Here to help
Coronavirus update

HP Management reviews

Ireland129 reviews
Excellent work life balance, completely supported by management. Culture is so good. Freedom to work on projects you are interested in. Pay could be better but benefits make up for it.
A typical day for me in the Incident Managment Centre in Hewlett Packard, included communicating with internal users and IT Engineers on a daily basis. I learned to priortise IT issues, Time Management Skills, Problem Solving Skills, Communication Skills, Customer Service Skills, Troubleshooting Skills. Support from Co-workers was excellent and teamwork was fantastic. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some impatient users. The most enjoyable part was when IT issues got resolved within service level agreements.
Pros
Clubs and Activities.
I would rate HP as a very good place to work. Hours were flexible for my job. People are mostly easy to deal with. I am leaving because I got a voluntary redundancy package and I would like a new challenge elsewhere.
I would have 2-3 hours of meetings per day. The rest of the day I would manage my own time to cover all my duties.

I learned to procure various types of materials with different challenges such as long lead times, expiry dates, inventory management. I worked closely with planning and logistics so I got a basic understanding of their jobs as well.
My current manager is very fair and honest. However senior management do not inspire confidence for the future of the company so it seems like a good time to take the opportunity and leave.

Most of my co-workers are very easy to work with.

The hardest part is dealing with the Asia sites due to some cultural differences in work practice. However, it is mostly positive to be fair.

The social element is the most enjoyable part. I would have friends that I meet occasionally outside of work. Much easier to work with people you are friendly with.
Pros
Co-workers, sometimes lunch vouchers, flexible hours, work from home.
Cons
Dealing with other time zones. Promotion opportunities limited.
HP could be a much better place if senior management listened to the people working on the ground. Too much politics in the company for the company to make profit.
Pros
Free Health Care
Cons
Senior Management.
Manage day to day running of the Mediaroom Ensure all jobs for current day has shipped Lot of experience working with equipment and ways to work around errors I work well with management and complete all tasks the is required for the running of the Mediaroom I work well together with my co workers and when we are under stress to make a dead line we talk to each other a lot I enjoy my job and do love challenges.
I great place to work . A culture that drives employee to act and think for themselfs without fear of negetive affects . Management are approachable allways willing to listen and help .
Pros
The work life balance is very good
Cons
Salary may lag behind similar multinationals
Treated employees brilliantly in all aspects of employment. Good pay, conditions, restaurant, Management,
Pleasure to deal with and had great HR Department.
Pros
great atmosphere, pay, rewards
Cons
Enjoyable workplace to work , management very supportive and training at the highest level, very friendly with all staff's
Pros
free park
Cons
n/a
Planning and completing job tasks
Prioritising workload

Management support
Teamwork
Time management

Excellent work colleagues
working in clean rooms or on production lines, overall a nice place to work, meeting deadlines and working to targets, team meeting and brain storming sessions, management has good people skills..
Pros
subsidized canteen, free gym
Cons
Shift work, night shifts
worked shift, nice people. staff very under paid, management were very bad at their jobs. would recommend only if you were stuck for work
Typical day at work starts at 08:00 and ends at 17:00 includes mostly taking calls (main focus area), taking care of emails and web tickets.
Co-workers next to me and everyone in general is fun and very friendly.

As for the management part they are very bad, unorganized and lets leave it at that. (This is for Pfizer desk)
Having to sit here all day would be the hardest part, the chairs are nightmare.

Most enjoyable is the moment when you log off the phone!
Pros
Null;
Cons
Location, organization
The HP Incident Management Center is a hectic, fast-paced environment where there is never a dull moment. The team are hardworking, collaborative group of people with whom it's a pleasure to work.
As a customer service agent I learned how to meet and exceed the expectations of every client.

I have assisted all types of customers in all types of settings. Helping in quick solutions within the company procedures.

I had good results working within a team work environment and working under pressure, always reaching all the goals that were given to me.

Great knowledge on Operating Systems, Office applications, Antivirus, Encryption Software Protection.

Flexible, pro-active approach, hardworking, excellent communication and customer service skills, logical problem solving, ability to prioritize and handle multiple issues, responsible and motivated to learn and develop my career by taking new responsibilities and challenges, management skills, understanding of complex business problems and requirements, appreciation of the benefits of software support and maintenance disciplines and processes, based on the ITIL model, customer oriented, working focused in improving user experience and the service levels.
The Hewlett Packard complex is quite and the morale is quite high among its workers.

The diversity of the workforce is also very much evident. It is common to speak to engineers, managers, financial specialists, maintenance crew and general operators in any given week, each giving valuable incites into their line of work.

The management are firm and fair with lower tier employees, a style of management which as well received with workers.
Pros
Good management, Diverse workforce, Great treatment of emplyees
Cons
Temporary contracts, 6 month break between contract renewal
Managing Mergers, acquisitions, TUPE transfers, organisational design and development. Rolling out employee engagement initiatives including performance ownership, strategy understanding, voice of the workforce and senior management development. Collective site closures and work force reduction projects from beginning to end. Fantastic role with a lot of scope.

Deployment of corporate wellness program 2 million budget. HR Managing accounts worth 50 million per annum.

Employee relations EXPERT, high court case resolution, ability to document robust corrective action outcome letters. Excellent ability to communicate and influence at Director and VP level.

Workday implementation and rollout.
Pros
Excellent flexible benefits and wellness programs
Cons
Long Commute
Great place to work, staff and management very helpful and friendly, always enjoyed going into work every day.
a typical day at work
what you learned

management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job

the most enjoyable part of the job
Pro
Con
There was a great team spirit and I have a great relationship with my co-workers.
A very busy and dinamic environment which motivated me to be a self starter.

The hardest part was the TAT from Management for escalations or special approvals and some lack of recognition (this was been improved).
Every difficulty was suppress by the Team work.
Pros
Pension, Health Insurance
Great team work. Most enjoyable place to work. Understanding and flexible management team.
Pros
subsidised canteen
Cons
night shift
Through my work with HP Company, I have acquired the technical and practical knowledge of cash movement, money management and investment banking.
I have acquired considerable experience dealing with many strong issues, global ones and local ones.

This job was very dynamic. It required constant improvement and self- development and I loved it!

I have enjoyed working with the staff and I have learned so much about the challenges of the industry.