H&M

H&M Employee Reviews

Found 32 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,726 reviews

great work place

very friendly and helpfull team. the enviroment was very welcoming and everyone worked together in order to reach daily targets. the mood in the store was great.

Great in-store team. Shocking Area team.

Worked as department manager for H&M for over 2 yrs. Loved the work... pay was shockingly low 22.5k rising to 25k. 25 euro H&M giftcard as Christmas bonus, this was after many hours of unpaid overtime coming up to christmas. Always gave much more than the role or pay warranted. Always short staffed and over worked. Virtually no support from Area management. Some very very Ignorant Area managers that shouted at me with aggression. Would not recommend H&M as a work environment unless its a part time minimum wage job with only one benefit (25% discount) that you are looking for. They talk the talk but do not walk the walk. Hours owed when leaving were paid at 6.60 per hour and never corrected. No satisfaction working for this company. Very let down in the end.

Pros

Discount to spend on company goods only

Cons

3 cent above min wage pay for staff, 12 euro pay for managers, No weekends off, High demands from area team, Disrespectful area managers, Unpaid overtime, Unrealistic deadlines and expectations, Job description not accurate.

Fun place to work

Cork H&M is an Amazon place to work lovely staff everyone is super helpful and kind I recommend you to work here it will give you great confidence. And mangers really make an effort with work/life balance

Pros

Great managers

Cons

Poor pay

Friends for life

Great company to work for. Few hiccups regarding area teambut generally it's a good place to work. As a manner of management it can be stressful especially in a smaller store. But the team you work with are honestly the greatest bunch of people ever. Pay the management team fairly and you'll keep them longer.

Pros

Staff Discount. The team.

Cons

Can be expected to work without pay. Area team narcissistic.

Good company culture

Good place to work...if you can handle the pressure...fun environment..with different kind of people from various backgrounds..overall happy place to work..

Best job I’ve ever had

I absolutely loved working at H&M. It’s the perfect job for students. Really well run and the management are so lovely. Would love to go back. I had loads of friends there and it was a real team effort every day.

Pros

Team work, fast pace, always busy

Cons

No cons.

Aviod this place

I worked in blanchardstown for a brief period. The management are off the scale in terms of pressure , no employee is given recognition for any amount of good work. The pay €10.25 an hour is seriously not good for the amount of stress you will have in your life. No work life balance what so ever , shift patterns for full time are like 7am-4pm (shocking for a retail job 7am start) 1-10pm 11-8pm. When I asked management for a change in my hours for example 9-6 etc I was told to stop complaining this is what full time work is like blah blah just shocking all together . Also there’the employees have a cicrle going on and if you’re not included you’re screwed overall a strange workplace please do yourself a favour and aviod no matter how desperate you are for a job anyone can do better than this company

Okay for part time but not for full time

H&m is a grand place to work depending on your store, on the good side you get days off approved 99% of the time, they’re flexible with hours, you can do different kinds of shifts so it doesn’t get boring However the higher ups in H&m are completely selfish and have high expectations for managers while at the same time cutting hours and wages, they tell you it’s a great place to progress and they’ll always progress you if you’re interested but that’s complete bull. Honestly it’s soul destroying working here full time but if you’re just looking for evening and weekend work I’d definetly recommend it! Handy enough and all the staff were nice

it’s ok

They’re ok to work for bad management bad pay contracts are little hours too and paid every two weeks can be very stressful at times also inadequate training for sales staff

Would not recommend

I would not recommend this company to anyone. There is a lot of bullying and favouritism. There is a massive workload and I have seen this bring many people to tears. H&M refuse to pay any overtime so each store is so understaffed that it is not uncommon to witness one member of staff doing the work of four people. The conditions are horrific, one store had a stock room with 37 degree heat inside and the store management refused to get any kind of air conditioning system for us.

Does not worth all stress

There is a few benefits but doesn`t worthy all the stress. Lack of staff, management encourage gossip in store, very toxic atmosphere. Is very common the company progress bad staff which not motivate to work for it.

