Grant Thornton Employee Review

View all Grant Thornton reviews

Working at Grant Thornton was a wonderful experience. The people were outgoing and energetic and there was a sense of being part of a team.
Personal Assistant to four Tax Partners (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland26 January 2016
My experience at Grant Thornton was one of constant learning; having never worked in an accounting firm before and in particular the tax department, I learned very quickly about Irish tax and how it operates as well as my skills in excel were vastly improved due to working with spreadsheets so often. My fellow co workers were some of the friendliest people I've ever met and it was them that truly made coming into work everyday a joy.

The most difficult part of the job would have been dealing with upset clients due to tax implications however even working with individuals who were experiencing something terrible at the time, it still became a very important part of the job whereby I would endeavor to create an atmosphere of calm and lightness for the client.

Other Grant Thornton Employee Reviews

Some wonderful people & also a small number of clueless people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin26 September 2019
People are mostly professional and diligent. Partners are great, but too disconnected from different levels. Allows some clueless people to screen & filter information going up to partners. Messages get misinterpreted, content gets diluted and opportunities are lost. Shame really, as partners are quite sharp, but make strange decisions based on poor interpretation of information by some of the ADs/D's who just don't understand content. Reluctantly left as unable to make a meaningful impact.
Worst place ever worked i
Financial Associate (Current Employee) –  Cork25 September 2019
Manager was a bully from my first day there
Heavy workload
Horrible environment wouldn't recommend to any one
So glad not to be working there
Pros
Good perks
Cons
Terrible enviroment long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grant Thornton. Our community is ready to answer.

Grant Thornton Reviews by Location