H&M Employee Reviews

Showing all 8,059 reviews
very friendly and helpfull team. the enviroment was very welcoming and everyone worked together in order to reach daily targets. the mood in the store was great.
The morale in the store is super low. And the managers are always so moody. I never know what to expect walking into work every day. I have good hours, but I don’t have any sick days or vacation days left for the year so now I feel burnt out and if I get sick I don’t get paid for the day.
İlişkilerin seviyeli ilerlediği ancak bir o kadar da eğlenceli bir çalışma ortamı var. Grup çalışmasının maximum seviyede olduğu ve herkesin birbirine destek olduğu çalışma deneyimim oldu.
Pros
Ticket, indirimler
Cons
Çok yoğun
Very accommodating with school schedules for college students. Easy to pick up hours if you offer to cover shifts. Not many opportunities for advancement.
The culture is toxic. Everyone works solely to avoid being reprimanded by their overheads. This leads to management treating their subordinates like trash and prioritizing store profit over things like safety (their poor handling of Covid-19 guidelines is why I decided to quit after 3 years worth of other problems). Management is often fragmented and unable to work cooperatively because Visual Merchandisers have different priorities from Dept. Managers. This leads to poor and conflicting instructions given to Sales Advisors who get whole meetings where both sides tell them how terrible they are while not acknowledging their own mistakes. Pointing this out (like I did) leads to blacklisting and eliminates any possibility of climbing the company ladder.Altogether, the worst experience I have ever had working for a company in just about every way that the experience could have been bad. DO NOT RECOMMEND.
Pros
Hour long lunches
Cons
Awful culture, awful management
They underpay you. They expect you to bend over backwards to provide amazing customer service for customers. Managers definitely had favorites and made it obvious. Management loves to gossip with the staff so don’t trust them with your personal business. Management gaslights you, making you believe that you’ll get promoted but then turn around and promote someone else. No type of work life balance, you’ll always bring drama back home.
Pros
Employee discount 25%, sick/ vacation days
run and hide. this company is the absolute worst. the managers dont care about your well being at all and they try to drive you out of the company. they discriminate more on mental health like anxiety and outside personal life.
Pros
sales experience
Cons
barley any growth, favoritism, coworker drama, no management help whatsoever, discrimination of mental health
The job was very welcoming and a fun learning experience overall. I felt really welcomed upon my arrival at HM and I enjoyed the various amount of people i met on a day to day basis.
Pros
Fun enviornment
Cons
Short breaks
Aus der Zentrale kommen große Vorstellungen. In den Filialen geht sehr viel verloren. Work-Life-Balance, Nachhaltigkeit, arbeitssicherheit, ( gerade zu Coronazeit) das alles steht und fehlt mit der Führungsebene der Filiale. Diese werden mit einer angekündigten Kontrolle überprüft. Das Haus wird für einen Tag „getrimmt“ der Fragebogen abgehakt und für einige Monate ist wider Ruhe. Man kann wider lassen und tun was man will.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at H&M?
j'ai fait un inventaire ma journée c'est bien passé l'équipe à bien expliquer le travaillle à effectuer
Eine gute Arbeitsatmosphäre. Allerdings auf Dauer leider zu wenig Herausforderung als Verkäuferin.
Good pay, high workload,no flexible schedules. High work load. Your expected to change schedules often. Lots of miscommunication or last min changes from district and regional teams. Lots of PTO, high pay for little work life balance. Expect to burn out.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Communication & work life balance
I’ll be honest the only reason I have not left this job is because of the health benefits. They are the best I have ever had. I think that has to do with it not being an American company. The work isn’t difficult, but redundant and we are really given the hours to complete what we need. District team is a bit aloof and not really on top of what is going on in the stores and send mixed messaging down. It’s about all about favorites to get promotions. They say they like open and honest feedback but it will come back to bite you when you try to advance your career.
