Grant Thornton logo

Clear
Work-life balance
Job security & advancement

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,433 reviews

Productive work place but could be more fun

This is a good place to work and to have a work experience.There are exceptional leaders in this organization and people getting promoted are very talented.Indeed, you are learning a lot, getting good exposure to certain industries and gathering fantastic experience. But it can become repetitive after some time.If you don't make it to senior level, I feel you will get a better work/life balance and a better pay in the industry.

Pros

Beautiful building, work location in city centre and facilities (Canteen, Gym and work stations)

Cons

Hard to progress

Poor management and culture

Little to no support from management. Advancement is very unfair and men seem to be advanced a lot more often than women. Little opportunity to work across teams or gain other types of work experience. HR were terrible at handing any issues and were very insensitive. People lower on the hierarchy were not respected or treated like human beings. Work-life balance and mental heath was not taken seriously at all. Toxic culture and workplace environment. I did have some class co-workers and peers though who made the workplace a little better but unless you are director or partner level I would highly recommend staying away from this place.

Pros

Nice co-workers lots of younger employees

Cons

Too many to count

Good training firm

Great training firm You can get good exposure to different accounting areas across the firm International environment Great study leave and training support

Nice company but difficult environment

The company is nice, the office in Dublin is great, anyway the salary is not competitive, low perks, and the internal transfers like moving to another team or to another office location are very difficult.

Wouldn't Recommend

I was advised i would be consulting a client on the client site, work on a project from conception to delivery & would be made permanent after 12 months. All of this was in fact a lie. No support from management. No support from Grant Thornton HQ. 25 people have left within the past month. There is no work culture.

Pros

No pros

Cons

too many to list.

Productive workplace, dull atmosphere.

I accepted the job here on the basis that good advancement prospects were offered in the interview. None of that has materialized. Cliquey firm to say the least.

Pros

Great facilities

Cons

Atmosphere isn't the best.

Good team environment

The people within GT make the difference. There is a very good work life balance. There is also a very good social scene. There are great promotion opportunities within the firm.

Supportive and encouraging work environment

I worked as part of the Media & Entertainment team and can't praise them highly enough. Both the partner and director were fair to everyone ensuring all people had a work life balance. Working to deadlines was required as part of the job but the team atmosphere made this a pleasant and supportive place to work.

Completed Training Contract

I started in Grant Thornton in January 2010 as an intern in one of the regional offices. Through this internship, I was given a training contract in the Dublin office, where I completed my accountancy qualification (first time pass). I specialised in Insolvency services, in particular property based assignments (Receiverships & Liquidations).

Jobs at Grant Thornton