Working at h&m

It’s a good place to work to make friends and be a part of a team , but management are very unhelpful , rude , will judge you behind your back with their chosen favourites & are not willing to help , will pretend they’re busy & hide in the office and the manager is a joke Will sometimes make you take needed days off - eg. Exams , the leaving very , visit family - as your holiday hours !!

Pros

People & hours

Cons

Everything else

Inconsistent Work Culture and Expectations

Low pay, not great benefits. Unrealistic expectations. Bad communication. Little help from higher-ups. Staff discount 25%. Progress from within the company. No discrimination. Good values.

fast paced enviroment

A very fast paced enviroment as the store is very busy shop targets everyday not personal targets. I was part of a a delivery team so i was very motivational and worked well in a team.

Good place to work for a while

Good place to work if you're a sales advisor. The hours are flexible enough, the pay is above minimum wage with double on bank holidays and plenty of opportunities for progression if you want it. Management however is different. The salary is a joke and the expectations are ridiculous. Theres no commission, christmas or quarterly bonuses. The salaries aren't equal as I had people who's role was under mine and were paid more than me and I got no answer for this when I asked. I constantly had staff taken from my floor which meant tasks weren't done which was then my fault. Some people can take sickness and others were made come in if they called sick. I was made come in when after I had an accident in store injuring myself to the point where I couldn't walk. Others would not have to do this. The hours are not fairly shared, with some never giving themselves closing shifts or weekends, meaning others had to do them all the time. The area managers constantly want hours cut but raise expectations with seemingly no idea how this actually to work in stores. They say they're there to support you but when you actually need them they vanish. It can be a great place to work. Being a sales advisor is tough but relatively stress free. Management is a joke and turnover throughout the country is high because of this. I wouldn't advise making it a long term career.

Pros

25% staff discount

Cons

Salary, no bonuses, management

good company to work for

The staff all worked well together, the work environment was good. the values of the company are very good. the is good and you are guaranteed your hours

Pros

employee discount

Advertised as an amazing place to work when in reality completely different.

Ok job to have for a while if you are part time and not there much although you get stuck with all the really bad hours, I went full time in the company and it all changed, everything got worse, managements treatment was horrendous, and made my workplace a place I dreaded going.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Management, unsociable hours, how they treat employees

droductive but not fun workplace

H&M is advertised as a fun place to work when in reality management is alot more focused on getting work done rather than caring about staff and other members of the team

Good with with the exception of weekly hour problems

Fun workplace but the industry of retail makes the unstable, ever changing hours and income hard to cope with. Other than that, the values that the company promotes to its staff members are really good and motivating. The management is nice and easy to work with. Each shop is a little family.

Pros

Great discounts (especially when you know when the special discount sales are on)

Cons

Unstable retail hours not giving enough of hours and/or schedule for each week.

Productive workplace

The workplace is productive, sometimes the delegation of work is not very fair. Management are very strict where I work and part-timers are often left to do the unsociable hours every week without change.

Pros

Staff discount is good

Cons

Constantly working the same hours, no variation between staff

Great place to work if your a student but not ideal as a career

H&M is a great place to work for if your young and still in college or looking for a handy job. The rate of pay is quite good for sales advisors from €9.30-€10.50. Your day could include working on a morning delivery and getting delivery stock quickly out on the floor . There are many different sections in the shop and you could be responsible for the maintenance of it. You work as a team to drive sales targets for the day and deliver great customer service. I worked up my way to a visual merchandiser and enjoyed my role. I think the management side was the most hardest part of the job. There are too many opinion and petty things focused on in store visits and unnecessary stress from store managers. The pay is not great as a visual merchandiser and it is not worth it for the amount of money you are paid. The have a great discount for staff 25% off for staff and in-store offers for staff on certain days.

Pros

25% discount, Good sales adviors pay

Cons

They don't value hard working staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7K
2.8K
1.8K

3.4Job security/advancement
  • H&M
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?