HP Management reviews

Found 39 reviews matching the search See all 12,134 reviews
Very unorganized
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Celbridge, County Kildare22 September 2019
I found working at HP to be a disappointing experience communication was very poor work areas never set up properly orders not there for you to start work there's a lot of time wasted due to poor supervision and bad planning
Stressful and difficult workplace
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 September 2019
Management makes unrealistic demands on staff and a policy of no pay rise offered on promotion lead to poor management selection and bad decision making. This equates to a very stressful and difficult working environment.
Great people, Terrible HR and management
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare29 April 2019
Great place to work, people are so nice and there's alot of out of hours team building i.e partys etc

Management are very separate. Awful sense of management feeling better the the rest and do not take individual situations on board.
Do not take personal matters into account and expect you to work extra with no reward.

No compassion and will throw you out as they please.
Pros
Good people, Jobs easy
Cons
Terrible pay, Bad management. Over worked
Technician (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare6 July 2018
Fun place to work. Great atmosphere with people and management. Flexible time due family or college. Supportive while pursuing higher education. Low salary.
Busy, varied, team based and fun and supportive people
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare7 June 2018
HP was a great environment to work in, you always have the support of your work colleagues, Management were helpful and the buzz around was good up to the end.

The most important part for me was the people I interacted with and the team I worked in, they were all fantastic and this made it a great place to work.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Salary and befits fell behind the average in Ireland
fun place to work
Temporary Contract position for 6 (Former Employee) –  Leixlip31 January 2018
fun place, good hours, liked the work.Everyone was willing to help each other. Some great laughs, even when working 12 hr shifts.
Management were very good too, nice bunch of people.
Pros
people
Cons
money
LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare28 January 2018
Great Place to work, very big on work life balance and opportunities to advance and move to other areas. Local management at all times kept you informed on plans.
Busy motivated environment
Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee) –  Test Analyst5 January 2018
3 cycle shift work
30,000 including shift allownce
Management where very open and easy to work with.
We work with people from all diffrent companys
Hardest part is leaving
Working as a team
Pros
lunch vouchers
Cons
shift work
Perfect work place
Process Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare28 December 2017
Very good place of work. Great atmosphere, frendly management, 12 hours shift's but that's not a problem at all, time is flying. Big canteen with good and cheap food.
Best Place to work
Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare6 December 2017
The people are its best asset. Various areas of work. Shift work. Great work life balance. Great Culture and diversity. Management were very approachable. Family was valued.
Pros
The People/The Culture
Cons
Its closing in Leixlip
Fun while it lastest
Customer Insights Manager (Current Employee) –  Kildare6 November 2017
Great place to work with a great culture. The Ireland site offered a great opportunity to move laterally as while as up. Ireland site management went above and beyond for their staff. I learned that the people you work with you have the biggest impact on what you can achieve. There truly was a culture of collaboration and wanting the best for your colleagues. Unfortunately they are leaving Ireland.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
leaving Ireland
Fun and challenging
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare22 September 2017
Good work life balance, varied work but requiring global acumen and negotiation skills to succeed.

HP senior management are buoyant in 2107 after years of poor performance. it remains to be seen if they have merely cut cost or have reinvented the company.
Advanced Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Dublin20 September 2017
Always plenty to learn. Bad day if someone does not learn at least one thing. Lot of scope for improvement. Great people. Management support the workforce.
Pros
Cons
Closing in January 2018
Nice company to work with
QA/Automation Consultant (API Engineer) (Current Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare7 July 2017
Its very nice company to work, working on full agile environment and latest tools. Had great experience working with.
Very nice management, great benefits and work env.
Working @ HPE
Technical Solution Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leixlip6 June 2016
experience has been good however, the management needs to invest in their staff a lot more.

no development
lack of trust in staffs
too many cuts
Pros
overall good company
Cons
development and career wise, not advisable
This was an enjoyable place to work. Everybody worked well together as a team. The manager interacted with employees on a daily basis.
Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  Galway23 May 2016
A typical day for me in the Incident Managment Centre in Hewlett Packard, included communicating with internal users and IT Engineers on a daily basis. I learned to priortise IT issues, Time Management Skills, Problem Solving Skills, Communication Skills, Customer Service Skills, Troubleshooting Skills. Support from Co-workers was excellent and teamwork was fantastic. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some impatient users. The most enjoyable part was when IT issues got resolved within service level agreements.
Pros
Clubs and Activities.
Generally a very good place to work
Procurement Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare11 April 2016
I would rate HP as a very good place to work. Hours were flexible for my job. People are mostly easy to deal with. I am leaving because I got a voluntary redundancy package and I would like a new challenge elsewhere.
I would have 2-3 hours of meetings per day. The rest of the day I would manage my own time to cover all my duties.
I learned to procure various types of materials with different challenges such as long lead times, expiry dates, inventory management. I worked closely with planning and logistics so I got a basic understanding of their jobs as well.
My current manager is very fair and honest. However senior management do not inspire confidence for the future of the company so it seems like a good time to take the opportunity and leave.
Most of my co-workers are very easy to work with.
The hardest part is dealing with the Asia sites due to some cultural differences in work practice. However, it is mostly positive to be fair.
The social element is the most enjoyable part. I would have friends that I meet occasionally outside of work. Much easier to work with people you are friendly with.
Pros
Co-workers, sometimes lunch vouchers, flexible hours, work from home.
Cons
Dealing with other time zones. Promotion opportunities limited.
Good Team members
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dublin9 February 2016
HP could be a much better place if senior management listened to the people working on the ground. Too much politics in the company for the company to make profit.
Pros
Free Health Care
Cons
Senior Management.
Fun work place
Media Room Lead (Current Employee) –  Galway City, County Galway25 January 2016
Manage day to day running of the Mediaroom Ensure all jobs for current day has shipped Lot of experience working with equipment and ways to work around errors I work well with management and complete all tasks the is required for the running of the Mediaroom I work well together with my co workers and when we are under stress to make a dead line we talk to each other a lot I enjoy my job and do love challenges.
A great place to work and learn .
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Leixlip20 January 2016
I great place to work . A culture that drives employee to act and think for themselfs without fear of negetive affects . Management are approachable allways willing to listen and help .
Pros
The work life balance is very good
Cons
Salary may lag behind similar multinationals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HP. Our community is ready to answer.

54.4K