Great Northern Hotel

Great Northern Hotel Employee Reviews

Ireland5 reviews

Seasonal job

Seasonal job . Very busy in July and August . You have to be ready to work under the pressure and to do extra hours . No weekends off . No free meals . Sometimes you even have to work without break . During winter dead place .

Pros

Free tea/coffee

Cons

Extra long hours during summer

It was good

Had a lot of different options worked in different areas of the hotel the best would be out in the public. A lot off different areas that would be hard.

productive and fun workplace

Productive and stress free and happy workplace with great team mates to work with. The management/owner treat their employee professionally and personally (like a family)

Pros

free lunches

Cons

bullying in the work place

the head chef is a bully. he will bully you out of your job. the management does nothing about it i dont know how one person could have such hold over the management. you would go to them and complain and they just let it go in one ear and out the other.

Pros

nothing

Vibrant and great people to work for.

Carried out all typical bar and waitering tasks. Received all my bar experience from here. Got on great with my co-workers as we were all around the same age and like minded. Management were always fair and praising of good work completed by staff. Hardest part of the job, dealing with weddings and large functions such as concerts. Most enjoyable part, chatting with staff on downtime, and having interesting conversations with customer during the downtime.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Late and long hours.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Great Northern Hotel?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Northern Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement