Gorta Self Help Africa

Gorta Self Help Africa Employee Reviews

Ireland21 reviews
A lovely place with adorable peoples. Is very funny work there, I always want to be a volunteer, It's a good opportunity and good for my English. Was fantastic
Fun Workplace Good Cause very entertaining good people the most enjoyable part is it was for a good cause the hardest part was it was very dusty and not very clean
Pros
Charity
Cons
Dusty
It is not a busy shop as it is a charity shop but u will always find something to do there.When making a sale i find the best way to make a customer buy more is if u show them what u think would suit them, tell them what colour suits them, what style is in. This always makes a customer want to buy an object that extra bit more once they hear someone else's opinion i find.
Good volunteer experience worked with others very well got treated night with the in shelbourne park. Met new people who were students from other countries
the shop was well organised and efficient everyone working there was very friendly and it made it a very enjoyable experience to work there. customers left the shop extremely satisfied
- the culture of my current working place is very relaxed, this is most enjoyable part of the job.
- the management team are helpful, always give hand for your query.

-the hardest part is not the job , it was the opportunity of learning.
Pros
LAYA Health insurance
Cons
lack of opportunity of developing
The work was volunteer, but I could have an experience of what it's like to work in another country with people from different places. Understand how a charity shop works, receive products, separate, identify what is good and what is not.
The work is quiet, need to keep the store clean, when has donation separate what goes into store, put labels with prices and sizes, etc.
Being part of a project whose goal is to help people in Africa is enriching. And I have had the opportunity to get in touch with the local Irish culture and learn how to work with Dublin customers.
Productive and fun workplace .I would come in at 9, go out the back go trough all the new stock and put everything new out of the shelves, i would then go trough all the dividers on the shelves and replace the broken ones with new ones, then go trough the make up draws and sort them out, put new things out and throw out all the stock people couldn't buy, my co-workers were very helpful, the hardest part of the job was pulling all the stuff on the shelves forward it was very tiring and took a lot of time, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning new things
Pros
really quiet environment
Cons
no lunch hours
Sales assistent, floor staff, waitress, chef assistant, kitchen porter, cleaner or housekeeper.
A position that demands teamwork in a fast-paced environment and high quality customer service.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gorta Self Help Africa?
Busy, productive and a fun place to work. Management are open and diverse in their management style. The hardest part of the job is trying to portray the impact of its work to the public.
The most enjoyable part of the job has been working has a team to solve isssues has they arise.
Pros
Health Insurance & flexible hours
Cons
5 hours of traveling
Volunteer job in Gorta second hand store in Cork City. There I help with customer service, clarify doubts, cleaning the store, organize the stock and floor.
Gorta is a excellent workplace to learn and develop skills. There are nice co-workers and they always help us when we need. The manager is very sympathetic.
Expérience enrichissante de part son caractère cosmopolite
Gorta is a charity shop that with profits help Africa I volunteer there because help is a noble action and I can improve my English.

Keeping the shop organized, clean and tidy at all times, putting labels with price in new clothes received donation and working on a cash register.
A empresa faz um belo trabalho em Dublin.
O bazar é um tipo muito comum de comercio na Irlanda.

Eles recebem as doações, checam e vendem novamente.Essa é a rotina da loja. Eles também recebem voluntários do mundo toda para

ajudar a melhorar o inglês. Parte dos fins lucrativos da empresa também são destinados ao combate da fome na Africa.
Pros
Oportunidades
Cons
Visão de mercado
Gorta Shop its Fastastic! I am volunteer. There I learned cleaning and organizing the shop and sometimes customer services. Its very important job because I help africa's people with my work.
Nice place to work and learn as a volunteer. Very rewarding since you know you helping people. Very nice Co - workers. Dealing with al kinds o people during the day, receiving donations, sorting clothes, organising the shop, cleaning and maintenence, stock assisting. Dealing face to face with costumers as an attendant and cashier.
During my week different tasks such as setting up inventory, handle cash, help customers every day have some of different nationalities co-worker, it helps me a lot to learn about different cultures, my manager about it and a very private person, however offers many opportunities for those who want to help.
Pros
Learn about cultures
Cons
Don t get money.
I have learned a lot about people skills from working here, as I can now work on a till, help people with queries about the shop and organise donations that come into the shop.