HP logo

Work-life balance
Job security & advancement

Found 45 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,843 reviews

Excellent Company to work for

Excellent work life balance, completely supported by management. Culture is so good. Freedom to work on projects you are interested in. Pay could be better but benefits make up for it.

Good people to work with

• Great people, • Very flexible work practices. • Can work across many areas. • Very interested in personal development. • Good social life, team building. • Challenging work. • Good open door policy, can talk with all levels of the organisation.

Pros

People

Cons

pay

interesting place to work

the job was interesting and I got a chance to learn a lot of new things and gain experience in many areas. we were a tight knit group there and helped each-other out when needed, and had a life outside work too.

Pros

chances to get experience and practical work

Cons

salary was too low

Loved HP

Just loved working with HP great dynamic place to work, great people, great benefits, overall a very pleasant work experience. Room for advancement within the company.

Pros

colleagues, culture

Cons

work hard but play hard

They give me opportunity to develop myself. Great place to work. International environment. I loved to work there. Had opportunity to learn lot. Tl and Managers were available to listen you.

Good work-life balance.

Losing manufacturing to Asia for several years. Not growing development opportunities to compensate, despite intentions to do so. Also under pressure from US sites for development work.

Pros

Work/Life balance & culture.

Cons

Average pay, fewer opportunities.

That job was very good for me.

This is a good platform, where I can show my talent and technical skill. I really enjoyed working at Hewlett Packard. That would be great to gain experience and more qualifications in the right place.

Working @ HPE

experience has been good however, the management needs to invest in their staff a lot more. no development lack of trust in staffs too many cuts

Pros

overall good company

Cons

development and career wise, not advisable

Generally a very good place to work

I would rate HP as a very good place to work. Hours were flexible for my job. People are mostly easy to deal with. I am leaving because I got a voluntary redundancy package and I would like a new challenge elsewhere. I would have 2-3 hours of meetings per day. The rest of the day I would manage my own time to cover all my duties. I learned to procure various types of materials with different challenges such as long lead times, expiry dates, inventory management. I worked closely with planning and logistics so I got a basic understanding of their jobs as well. My current manager is very fair and honest. However senior management do not inspire confidence for the future of the company so it seems like a good time to take the opportunity and leave. Most of my co-workers are very easy to work with. The hardest part is dealing with the Asia sites due to some cultural differences in work practice. However, it is mostly positive to be fair. The social element is the most enjoyable part. I would have friends that I meet occasionally outside of work. Much easier to work with people you are friendly with.

Pros

Co-workers, sometimes lunch vouchers, flexible hours, work from home.

Cons

Dealing with other time zones. Promotion opportunities limited.

Hp

Excellent place to work. Great people. Role has changed over the years as the site has transformed from manufacturing to R & D and outsourcing. Good benefits package Life insurance, pension & medical.

Pros

Benefits package

Cons

Job Security

Jobs at HP

See more jobs

A great place to work and learn .

I great place to work . A culture that drives employee to act and think for themselfs without fear of negetive affects . Management are approachable allways willing to listen and help .

Pros

The work life balance is very good

Cons

Salary may lag behind similar multinationals

Life Skills

9 years and 6 months of learning, advancement and the perfect working environment If it had not been for a family decision I would still be there

Pros

career advancement and technology

Cons

Shift Work

Hard work but Brilliant People , Team Atmosphere

Monday's Crazy, Fridays Pizza :-) Happy to have worked their, Gained loads of insight into the world of IT(This place helped me make the decision to retrain for a Career in IT)

Pros

Fridays where easy days

Cons

Mondays where Hearth attack days

Very good company to work for, totally enjoyed my time there

I worked for HP for 14 years , i can honestly say it was the best company i have worked for so far,

Hp

Good company to work with if you are working under the agency that runs most of the jobs there

Pros

Good canteen

Cons

Not be permanent with HP after many years

excellent

great company to work for. good employer who focused on business and its employees. great benefits.

Pros

health insurance, pensions

productive

The training acquired during my stint with the company was enormous,

Pros

subsidized meals

Cons

transition to full time

Proactive and fun workplace

As a customer service agent I learned how to meet and exceed the expectations of every client. I have assisted all types of customers in all types of settings. Helping in quick solutions within the company procedures. I had good results working within a team work environment and working under pressure, always reaching all the goals that were given to me. Great knowledge on Operating Systems, Office applications, Antivirus, Encryption Software Protection. Flexible, pro-active approach, hardworking, excellent communication and customer service skills, logical problem solving, ability to prioritize and handle multiple issues, responsible and motivated to learn and develop my career by taking new responsibilities and challenges, management skills, understanding of complex business problems and requirements, appreciation of the benefits of software support and maintenance disciplines and processes, based on the ITIL model, customer oriented, working focused in improving user experience and the service levels.

interesting place in which where acquired good experience

I have learnt a great deal during my time in this place gaining great practical technical skills and I now feel as though I am ready to learn much more from another well-known and reputable company where I can use my experience and skills.

Pros

interesting production machines, gym, table tennis

Cons

short contract

HP Make it Matter

I had heard many mixed reviews about HP before I applied for the Internship position within the HP SLMS team. However, my experience has been nothing but Great! In fact, I feel that HP Way of Work/Life should be a basis for all IT companies. The people are amazing and the most helpful and happy I have seen in any Business I have worked in. I have great respect for the company and only hope I end up in a company like HP in the future. The learning capabilities are second to none with numerous portals for everything you could possibly think about learning.

Pros

Cons

Not enough time in the day

An exciting day to day adventure. Every day was different from the previous one.

Through my work with HP Company, I have acquired the technical and practical knowledge of cash movement, money management and investment banking.I have acquired considerable experience dealing with many strong issues, global ones and local ones.This job was very dynamic. It required constant improvement and self- development and I loved it!I have enjoyed working with the staff and I have learned so much about the challenges of the industry.
  • HP