HP

HP Job security & advancement reviews

Excellent work life balance, completely supported by management. Culture is so good. Freedom to work on projects you are interested in. Pay could be better but benefits make up for it.
I found my time working in Hewlett Packard to be great experience and friendly well educated people. The culture within the company was very good. The on-site catering facilities also very good.
I found my role in CDS Ireland to be very interesting with a lot of technical infrastructure to learn and with a good IT networks team based on site. The facilities are excellent with a fully equipped gym.
The company decided to scale back all it's Irish operations and relocate it to US sites - so, from a job security perspective it wasn't great. However, they did incentivize staff to stay on which was great. Peeps were lovely - just a pity no work!
An organisation with an excellent work culture.An organisation I greatly enjoyed working for. I learned a great deal regarding procurement and supply chain management and stock control and management in a very dynamic manufacturing environment.
Pros
Excellant facilities.
Cons
Limited advancement prospects.
Management makes unrealistic demands on staff and a policy of no pay rise offered on promotion lead to poor management selection and bad decision making. This equates to a very stressful and difficult working environment.
Experience was very good and sometimes even fun. Work environment was mostly friendly and exiting and despite sometimes was way fast-paced you wouldn't miss any of the many parties arranged from time to time, like the pizza / cake specials, Christmas / Halloween events, and many others. Overall a fantastic stage of my life I wouldn't think twice to do it again.
Pros
Good Pension Scheme, Free lunches, Big Fun
Cons
High Pressure, Carreer Advancements Not Easy
It was a long time since I worked here so I cant give an accurate description.its a good company that would do better without their hiring agency who are taking half the wages of the employees
The company was in transition, and wasnt sure where it was going. Looking for an identity while not sure it wanted employees and eventually pulled out of Ireland.
Great Experience . Lots of roles to move or advance into . Good Benefits . Salaries are below norm for the industry. Great Culture Hardest part of the job can be bureaucracy Best part is the people
HP was the best place I have worked for in my working life so far. I found I was supported by my mangers with all further training I wanted to do. I was able to grow my abilities and career with all the training courses I needed for my job requirements.
Pros
Free tea & coffie free parking free gym
Cons
Great place to work ,great team and people surround.Working in many different areas so lots training has been given,always learn new skills and procedures.
Hewlett Packard is a good company to work for if you are motivated, and ambitious Lot of free online courses, and the managers are always helpful finding a career path
Pros
free cofee
Cons
bad selection in canteen
A great place to work but not the best paid. Work life balance was exceptional. Great processes and procedures and training. People stay with HP because of the people, culture and work life balance.
Great Place to work, very big on work life balance and opportunities to advance and move to other areas. Local management at all times kept you informed on plans.
High pressure environment.. Overtime expected Relocation required or potential job loss Focus on cost rather than people Good benefits Work/Life Balance needs to be worked out with manager
The people are its best asset. Various areas of work. Shift work. Great work life balance. Great Culture and diversity. Management were very approachable. Family was valued.
Pros
The People/The Culture
Cons
Its closing in Leixlip
Worked in HP Inc formally HP for over 20 Years, really couldn't ask for a better place to work. Good benefits and opportunities to move and learn in a first class environment. Great work practices and professional setup. Went through some disruptive changes with different CEO's but the culture remained in tact to a great extent. In recent years cut back a lot on research and development and became a follower instead of a leader, Flexible work environment. Sorry to see it closing
Pros
Flexable conditions, open culture, good opportunities for education and development, good benefits, interesting and challenging work
Cons
Not the highest payer but competitive, lost some of its dynamism, Innovative culture and research and development strengths in the last 6-8 years.
Great place to work with a great culture. The Ireland site offered a great opportunity to move laterally as while as up. Ireland site management went above and beyond for their staff. I learned that the people you work with you have the biggest impact on what you can achieve. There truly was a culture of collaboration and wanting the best for your colleagues. Unfortunately they are leaving Ireland.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
leaving Ireland
Always plenty to learn. Bad day if someone does not learn at least one thing. Lot of scope for improvement. Great people. Management support the workforce.
Pros
Cons
Closing in January 2018
Good company in which to build a career. Plenty of opportunity for career growth. Also there is the possibility to change careers as HP has many different roles and geographic locations
  1. Job Security & Advancement