Grafton Recruitment

Grafton Recruitment Employee Reviews

Ireland15 reviews
I have enjoyed working on cars and motorcycles for over 30 years, and I have restored a couple of classic cars.

This was a job to support me through a degree course, and bicycles are easy to repair.
Pros
Paid my way through UCD
Cons
Low wage
Management were absolutely useless, most weeks I didn't get paid and when I did get paid, it was usually under what I was owed. I only worked a Saturday so this was just unacceptable, DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!
Would not recommend it,I worked for them for 6 months,wages were wrong 12 different weeks,all I ever was told was oh we'll put the money in next week. They dont care that people have bills to pay or kids to feed. You can never be sure if you will be paid in full or not. Absolute disgrace.the manager is useless,he can never admit that the wrong payments are down to him,always somebody else's fault. So unprofessional.
Since being transferred to this company, imagine 6 weeks, 6 STRAIGHT WEEKS of them messing up!
Pay day? Never consistent with what time the money is in!

I don't know how bad you have to be in order to keep screwing up for 6 straight weeks?

I don't even know how these people still have jobs when they cant even do it properly. Maybe management needs to take a serious look at their people in the higher department, because its causing a lot of unnecessary stress to people who are being employed by them. It's also bringing the moral down of the workers knowing it's going to be another week, another week for grafton to find something to messed up with.

Best Agency Ever. If only I could give 0 star, I would!
Grafton does not care about it's temp agency workers. Once you are hired you are forgotten about and they just pick up half of your pay. Calls are rarely returned by the recruiters and if so they ask the receptionist or admin to do. The branch manager who hired me didn't even have the courtesy to call me back when I finally handed in my notice, despite having made them a very large sum of money. Grafton are widely used by the company I worked for and agency workers used by them are nearly always disgruntled.
they do not care about employees, you're just a number for them, an employer with only a profit for yourself ,work on the phone without a contract they call when they want 2-3 hours before work
Pros
nothing
Cons
Stir clear is all I wil say office staff are a nightmare to deal with they are only interested in the client not the staff
They are a company I will never advise anyone'.to get.involved with

When you ask for a payslip and your told you are been threatening says it all !!!!!
Cons
Good work place where to start.
Minimum knowledge required at start.

English is required in conversation level.

Full training provided.

Good manegment.
Pros
Free information provided
Cons
Long hours provided
Good company, got bankrupt. Good work Hours max 10 hours per shift. Good management and job culture. salary and all benefits was on time, Able to choice work shifts
This is a really good place for job for people like me , which change country living . Its good , high workplace culture.I can learned teamwork and how to work safety.
Wage was good - as I'm 19, my wage had to be 6.49 euros per hour, but they paid 9.25 per hour. Huge plus for them for that.
BUT, management was just terrible, I had to contact with Revenue to get documents like P60, they didn't want to send them. And they included only this years tax (I didn't work there on that time already), so I count that document as fake. Lied about time when documents will be ready.
Pros
Paid more than I had to receive per hour, had all breaks, I started to work in next day after registering with them
Cons
Physically hard work for muscles, spine
I have enjoyed work with the staff there as I have found them very helpful and friendly.

I have worked for 3 different company's while with Grafton and I am currently back temping at one of the company's.
Applied for Lending Officer role based with Ulster Bank in Galway. Interviewed with Business Direct manager for same specified role as per job description. Discussed lending criteria as part of interview, debt to income and lending authority. Manager advised she would decide where I was placed within the "Lending Team". Day one I was placed in a Portfolio Officer role which was clearly a basic administration role and nothing to do with lending. More of a 'hamster on a wheel' exercise in paper processing. When queried the manager advised we did not discuss any particular role?? Other employees experienced the same that the job they applied for was not the job they were assigned with no recourse to query. More of a 'how dare you query' attitude. Upon exit interview my direct manager advised that the role of Portfilio Officer was more of an "administration role for school leavers or people with no banking experience" yet they placed someone with nearly 12 years 'lending' experience in this role, that was clearly not the role they applied for and wonder why they are leaving? Grafton Recruitment were not aware I was being placed in a different role until advised. When contacted, they too were completely mislead by the bank as to the role I would be doing. Contract not worth the paper it was written on. Complete lack of integrity on the banks part and no consideration for impact on the individual. Overall not a very good experience with Ulster Bank.
Pros
Cons
See review
Grafton is a recruitment agency so I do not actually work there. I work in a Penneys warehouse in Newbridge. I don't like working here because I started to work for Grafton over 3 months ago and I have only worked 9 days. The staff in Grafton are very nice and helpful however I still wish to find another job that is full time and where there is room for advancing.
Pros
Staff are helpful, very good canteen
Cons
No hours
I have gained so much additional experience over the past nine months working with different companies, I adapted very quickly to the use of so many systems and working in very different environments, meeting so many new people, working as a team and working on my own initiative.