H&M Employee Review

fast paced enviroment

19 November 2018
A very fast paced enviroment as the store is very busy shop targets everyday not personal targets. I was part of a a delivery team so i was very motivational and worked well in a team.
20 January 2020
Same role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Blanchardstown, County Dublin
I worked in blanchardstown for a brief period. The management are off the scale in terms of pressure , no employee is given recognition for any amount of good work. The pay €10.25 an hour is seriously not good for the amount of stress you will have in your life. No work life balance what so ever , shift patterns for full time are like 7am-4pm (shocking for a retail job 7am start) 1-10pm 11-8pm. When I asked management for a change in my hours for example 9-6 etc I was told to stop complaining this is what full time work is like blah blah just shocking all together . Also there’the employees have a cicrle going on and if you’re not included you’re screwed overall a strange workplace please do yourself a favour and aviod no matter how desperate you are for a job anyone can do better than this company
30 August 2019
Same role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Dublin
very friendly and helpfull team. the enviroment was very welcoming and everyone worked together in order to reach daily targets. the mood in the store was great.
3 November 2018
Same location
Department Manager (Former Employee) - Kilkenny
Good place to work if you're a sales advisor. The hours are flexible enough, the pay is above minimum wage with double on bank holidays and plenty of opportunities for progression if you want it.

Management however is different. The salary is a joke and the expectations are ridiculous. Theres no commission, christmas or quarterly bonuses. The salaries aren't equal as I had people who's role was under mine and were paid more than me and I got no answer for this when I asked. I constantly had staff taken from my floor which meant tasks weren't done which was then my fault.

Some people can take sickness and others were made come in if they called sick. I was made come in when after I had an accident in store injuring myself to the point where I couldn't walk. Others would not have to do this.

The hours are not fairly shared, with some never giving themselves closing shifts or weekends, meaning others had to do them all the time.

The area managers constantly want hours cut but raise expectations with seemingly no idea how this actually to work in stores. They say they're there to support you but when you actually need them they vanish.

It can be a great place to work. Being a sales advisor is tough but relatively stress free. Management is a joke and turnover throughout the country is high because of this.

I wouldn't advise making it a long term career.
Pros
25% staff discount
Cons
Salary, no bonuses, management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5K