Grant Thornton

Grant Thornton Management reviews

In general there is a nice atmosphere. The management is really trying to create a great place to work and the new building is amazing with great facilities
Little to no support from management. Advancement is very unfair and men seem to be advanced a lot more often than women. Little opportunity to work across teams or gain other types of work experience. HR were terrible at handing any issues and were very insensitive. People lower on the hierarchy were not respected or treated like human beings. Work-life balance and mental heath was not taken seriously at all. Toxic culture and workplace environment. I did have some class co-workers and peers though who made the workplace a little better but unless you are director or partner level I would highly recommend staying away from this place.
Pros
Nice co-workers lots of younger employees
Cons
Too many to count
Said there would be full training provided, there was only a small amount of training that didn't cover everything even the most technical complex parts of the job, plus little to no documentation provided in order for you to learn, and completely ignore your request for proper further mentoring when being vocal about it. Plus rude colleagues and management. Only good thing anout it was the salary, but not worth it otherwise.
Pros
Nice building, handy location, good salary
Cons
No full proper traning given, rude co-workers/management
Official response from Grant Thornton
6 January 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that this was your experience at Grant Thornton. We aim to provide the best experience for our people and provide continuous opportunities to learn and grow. We are grateful for your feedback because it allows us to make Grant Thornton an even better place to work.
A lot of strategic waffle but little evidence of it. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Going down the path of all other consultancies with utilisation. Take the promises of the cool work you'll be doing with a pinch of salt. HR is hopeless, absolutely hopeless. You better be highly skilled going in as you're on your own. Coaching culture? Pah! Nice cafe though.
Official response from Grant Thornton
6 January 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience at Grant Thornton. We are disappointed to hear that this was your experience. We value your opinion and will use this feedback to consider how we make Grant Thornton an even better place to work.
Manager was a bully from my first day there Long hours Heavy workload Horrible environment wouldn't recommend to any one So glad not to be working there
Pros
Good perks
Cons
Terrible enviroment long hours
I was advised i would be consulting a client on the client site, work on a project from conception to delivery & would be made permanent after 12 months. All of this was in fact a lie. No support from management. No support from Grant Thornton HQ. 25 people have left within the past month. There is no work culture.
Pros
No pros
Cons
too many to list.
Pros: Competitive Salary Study leave/Exam support Cons: Poor team management Work is not evenly spread out. Lack of recognition Poor work/life balance Long hours throughout the year not just during busy season Poor people management skills at PDM level.
Great experience across audit, financial services, banking, project, fund accounting and project management. Management are open and will give advice wherever needed
Highly motivated management team and staff, fantastic reputation that is well deserved.