HP logo
HP

HP

HP Employee Review

Great work life balance

A great place to work but not the best paid. Work life balance was exceptional. Great processes and procedures and training. People stay with HP because of the people, culture and work life balance.

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Generally a very good place to work

I would rate HP as a very good place to work. Hours were flexible for my job. People are mostly easy to deal with. I am leaving because I got a voluntary redundancy package and I would like a new challenge elsewhere. I would have 2-3 hours of meetings per day. The rest of the day I would manage my own time to cover all my duties. I learned to procure various types of materials with different challenges such as long lead times, expiry dates, inventory management. I worked closely with planning and logistics so I got a basic understanding of their jobs as well. My current manager is very fair and honest. However senior management do not inspire confidence for the future of the company so it seems like a good time to take the opportunity and leave. Most of my co-workers are very easy to work with. The hardest part is dealing with the Asia sites due to some cultural differences in work practice. However, it is mostly positive to be fair. The social element is the most enjoyable part. I would have friends that I meet occasionally outside of work. Much easier to work with people you are friendly with.

Pros

Co-workers, sometimes lunch vouchers, flexible hours, work from home.

Cons

Dealing with other time zones. Promotion opportunities limited.
Same location

Relaxed, no pressure

Great company and culture, great management, very professional in what they do. Great opportunities for people, support for operators in what they do. Team building exercises are also very good.

Pros

Relaxed

Cons

More cross training
Same location

Fun while it lastest

Great place to work with a great culture. The Ireland site offered a great opportunity to move laterally as while as up. Ireland site management went above and beyond for their staff. I learned that the people you work with you have the biggest impact on what you can achieve. There truly was a culture of collaboration and wanting the best for your colleagues. Unfortunately they are leaving Ireland.

Pros

Great culture

Cons

leaving Ireland
  • HP