H&M Employee Review

Good place to work for a while
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Kilkenny3 November 2018
Good place to work if you're a sales advisor. The hours are flexible enough, the pay is above minimum wage with double on bank holidays and plenty of opportunities for progression if you want it.

Management however is different. The salary is a joke and the expectations are ridiculous. Theres no commission, christmas or quarterly bonuses. The salaries aren't equal as I had people who's role was under mine and were paid more than me and I got no answer for this when I asked. I constantly had staff taken from my floor which meant tasks weren't done which was then my fault.

Some people can take sickness and others were made come in if they called sick. I was made come in when after I had an accident in store injuring myself to the point where I couldn't walk. Others would not have to do this.

The hours are not fairly shared, with some never giving themselves closing shifts or weekends, meaning others had to do them all the time.

The area managers constantly want hours cut but raise expectations with seemingly no idea how this actually to work in stores. They say they're there to support you but when you actually need them they vanish.

It can be a great place to work. Being a sales advisor is tough but relatively stress free. Management is a joke and turnover throughout the country is high because of this.

I wouldn't advise making it a long term career.
Pros
25% staff discount
Cons
Salary, no bonuses, management

Other H&M Employee Reviews

Okay for part time but not for full time
H&m is a grand place to work depending on your store, on the good side you get days off approved 99% of the time, they’re flexible with hours, you can do different kinds of shifts so it doesn’t get boring
However the higher ups in H&m are completely selfish and have high expectations for managers while at the same time cutting hours and wages, they tell you it’s a great place to progress and they’ll always progress you if you’re interested but that’s complete bull. Honestly it’s soul destroying working here full time but if you’re just looking for evening and weekend work I’d definetly recommend it! Handy enough and all the staff were nice
it’s ok
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Limerick17 November 2019
They’re ok to work for bad management bad pay contracts are little hours too and paid every two weeks can be very stressful at times also inadequate training for sales staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K