HP

HP Work-life balance reviews

Excellent work life balance, completely supported by management. Culture is so good. Freedom to work on projects you are interested in. Pay could be better but benefits make up for it.
The company decided to scale back all it's Irish operations and relocate it to US sites - so, from a job security perspective it wasn't great. However, they did incentivize staff to stay on which was great. Peeps were lovely - just a pity no work!
An organisation with an excellent work culture.An organisation I greatly enjoyed working for. I learned a great deal regarding procurement and supply chain management and stock control and management in a very dynamic manufacturing environment.
Pros
Excellant facilities.
Cons
Limited advancement prospects.
Great Experience . Lots of roles to move or advance into . Good Benefits . Salaries are below norm for the industry. Great Culture Hardest part of the job can be bureaucracy Best part is the people
I worked there for 17 years in various roles. However the manufacturing site has closed, and I, along with my colleagues were made redundant. I would have loved to be still working there, however business needs within the organisation and the overall reduction in printing led to its closure.
Pros
health insurance, pension. Excellent staff. Canteen on site.
Cons
Long hours, sometimes at weekends
very hard work working a 12 hour shift 1 day and 1 night per week not much job satisfaction good benefits and good pay so that made up for it. left to start own business
HP was the best place I have worked for in my working life so far. I found I was supported by my mangers with all further training I wanted to do. I was able to grow my abilities and career with all the training courses I needed for my job requirements.
Pros
Free tea & coffie free parking free gym
Cons
Lot of job to do, have to be organized. Solve issue and find solution all the time. Need to be flexible. don't count your hours and you won't get any compensation
A great place to work but not the best paid. Work life balance was exceptional. Great processes and procedures and training. People stay with HP because of the people, culture and work life balance.
Great Place to work, very big on work life balance and opportunities to advance and move to other areas. Local management at all times kept you informed on plans.
High pressure environment.. Overtime expected Relocation required or potential job loss Focus on cost rather than people Good benefits Work/Life Balance needs to be worked out with manager
3 cycle shift work 30,000 including shift allownce Management where very open and easy to work with. We work with people from all diffrent companys Hardest part is leaving Working as a team
Pros
lunch vouchers
Cons
shift work
Very good place of work. Great atmosphere, frendly management, 12 hours shift's but that's not a problem at all, time is flying. Big canteen with good and cheap food.
The people are its best asset. Various areas of work. Shift work. Great work life balance. Great Culture and diversity. Management were very approachable. Family was valued.
Pros
The People/The Culture
Cons
Its closing in Leixlip
Worked in HP Inc formally HP for over 20 Years, really couldn't ask for a better place to work. Good benefits and opportunities to move and learn in a first class environment. Great work practices and professional setup. Went through some disruptive changes with different CEO's but the culture remained in tact to a great extent. In recent years cut back a lot on research and development and became a follower instead of a leader, Flexible work environment. Sorry to see it closing
Pros
Flexable conditions, open culture, good opportunities for education and development, good benefits, interesting and challenging work
Cons
Not the highest payer but competitive, lost some of its dynamism, Innovative culture and research and development strengths in the last 6-8 years.
Good work life balance, varied work but requiring global acumen and negotiation skills to succeed. HP senior management are buoyant in 2107 after years of poor performance. it remains to be seen if they have merely cut cost or have reinvented the company.
Good company in which to build a career. Plenty of opportunity for career growth. Also there is the possibility to change careers as HP has many different roles and geographic locations
• Great people, • Very flexible work practices. • Can work across many areas. • Very interested in personal development. • Good social life, team building. • Challenging work. • Good open door policy, can talk with all levels of the organisation.
Pros
People
Cons
pay
Productive and Fun Workplace. Good work life balance. Work is varied, challenging and interesting. High tolerance level for ambiguity required given the job variety.
very little micromanaging of your work , and it gives you scope to focus and figure out issue areas in a positive way. Due to the large size of the business it can be difficult to drive product innovation
Pros
work life balance
Cons
difficult to influence new/big changes
Just loved working with HP great dynamic place to work, great people, great benefits, overall a very pleasant work experience. Room for advancement within the company.
Pros
colleagues, culture
Cons
work hard but play hard
  1. Work-Life Balance