Grant Thornton Employee Reviews

Found 18 reviews matching the search See all 1,219 reviews
Vulture enablers
Plant Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cork17 November 2019
Just chase their fees. No compassion nor understanding of the stress the financial recession placed on people. Full of young pups chasing credit. Not my type of company but synonomous of modern financial companies
Worst place ever worked i
Financial Associate (Current Employee) –  Cork25 September 2019
Manager was a bully from my first day there
Heavy workload
Horrible environment wouldn't recommend to any one
So glad not to be working there
Pros
Good perks
Cons
Terrible enviroment long hours
Strong Consultancy environment
Finance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 September 2019
Thoroughly recommend this firm where most areas of business consultancy are catered for. Many diverse clientele guaranteed to give you strong exposure to various business types.
Productive and collaborative workplace
Internship program in Audit and Pensions (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 September 2019
As part of the Audit and Assurance team, I got to grips with a wide range of industries, from financial services, aviation, hospitality to not-for-profit. I got the chance to work off-site and gained essential operational skills, as well as getting to know the client inside-out.
Wouldn't Recommend
Senior Consultant Financial Services Advisory (Current Employee) –  Dublin12 June 2019
I was advised i would be consulting a client on the client site, work on a project from conception to delivery & would be made permanent after 12 months.
All of this was in fact a lie.
No support from management.
No support from Grant Thornton HQ.
25 people have left within the past month.
There is no work culture.
Pros
No pros
Cons
too many to list.
Nice atmosphere
Manager Financial Services Advisory (Current Employee) –  Dublin16 April 2019
In general there is a nice atmosphere. The management is really trying to create a great place to work and the new building is amazing with great facilities
Overworked and underappreciated
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  Galway10 March 2019
Pros:
Competitive Salary
Study leave/Exam support

Cons:
Poor team management
Work is not evenly spread out.
Lack of recognition
Poor work/life balance
Long hours throughout the year not just during busy season
Poor people management skills at PDM level.
Productive workplace, dull atmosphere.
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dublin2 March 2019
I accepted the job here on the basis that good advancement prospects were offered in the interview. None of that has materialized.

Cliquey firm to say the least.
Pros
Great facilities
Cons
Atmosphere isn't the best.
Great learning enviroment
Tax intern (Former Employee) –  City Quay, Dublin.22 August 2018
Greta place to work with plenty of young people. great place to learn and very achievable targets.

can get busy at times, but there is a great variety of work here which you may not get in the big 4.
Pros
Sports and social events
Cons
busy peak times
Excellent Company
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Dublin17 July 2018
Great experience across audit, financial services, banking, project, fund accounting and project management.

Management are open and will give advice wherever needed
Good team environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin Ireland25 May 2017
The people within GT make the difference. There is a very good work life balance. There is also a very good social scene. There are great promotion opportunities within the firm.
Supportive and encouraging work environment
Media & Entertainment Senior (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 April 2017
I worked as part of the Media & Entertainment team and can't praise them highly enough. Both the partner and director were fair to everyone ensuring all people had a work life balance.

Working to deadlines was required as part of the job but the team atmosphere made this a pleasant and supportive place to work.
productive workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dublin13 May 2016
Grant Thornton are a financial company, who specialise in liquidations etc. I am only with them a short time, and will be finishing with them soon.
Working at Grant Thornton was a wonderful experience. The people were outgoing and energetic and there was a sense of being part of a team.
Personal Assistant to four Tax Partners (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland26 January 2016
My experience at Grant Thornton was one of constant learning; having never worked in an accounting firm before and in particular the tax department, I learned very quickly about Irish tax and how it operates as well as my skills in excel were vastly improved due to working with spreadsheets so often. My fellow co workers were some of the friendliest people I've ever met and it was them that truly made coming into work everyday a joy.

The most difficult part of the job would have been dealing with upset clients due to tax implications however even working with individuals who were experiencing something terrible at the time, it still became a very important part of the job whereby I would endeavor to create an atmosphere of calm and lightness for the client.
Well run business
Full time IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Thornton, SCT17 November 2015
Always felt like a friendly yet commited enviroment with no oppressive stylistics or gloomy atmosphere. Everyone there seemed like they wanted to be there
Pros
Constantly busy, friendly people
Cons
Long hours I guess!
Completed Training Contract
Senior - Recovery and Restructuring (Current Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland18 May 2015
I started in Grant Thornton in January 2010 as an intern in one of the regional offices.

Through this internship, I was given a training contract in the Dublin office, where I completed my accountancy qualification (first time pass).

I specialised in Insolvency services, in particular property based assignments (Receiverships & Liquidations).
A great place to work
Bank Examiner (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D9 October 2014
Highly motivated management team and staff, fantastic reputation that is well deserved.