Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: 26 March 2020

H&M Employee Reviews in Kilkenny

Fun and fast place environment
H&M is a brilliant place to work. Its very much a fast paced environment with room to grow and for you to progress throughout the company. Its team focused also
fast paced enviroment
A very fast paced enviroment as the store is very busy shop targets everyday not personal targets. I was part of a a delivery team so i was very motivational and worked well in a team.
Good place to work for a while
Good place to work if you're a sales advisor. The hours are flexible enough, the pay is above minimum wage with double on bank holidays and plenty of opportunities for progression if you want it.

Management however is different. The salary is a joke and the expectations are ridiculous. Theres no commission, christmas or quarterly bonuses. The salaries aren't equal as I had people who's role was under mine and were paid more than me and I got no answer for this when I asked. I constantly had staff taken from my floor which meant tasks weren't done which was then my fault.

Some people can take sickness and others were made come in if they called sick. I was made come in when after I had an accident in store injuring myself to the point where I couldn't walk. Others would not have to do this.

The hours are not fairly shared, with some never giving themselves closing shifts or weekends, meaning others had to do them all the time.

The area managers constantly want hours cut but raise expectations with seemingly no idea how this actually to work in stores. They say they're there to support you but when you actually need them they vanish.

It can be a great place to work. Being a sales advisor is tough but relatively stress free. Management is a joke and turnover throughout the country is high because of this.

I wouldn't advise making it a long term career.
Pros
25% staff discount
Cons
Salary, no bonuses, management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at H&M?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4K