Groupon

Groupon Employee Reviews

Fun and creative

Employees are given lots of autonomy to make decisions. Extremely fast-paced environment, encourage people to model and take risks and make mistakes..

Leadership-less

Groupon has lost its way and lacks strong leadership and strategic vision required to be successful. If the company is serious about turning itself around, it has to look inward first.

Stressful

Was too fast paced for me though my coworkers were nice. I lost my voice from talking on the phone all day and the pay wasn't that good. The call room is also loud

Fun place to work

I enjoyed working for the company, the unlimited PTO was a huge bonus. But there was a lot of restructuring during my time there which didn’t make for a stable/secure job.

Nice workplace and people - strongly recommend for entry level

Nice workplace and people - strongly recommend for entry level positions. There are some issues with the organization and the management decisions. Great for staring career.

Used to be fun! I wouldn't suggest it nowadays..

It was a fun place to work with a great culture. For a while, the fun made up for the lateral moves, mediocre pay and iffy leadership. Mass layoffs led to steep decline in morale, I had to jump ship. It was great while it lasted.

Mental health is not important

Company which wants more and more without take in consideration how the employee feels. High target. Bad communication.

Great people

Great people and team, professional development can be an issue, management is average, would recommend on the overall, but generally chaotic environment

Best place ever to work

Groupon was always a place that attracted high calibre candidates. Whilst the strategy was right for the long term the execution was not always perfect but had a great sense of where the business was heading.

Good for beginners

Groupon is the best place to start your career as freshers as they give good package for freshers. You can learn and grow your skills here but comparing the market they pay less for the experience candidates.

Pros

Medical Insurance, Internal Job Opportunity

Cons

Less Package

My times

Good guys here and lots of chance to move up at this place. Big fan of the work that we do and I want to keep working here for a while, but I might have to move

Fun but tough business

Really great colleagues and friends. Exciting space and lots of opportunities and other such things of importance. Super tough business and could be improved for sure.

11 July 2022
Thanks for taking the time to share your Groupon experience! We're glad you're able to look back fondly on your time on #TeamGroupon. We appreciate you calling out that there's room for us to improve, and we agree, which is why we're always looking for and listening to employee feedback to help us make those changes. Thank you for your contributions to Groupon's success, and we wish you the best of luck in your next adventure!

Good People- figuring things out over all as a company

People are nice. working remote makes it hard to get some departments on the same page. Management is transparent about everything for the most part though.

Pros

unlimted PTO

11 July 2022
Thanks for the review! We're so happy to hear you enjoy the flexibility we offer employees to live life outside of work. We appreciate your insights around the parts of your experience that could improve. We hope you've also had the chance to share this feedback internally, as we use those channels as actionable feedback. Thanks again for the feedback and for all you do to help make Groupon a great place to work!

Société agréable

Salarié pendant 5 ans en tant que commercial rémunération attractive ambiance jeune et agréable.Augmentation tous les ans sur la base des chiffres par contre peu de perspective d'évolution au sein de la société.Un CE qui propose uniquement de chèque cadeau à Noël

Pros

Les locaux et l'ambiance, la paye

Fun atmosphere

Great training. You will learn the fundamentals of sales and sales conversations. Upper management was great. Lots of playing favorites, especially on the sales floor.

17 June 2022
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review about your experience. We're so glad to hear you felt a Sales role at Groupon provided you with a strong basis on which you could grow your career! We want to be clear that equity is an important cornerstone in Groupon's operating principles. Managers should not be "playing favorites," and we hope you had the opportunity to provide this feedback during your tenure so it could be investigated properly. Thanks again for your review, and best of luck in your next adventure!

Ambiente de trabajo inmejorable

Genial ambiente de trabajo, joven y proactive por parte de todos. Conciencia de equipo desde el inicio. Empresa comprometida con el bienestar de sus trabajadores.

Pros

Cheques Gourmet, fruta y café gratis, sin despachos, futbolin y pin-pon para los descansos

Cons

No las encontré

Fun and great place to work

Loved working here. Was working on night shift customer service team. I learnt so much about customer service and how to deal with issues swiftly. Colleauges were great and so was Management.

Productive but not fun!

I worked here for almost 4 years! The people were more like a family. But the job was not worth the pay. Not paid enough for the work I did. The turnover rate was horrible. They wanted people to always take on job roles but not pay them enough. I was in receiving. So I unloaded trucks and sorted everything. I also received it all in and helped put away. They expect way to much from people. Then just turn around and treat them like they don't matter. They did try to give back during the holidays with prizes and give aways. But there were requirements to follow. The only pro for real, was the people. Everything else was not even worth it. Benefits were ok. But not the greatest. And they only paid 2 times a month. 15th and the 30th. Which is crazy if you ask me. They would over load everyone with work to do, but then turn around and all the Temps home if there was not enough work.

15 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your Groupon experience and for the time you spent as a part of #TeamGroupon. Our Kentucky Warehouse team played such an important part in Groupon's story. Although the warehouse is no longer a Groupon location, we take a lot of what we learned from those employees and apply it to how we model our culture today. We're focused on building a fun and flexible workplace for employees, and our compensation team regularly reviews what we offer in terms of total rewards to ensure it's competitive within local market ranges. That said, we know there's always room for improvement, so we appreciate the insight you've shared with us here. Thanks again for everything you did to contribute to Groupon's success!

Great mind, loved the culture and off course our products and customers, b2b and b2c.

Enjoyed and learned so much, being able to grow into multiple roles and explore out of my comfort zone. Thanks to fantastic work attitude of my teams and collaborative relationship with my peers and leaders I can look back and be proud, contributed to many enterprise's transformational milestones.

15 March 2022
This review made our day! Thanks for sharing your Groupon experience. Best of luck in your career moving forward!

Work life balance

It was just ok, management is all over the place. Company lacked any direction and constantly felt like we were changing priorities every other month.

Great culture in the beginning.

Company culture was great in the beginning. Then employees and management were replaced by outsourced workers from other countries that never step foot in the offices.

Pros

Friendly people

Cons

Management and communication is abysmal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Groupon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Groupon with

Learn about Groupon in popular locations

• Groupon
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?