Grant Thornton
Grant Thornton Employee Review

Nice atmosphere

16 April 2019
In general there is a nice atmosphere. The management is really trying to create a great place to work and the new building is amazing with great facilities
3.0Job security/advancement
10 March 2021
Associate Director (Former Employee) - Dublin
This is a good place to work and to have a work experience.There are exceptional leaders in this organization and people getting promoted are very talented.Indeed, you are learning a lot, getting good exposure to certain industries and gathering fantastic experience. But it can become repetitive after some time.If you don't make it to senior level, I feel you will get a better work/life balance and a better pay in the industry.
Pros
Beautiful building, work location in city centre and facilities (Canteen, Gym and work stations)
Cons
Hard to progress
18 February 2021
Senior Associate (Former Employee) - Dublin
Little to no support from management. Advancement is very unfair and men seem to be advanced a lot more often than women. Little opportunity to work across teams or gain other types of work experience. HR were terrible at handing any issues and were very insensitive. People lower on the hierarchy were not respected or treated like human beings. Work-life balance and mental heath was not taken seriously at all. Toxic culture and workplace environment. I did have some class co-workers and peers though who made the workplace a little better but unless you are director or partner level I would highly recommend staying away from this place.
Pros
Nice co-workers lots of younger employees
Cons
Too many to count
10 November 2020
Audit and Assurance Administrator (Former Employee) - Dublin
Said there would be full training provided, there was only a small amount of training that didn't cover everything even the most technical complex parts of the job, plus little to no documentation provided in order for you to learn, and completely ignore your request for proper further mentoring when being vocal about it. Plus rude colleagues and management. Only good thing anout it was the salary, but not worth it otherwise.
Pros
Nice building, handy location, good salary
Cons
No full proper traning given, rude co-workers/management
Official response from Grant Thornton
6 January 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that this was your experience at Grant Thornton. We aim to provide the best experience for our people and provide continuous opportunities to learn and grow. We are grateful for your feedback because it allows us to make Grant Thornton an even better place to work.