Grant Thornton logo
Grant Thornton

Grant Thornton Employee Reviews in Dublin, County Dublin

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,440 reviews

Productive work place but could be more fun

This is a good place to work and to have a work experience.There are exceptional leaders in this organization and people getting promoted are very talented.Indeed, you are learning a lot, getting good exposure to certain industries and gathering fantastic experience. But it can become repetitive after some time.If you don't make it to senior level, I feel you will get a better work/life balance and a better pay in the industry.

Pros

Beautiful building, work location in city centre and facilities (Canteen, Gym and work stations)

Cons

Hard to progress

Poor management and culture

Little to no support from management. Advancement is very unfair and men seem to be advanced a lot more often than women. Little opportunity to work across teams or gain other types of work experience. HR were terrible at handing any issues and were very insensitive. People lower on the hierarchy were not respected or treated like human beings. Work-life balance and mental heath was not taken seriously at all. Toxic culture and workplace environment. I did have some class co-workers and peers though who made the workplace a little better but unless you are director or partner level I would highly recommend staying away from this place.

Pros

Nice co-workers lots of younger employees

Cons

Too many to count

False Advertising

Said there would be full training provided, there was only a small amount of training that didn't cover everything even the most technical complex parts of the job, plus little to no documentation provided in order for you to learn, and completely ignore your request for proper further mentoring when being vocal about it. Plus rude colleagues and management. Only good thing anout it was the salary, but not worth it otherwise.

Pros

Nice building, handy location, good salary

Cons

No full proper traning given, rude co-workers/management

Official response from Grant Thornton

6 January 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that this was your experience at Grant Thornton. We aim to provide the best experience for our people and provide continuous opportunities to learn and grow. We are grateful for your feedback because it allows us to make Grant Thornton an even better place to work.

Worst Place to work in

Poor place to work in all bunch of snobby c*nt's.I learnt feck all. The culture of the work place needs to improve. Grant Thornton were much more careless with the way they handle things.

Pros

Feck Alll

Cons

Nice company but difficult environment

The company is nice, the office in Dublin is great, anyway the salary is not competitive, low perks, and the internal transfers like moving to another team or to another office location are very difficult.

Some wonderful people & also a small number of clueless people

People are mostly professional and diligent. Partners are great, but too disconnected from different levels. Allows some clueless people to screen & filter information going up to partners. Messages get misinterpreted, content gets diluted and opportunities are lost. Shame really, as partners are quite sharp, but make strange decisions based on poor interpretation of information by some of the ADs/D's who just don't understand content. Reluctantly left as unable to make a meaningful impact.

Strong Consultancy environment

Thoroughly recommend this firm where most areas of business consultancy are catered for. Many diverse clientele guaranteed to give you strong exposure to various business types.

Productive and collaborative workplace

As part of the Audit and Assurance team, I got to grips with a wide range of industries, from financial services, aviation, hospitality to not-for-profit. I got the chance to work off-site and gained essential operational skills, as well as getting to know the client inside-out.

Wouldn't Recommend

I was advised i would be consulting a client on the client site, work on a project from conception to delivery & would be made permanent after 12 months. All of this was in fact a lie. No support from management. No support from Grant Thornton HQ. 25 people have left within the past month. There is no work culture.

Pros

No pros

Cons

too many to list.

Nice atmosphere

In general there is a nice atmosphere. The management is really trying to create a great place to work and the new building is amazing with great facilities

Jobs at Grant Thornton

in Dublin, County Dublin
See more jobs

Productive workplace, dull atmosphere.

I accepted the job here on the basis that good advancement prospects were offered in the interview. None of that has materialized. Cliquey firm to say the least.

Pros

Great facilities

Cons

Atmosphere isn't the best.

Great learning enviroment

Greta place to work with plenty of young people. great place to learn and very achievable targets. can get busy at times, but there is a great variety of work here which you may not get in the big 4.

Pros

Sports and social events

Cons

busy peak times

Excellent Company

Great experience across audit, financial services, banking, project, fund accounting and project management. Management are open and will give advice wherever needed

Good team environment

The people within GT make the difference. There is a very good work life balance. There is also a very good social scene. There are great promotion opportunities within the firm.

Supportive and encouraging work environment

I worked as part of the Media & Entertainment team and can't praise them highly enough. Both the partner and director were fair to everyone ensuring all people had a work life balance. Working to deadlines was required as part of the job but the team atmosphere made this a pleasant and supportive place to work.

productive workplace

Grant Thornton are a financial company, who specialise in liquidations etc. I am only with them a short time, and will be finishing with them soon.

Working at Grant Thornton was a wonderful experience. The people were outgoing and energetic and there was a sense of being part of a team.

My experience at Grant Thornton was one of constant learning; having never worked in an accounting firm before and in particular the tax department, I learned very quickly about Irish tax and how it operates as well as my skills in excel were vastly improved due to working with spreadsheets so often. My fellow co workers were some of the friendliest people I've ever met and it was them that truly made coming into work everyday a joy. The most difficult part of the job would have been dealing with upset clients due to tax implications however even working with individuals who were experiencing something terrible at the time, it still became a very important part of the job whereby I would endeavor to create an atmosphere of calm and lightness for the client.

Completed Training Contract

I started in Grant Thornton in January 2010 as an intern in one of the regional offices. Through this internship, I was given a training contract in the Dublin office, where I completed my accountancy qualification (first time pass). I specialised in Insolvency services, in particular property based assignments (Receiverships & Liquidations).

A great place to work

Highly motivated management team and staff, fantastic reputation that is well deserved.
  • Grant Thornton