Gorta Self Help Africa Employee Reviews

Fun place to worl learned a lot of Custer sevice
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liffey st Dublin 15 September 2019
Good volunteer experience worked with others very well got treated night with the in shelbourne park. Met new people who were students from other countries
friendly and efficient
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Skibbereen, County Cork5 January 2018
the shop was well organised and efficient everyone working there was very friendly and it made it a very enjoyable experience to work there. customers left the shop extremely satisfied
Fun work place
FinanceAssistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin2 November 2017
- the culture of my current working place is very relaxed, this is most enjoyable part of the job.
- the management team are helpful, always give hand for your query.
-the hardest part is not the job , it was the opportunity of learning.
Pros
LAYA Health insurance
Cons
lack of opportunity of developing
Volunteer
Volunteer - Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 August 2017
The work was volunteer, but I could have an experience of what it's like to work in another country with people from different places. Understand how a charity shop works, receive products, separate, identify what is good and what is not.
The work is quiet, need to keep the store clean, when has donation separate what goes into store, put labels with prices and sizes, etc.
Productive and singular experience
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin15 June 2017
Being part of a project whose goal is to help people in Africa is enriching. And I have had the opportunity to get in touch with the local Irish culture and learn how to work with Dublin customers.
Productive and fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Laoise, County Laois8 June 2017
Productive and fun workplace .I would come in at 9, go out the back go trough all the new stock and put everything new out of the shelves, i would then go trough all the dividers on the shelves and replace the broken ones with new ones, then go trough the make up draws and sort them out, put new things out and throw out all the stock people couldn't buy, my co-workers were very helpful, the hardest part of the job was pulling all the stuff on the shelves forward it was very tiring and took a lot of time, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning new things
Pros
really quiet environment
Cons
no lunch hours
High quality customer service.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin24 May 2017
Sales assistent, floor staff, waitress, chef assistant, kitchen porter, cleaner or housekeeper.
A position that demands teamwork in a fast-paced environment and high quality customer service.
Rewarding and productive work place
Donor Care & Database Executive (Current Employee) –  Dublin13 April 2017
Busy, productive and a fun place to work. Management are open and diverse in their management style. The hardest part of the job is trying to portray the impact of its work to the public.
The most enjoyable part of the job has been working has a team to solve isssues has they arise.
Pros
Health Insurance & flexible hours
Cons
5 hours of traveling
Volunteer Job
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Cork14 November 2016
Volunteer job in Gorta second hand store in Cork City. There I help with customer service, clarify doubts, cleaning the store, organize the stock and floor.
Comfortable and productive workplace
Volunteer (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Cork3 November 2016
Gorta is a excellent workplace to learn and develop skills. There are nice co-workers and they always help us when we need. The manager is very sympathetic.
Environnement de travail agréable
Stagiaire dans une association caritative (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 October 2016
Expérience enrichissante de part son caractère cosmopolite
Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Cork2 May 2016
Gorta is a charity shop that with profits help Africa I volunteer there because help is a noble action and I can improve my English.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Dublin9 January 2016
Keeping the shop organized, clean and tidy at all times, putting labels with price in new clothes received donation and working on a cash register.
Trabalho bem feito
Voluntário (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D22 October 2015
A empresa faz um belo trabalho em Dublin.
O bazar é um tipo muito comum de comercio na Irlanda.
Eles recebem as doações, checam e vendem novamente.Essa é a rotina da loja. Eles também recebem voluntários do mundo toda para
ajudar a melhorar o inglês. Parte dos fins lucrativos da empresa também são destinados ao combate da fome na Africa.
Pros
Oportunidades
Cons
Visão de mercado
Productive and Charity
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D30 September 2015
Gorta Shop its Fastastic! I am volunteer. There I learned cleaning and organizing the shop and sometimes customer services. Its very important job because I help africa's people with my work.
Productive and fun
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D1 - capel street22 May 2015
Nice place to work and learn as a volunteer. Very rewarding since you know you helping people. Very nice Co - workers. Dealing with al kinds o people during the day, receiving donations, sorting clothes, organising the shop, cleaning and maintenence, stock assisting. Dealing face to face with costumers as an attendant and cashier.
Fun work place and learn about cultures.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D24 March 2015
During my week different tasks such as setting up inventory, handle cash, help customers every day have some of different nationalities co-worker, it helps me a lot to learn about different cultures, my manager about it and a very private person, however offers many opportunities for those who want to help.
Pros
Learn about cultures
Cons
Don t get money.
Interesting, fun and easy going workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Cork19 August 2012
I have learned a lot about people skills from working here, as I can now work on a till, help people with queries about the shop and organise donations that come into the shop.