Grant Thornton

Grant Thornton Employee Reviews

This is a good place to work and to have a work experience.There are exceptional leaders in this organization and people getting promoted are very talented.Indeed, you are learning a lot, getting good exposure to certain industries and gathering fantastic experience. But it can become repetitive after some time.If you don't make it to senior level, I feel you will get a better work/life balance and a better pay in the industry.
Pros
Beautiful building, work location in city centre and facilities (Canteen, Gym and work stations)
Cons
Hard to progress
Little to no support from management. Advancement is very unfair and men seem to be advanced a lot more often than women. Little opportunity to work across teams or gain other types of work experience. HR were terrible at handing any issues and were very insensitive. People lower on the hierarchy were not respected or treated like human beings. Work-life balance and mental heath was not taken seriously at all. Toxic culture and workplace environment. I did have some class co-workers and peers though who made the workplace a little better but unless you are director or partner level I would highly recommend staying away from this place.
Pros
Nice co-workers lots of younger employees
Cons
Too many to count
Said there would be full training provided, there was only a small amount of training that didn't cover everything even the most technical complex parts of the job, plus little to no documentation provided in order for you to learn, and completely ignore your request for proper further mentoring when being vocal about it. Plus rude colleagues and management. Only good thing anout it was the salary, but not worth it otherwise.
Pros
Nice building, handy location, good salary
Cons
No full proper traning given, rude co-workers/management
Official response from Grant Thornton
6 January 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that this was your experience at Grant Thornton. We aim to provide the best experience for our people and provide continuous opportunities to learn and grow. We are grateful for your feedback because it allows us to make Grant Thornton an even better place to work.
A lot of strategic waffle but little evidence of it. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Going down the path of all other consultancies with utilisation. Take the promises of the cool work you'll be doing with a pinch of salt. HR is hopeless, absolutely hopeless. You better be highly skilled going in as you're on your own. Coaching culture? Pah! Nice cafe though.
Official response from Grant Thornton
6 January 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience at Grant Thornton. We are disappointed to hear that this was your experience. We value your opinion and will use this feedback to consider how we make Grant Thornton an even better place to work.
Poor place to work in all bunch of snobby c*nt's.I learnt feck all. The culture of the work place needs to improve. Grant Thornton were much more careless with the way they handle things.
Pros
Feck Alll
Cons
Great training firm You can get good exposure to different accounting areas across the firm International environment Great study leave and training support
The company is nice, the office in Dublin is great, anyway the salary is not competitive, low perks, and the internal transfers like moving to another team or to another office location are very difficult.
Just chase their fees. No compassion nor understanding of the stress the financial recession placed on people. Full of young pups chasing credit. Not my type of company but synonomous of modern financial companies
People are mostly professional and diligent. Partners are great, but too disconnected from different levels. Allows some clueless people to screen & filter information going up to partners. Messages get misinterpreted, content gets diluted and opportunities are lost. Shame really, as partners are quite sharp, but make strange decisions based on poor interpretation of information by some of the ADs/D's who just don't understand content. Reluctantly left as unable to make a meaningful impact.
Manager was a bully from my first day there Long hours Heavy workload Horrible environment wouldn't recommend to any one So glad not to be working there
Pros
Good perks
Cons
Terrible enviroment long hours
Thoroughly recommend this firm where most areas of business consultancy are catered for. Many diverse clientele guaranteed to give you strong exposure to various business types.
As part of the Audit and Assurance team, I got to grips with a wide range of industries, from financial services, aviation, hospitality to not-for-profit. I got the chance to work off-site and gained essential operational skills, as well as getting to know the client inside-out.
I was advised i would be consulting a client on the client site, work on a project from conception to delivery & would be made permanent after 12 months. All of this was in fact a lie. No support from management. No support from Grant Thornton HQ. 25 people have left within the past month. There is no work culture.
Pros
No pros
Cons
too many to list.
In general there is a nice atmosphere. The management is really trying to create a great place to work and the new building is amazing with great facilities
Pros: Competitive Salary Study leave/Exam support Cons: Poor team management Work is not evenly spread out. Lack of recognition Poor work/life balance Long hours throughout the year not just during busy season Poor people management skills at PDM level.
I accepted the job here on the basis that good advancement prospects were offered in the interview. None of that has materialized. Cliquey firm to say the least.
Pros
Great facilities
Cons
Atmosphere isn't the best.
Greta place to work with plenty of young people. great place to learn and very achievable targets. can get busy at times, but there is a great variety of work here which you may not get in the big 4.
Pros
Sports and social events
Cons
busy peak times
Great experience across audit, financial services, banking, project, fund accounting and project management. Management are open and will give advice wherever needed
The people within GT make the difference. There is a very good work life balance. There is also a very good social scene. There are great promotion opportunities within the firm.
I worked as part of the Media & Entertainment team and can't praise them highly enough. Both the partner and director were fair to everyone ensuring all people had a work life balance. Working to deadlines was required as part of the job but the team atmosphere made this a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Grant Thornton are a financial company, who specialise in liquidations etc. I am only with them a short time, and will be finishing with them soon.
  1. Employee reviews