Guidewire Software, Inc.

Guidewire Software, Inc. Employee Reviews

3.8Pay & Benefits
Snooze Work
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 October 2018
There is no challenge to being a consultant here. At the beginning you sit through 3 months of mind numbing training for the different centers that make up the product (Policy, Claim and Billing) and then take a bizarre exam of no meaning which if you pass (85% or higher) you then do a small assignment with a trainer who is somewhere else in the world that you speak to for 10minutes every day and finally whom you'll do a demo to at the end.
I found it the biggest waste of time. It actually prevents original ways of solving problems as Guidewire seem to think they have a best way of doing things where you have to work around their spaghetti code. I believe if they actually invested time and ran (and understood) a stress test, they'd see how inefficient and slow their centers are (obvious costly code ran multiple times for no reason can be found from just debugging). There is also no access to unit tests for the OOTB code so good luck finding regressions without strenuous manual testing. There's also a lot of bugs in the OOTB which is embarrassing and will always be a hindrance to the company moving forward. Guidewire doesn't do constant releases but instead patches, again a hindrance.
On my first (and only) project, I experienced a significant amount of downtime where I could sit around for a couple of days clawing for work to come through which is not easy when your client and the project lead is 5 hours behind. This may have been a result from actually having 3 years experience of being a Java software developer that I completed the work a bit quicker than expected but it
  more... was very frustrating. It was coined to me that the next project won't be the same but having spoken to numerous people there, the stories only got worse.

Office is pretty bland, you wouldn't feel proud bringing someone into the place.
Average Company
Senior Solution Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland8 September 2014
Just a average company with little opportunity for career advancement, specially if you are in Consulting.