Pros
Excellent insurance and flexible time off
Cons
Varying schedule. Inconsistent leadership and messaging.
Stimola a lavorare meglio per esere un buon esempio molto consistente per migmiorare i punti deboli il segret di un sucesso e lavorare in team il continuo comunicazione verso tutti nessu e piu alto di nesuno ma rispetare molto la anzianita e imararare nuove cose ai nuovi arivi grazie per aver mi dato loporunita di essere incredibilmente abile di essere me stesso nel almbiente di lavoro ascolto esigo imapro insengo per valorizare laziede che mi sono inamorato al lavoro che mi apasiona e tanta voglia di crescere di intraprendere una cariera e di avere un punto di refirimento per esse un buon influencer
Pros
Otimo e lode
Cons
Nesun pausa cigaretta😄
Travail facile mais l’ambiance dépend de avec qui vous êtes , pas de toilette et si vous demandez on râle en disant que c’est pas votre pose
Pros
Paye
Cons
Pas de toilette et manque de respect
Η δουλειά περιλαμβάνει αρκετα καθηκοντα τιποτε ομως που να ειναι δυσκολο η να προκαλει αγχος. Τακτοποιηση καταστηματος, αποθηκη, ταμειο, εξυπηρετηση πελατων στις ωρες λειτουργιας.Θελει αρκετη σωματικη αντοχη. Φυσικα σε ημερες που η κινηση στο καταστημα ειναι μεγαλυτερη υπαρχει μεγαλυτερο στρες ωστε να γινουν ολες οι διαδικασιες σωστα. Η πληρωμη ειναι πολυ ικανοποιητικη και ειναι μια καλη ιδεα για δουλεια στο πλαισιο των σπουδων. Υπαρχει επισης σεβασμος απεναντι σε αλλες υποχρεωσεις (πχ μαθηματα) οποτε το προγραμμα εργασιας ειναι κομμενο και ραμμενο για τον καθενα ξεχωριστα.Το μονο αρνητικο που παρατηρησα εγω ειναι οτι δημιουργουνται πολυ ευκολα κλικες μεταξυ εργαζομενων και ειδικα εαν καποιες κλικες εχουν επαφη με καποιον ανωτερο τοτε η ζωη των "εκτος της κλικας" γινεται αρκετα δυσκολη και οι παρατηρησεις για τη δουλεια γινονται επιλεκτικα μονο σε καποιους κι οχι σε ολους.
Long shifts and work can be stressful. Working at a fast retail shop like H&M can be exhaustive. Customers make a mess, are rude, and needy. Management can be of no help sometimes.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No consistent schedules.
I worked for this company for more than 2 years and both coworkers and my managers were the best. Managers were professional, kind and would help find opportunities for you to grow within the company if you desire. Coworkers always willing to work together as a team to accomplish tasks if needed. I had the opportunity to work at 3 different locations and found the same positive energy at each store. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who loves fashion and interested in working in retail!
Pros
Opportunity for growth, Teamwork, Good pay, Discount
I have worked at H&M for 8 months as a part-time Sales Advisor. The coworkers were wonderful at my store and that’s about it. The management tends to play favorites, there are no real opportunities for advancement unless you’re favored by the management, and the pay for Sales Advisors is ridiculously low, considering the amount of responsibility you are given. The turn over is crazy high because of the management, but they are reluctant to believe they are the problem. Overall, I met some wonderful friends, but I would not recommend a job at H&M for someone who does not want to live pay check to pay check.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, lack of recognition, low pay, low hours
H&M är den absolut roligaste arbetsplatsen jag har varit på för att alla kollegor kom bra överens och samarbetade. Arbetsuppgifterna var något som föll mig perfekt i smaken och jag träffade så mycket roliga kunder.
Pros
Personalrabatt
Not bad job but I personally wouldn’t work here ever again. Pay is not too great but that’s retail. Had some okay people I worked with and others made the job not good