La concorrenza è tanta e i colleghi sono molto ambiziosi.
Cons
managament
creative environment productive and professional work place
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dublin22 May 2018
Since when I started working in different projects for Google I had the opportunity to learn many things related to Marketing and Digital. The dynamic and creative environment gave me the chance to grow a lot in terms of self motivation to learn new things and in terms of self management, thanks to this I developed a 'get things done' attitude and to be more productive in my work place.
It's a great place to work for
Content Review (Former Employee) –  Asia square tower11 June 2017
This is an ideal place to work. If I wouldn't have gone back to Vietnam for family reasons, I would love to stay here to work.

- My typical day is to review the content of the ads appeared in the websites which contain owner ads to see if there are any violations to our T&C and will rate the content accordingly. I have to maintain 95-100% of accuracy. Failing to do so, we have to redo again and again till the quality meets.
- In terms of culture, I would say it's vibrant and active. However, everyone seemed to be too focus into works that they tend to forget what's going on with other colleagues.
- The most enjoyable part is needless to say, food, and facilities - of the world class employers :)
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Cross culture activities
Google Ireland
New Business Account Manager - SMB (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 May 2018
Good experience, the company looks after you fabulously but the environment is highly competitive especially in the Sales team. Great perks available as well as team management.
great working enviroment
content reviewer (Former Employee) –  dublin8 November 2018
great working enviroment and work stability, great managment , over all job title is great, great company to work for, makes you feel valuable and they treat you good
Ever changing workplace
Trust and Safety Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 November 2017
Google is a very big company, which in some ways can actually feel like several different companies working together. Change is a constant in the workplace and benefits are great.
Productive, Innovative and Fun workplace
Program Lead, Trust and Safety (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 July 2016
Overall a Productive, Innovative and Fun workplace. That said, the intense competition between the extremely intelligent and competitive environment between colleagues can get intense at times with people resorting to pull in long hours sometimes just to try and get ahead

The company multiple ongoing trainings to benefit their employees both professionally and personally. There is more than enough opportunities for employees to pursue their interests/pet projects and to give to the community.

Compensation is competitive. Between salary packages, bonuses, stock refreshers and the various facilities on campus (think- sleep pods, free meals and unlimited snacks) comfortably put the company among the market leaders in a group of its peers
Pros
Free food and misc. perks :)
Cons
Work can get stressful at times and employees might be putting in few days of long work hours
Good entry level position,
Google Advert Content Analysis + Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Dublin14 June 2017
Competitive Salary
Good career opportunities
Great colleagues
Interesting career availability
Good job to start building your experience for getting on the job market
Very Detailed Training
Pros
Competitive Salary Good career opportunities Great colleagues Interesting career availability
Cons
Management is a mess, Repetitive Tasks
Online specialst
Google Online Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 June 2018
I worked as a contractor less than a year

Pros

Good training provided

Free snacks

Cons

No career path

No job security

Too many performace metris

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Google. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3