Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 26 March 2020

H&M Employee Reviews

great work place
very friendly and helpfull team. the enviroment was very welcoming and everyone worked together in order to reach daily targets. the mood in the store was great.
Aviod this place
I worked in blanchardstown for a brief period. The management are off the scale in terms of pressure , no employee is given recognition for any amount of good work. The pay €10.25 an hour is seriously not good for the amount of stress you will have in your life. No work life balance what so ever , shift patterns for full time are like 7am-4pm (shocking for a retail job 7am start) 1-10pm 11-8pm. When I asked management for a change in my hours for example 9-6 etc I was told to stop complaining this is what full time work is like blah blah just shocking all together . Also there’the employees have a cicrle going on and if you’re not included you’re screwed overall a strange workplace please do yourself a favour and aviod no matter how desperate you are for a job anyone can do better than this company
Okay for part time but not for full time
H&m is a grand place to work depending on your store, on the good side you get days off approved 99% of the time, they’re flexible with hours, you can do different kinds of shifts so it doesn’t get boring
However the higher ups in H&m are completely selfish and have high expectations for managers while at the same time cutting hours and wages, they tell you it’s a great place to progress and they’ll always progress you if you’re interested but that’s complete bull. Honestly it’s soul destroying working here full time but if you’re just looking for evening and weekend work I’d definetly recommend it! Handy enough and all the staff were nice
it’s ok
They’re ok to work for bad management bad pay contracts are little hours too and paid every two weeks can be very stressful at times also inadequate training for sales staff
Would not recommend
I would not recommend this company to anyone. There is a lot of bullying and favouritism. There is a massive workload and I have seen this bring many people to tears. H&M refuse to pay any overtime so each store is so understaffed that it is not uncommon to witness one member of staff doing the work of four people.

The conditions are horrific, one store had a stock room with 37 degree heat inside and the store management refused to get any kind of air conditioning system for us.
Does not worth all stress
There is a few benefits but doesn`t worthy all the stress.
Lack of staff, management encourage gossip in store, very toxic atmosphere. Is very common the company progress bad staff which not motivate to work for it.
Working at h&m
It’s a good place to work to make friends and be a part of a team , but management are very unhelpful , rude , will judge you behind your back with their chosen favourites & are not willing to help , will pretend they’re busy & hide in the office and the manager is a joke
Will sometimes make you take needed days off - eg. Exams , the leaving very , visit family - as your holiday hours !!
Pros
People & hours
Cons
Everything else
Inconsistent Work Culture and Expectations
Low pay, not great benefits.
Unrealistic expectations.

Bad communication.

Little help from higher-ups.

Staff discount 25%.

Progress from within the company.

No discrimination.

Good values.
fast paced enviroment
A very fast paced enviroment as the store is very busy shop targets everyday not personal targets. I was part of a a delivery team so i was very motivational and worked well in a team.
Good place to work for a while
Good place to work if you're a sales advisor. The hours are flexible enough, the pay is above minimum wage with double on bank holidays and plenty of opportunities for progression if you want it.

Management however is different. The salary is a joke and the expectations are ridiculous. Theres no commission, christmas or quarterly bonuses. The salaries aren't equal as I had people who's role was under mine and were paid more than me and I got no answer for this when I asked. I constantly had staff taken from my floor which meant tasks weren't done which was then my fault.

Some people can take sickness and others were made come in if they called sick. I was made come in when after I had an accident in store injuring myself to the point where I couldn't walk. Others would not have to do this.

The hours are not fairly shared, with some never giving themselves closing shifts or weekends, meaning others had to do them all the time.

The area managers constantly want hours cut but raise expectations with seemingly no idea how this actually to work in stores. They say they're there to support you but when you actually need them they vanish.

It can be a great place to work. Being a sales advisor is tough but relatively stress free. Management is a joke and turnover throughout the country is high because of this.

I wouldn't advise making it a long term career.
Pros
25% staff discount
Cons
Salary, no bonuses, management
good company to work for
The staff all worked well together, the work environment was good.
the values of the company are very good.

the is good and you are guaranteed your hours
Pros
employee discount
Advertised as an amazing place to work when in reality completely different.
Ok job to have for a while if you are part time and not there much although you get stuck with all the really bad hours, I went full time in the company and it all changed, everything got worse, managements treatment was horrendous, and made my workplace a place I dreaded going.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, unsociable hours, how they treat employees
droductive but not fun workplace
H&M is advertised as a fun place to work when in reality management is alot more focused on getting work done rather than caring about staff and other members of the team
Good with with the exception of weekly hour problems
Fun workplace but the industry of retail makes the unstable, ever changing hours and income hard to cope with.
Other than that, the values that the company promotes to its staff members are really good and motivating. The management is nice and easy to work with. Each shop is a little family.
Pros
Great discounts (especially when you know when the special discount sales are on)
Cons
Unstable retail hours not giving enough of hours and/or schedule for each week.
Productive workplace
The workplace is productive, sometimes the delegation of work is not very fair. Management are very strict where I work and part-timers are often left to do the unsociable hours every week without change.
Pros
Staff discount is good
Cons
Constantly working the same hours, no variation between staff
Great place to work if your a student but not ideal as a career
H&M is a great place to work for if your young and still in college or looking for a handy job. The rate of pay is quite good for sales advisors from €9.30-€10.50. Your day could include working on a morning delivery and getting delivery stock quickly out on the floor . There are many different sections in the shop and you could be responsible for the maintenance of it. You work as a team to drive sales targets for the day and deliver great customer service. I worked up my way to a visual merchandiser and enjoyed my role. I think the management side was the most hardest part of the job. There are too many opinion and petty things focused on in store visits and unnecessary stress from store managers. The pay is not great as a visual merchandiser and it is not worth it for the amount of money you are paid. The have a great discount for staff 25% off for staff and in-store offers for staff on certain days.
Pros
25% discount, Good sales adviors pay
Cons
They don't value hard working staff
Fun workplace
Very little training, low staff turnover firm policies, massive difference between service and operations. Engaged staff who are friendly with management.
Pros
happy workplace
Cons
Overtime is common
Excellent
I enjoy my job at H&M, the people, the environment. I've learned a lot from training, my day-to-day duties and the work environment. It's demanding at times but worth it.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Salary
Fun workplace
Typical day: Analyse figures and daily targets. Customer service. Staff motivation.
How to give feedback positive and negative.

Hardest part is Late nights and weekends
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Late nights, weekends, salary
friendly and professional workplace
Having working in H&M for 5 years i can say i had such a positive experience the teams were always so friendly and professional.The opportunitys were endless i myself started on a 20 hour stockroom position and worked my way up to admin manager within 2 years.
Pros
friendly, constant improvement
Cons
salary
Ok
Days can be very long.Wages are nothing to write home about. Management can be difficult at times. Only good thing about this job is the discount.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4K