H&M Employee Review

Great pleace to work in- very friendly

3 July 2014
Every day was different. In H&M department manager has endless responsibility. Profitability and Employees were the most important responsibility though. I love working in busy environment like H&M. I worked under massive pressure which I really enjoyed. Pressure motivates me.
3 November 2018
Same role
Department Manager (Former Employee) - Kilkenny
Good place to work if you're a sales advisor. The hours are flexible enough, the pay is above minimum wage with double on bank holidays and plenty of opportunities for progression if you want it.

Management however is different. The salary is a joke and the expectations are ridiculous. Theres no commission, christmas or quarterly bonuses. The salaries aren't equal as I had people who's role was under mine and were paid more than me and I got no answer for this when I asked. I constantly had staff taken from my floor which meant tasks weren't done which was then my fault.

Some people can take sickness and others were made come in if they called sick. I was made come in when after I had an accident in store injuring myself to the point where I couldn't walk. Others would not have to do this.

The hours are not fairly shared, with some never giving themselves closing shifts or weekends, meaning others had to do them all the time.

The area managers constantly want hours cut but raise expectations with seemingly no idea how this actually to work in stores. They say they're there to support you but when you actually need them they vanish.

It can be a great place to work. Being a sales advisor is tough but relatively stress free. Management is a joke and turnover throughout the country is high because of this.

I wouldn't advise making it a long term career.
Pros
25% staff discount
Cons
Salary, no bonuses, management
20 October 2016
Same roleSame location
Department Manager (Current Employee) - Dublin
Typical day: Analyse figures and daily targets. Customer service. Staff motivation.
How to give feedback positive and negative.

Hardest part is Late nights and weekends
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Late nights, weekends, salary
27 July 2020
Same location
Store Manager (Former Employee) - Dublin
Great company to work for. Few hiccups regarding area teambut generally it's a good place to work.
As a manner of management it can be stressful especially in a smaller store. But the team you work with are honestly the greatest bunch of people ever.

Pay the management team fairly and you'll keep them longer.
Pros
Staff Discount. The team.
Cons
Can be expected to work without pay. Area team narcissistic.