HP Employee Review

Generally a very good place to work

11 April 2016
I would rate HP as a very good place to work. Hours were flexible for my job. People are mostly easy to deal with. I am leaving because I got a voluntary redundancy package and I would like a new challenge elsewhere.
I would have 2-3 hours of meetings per day. The rest of the day I would manage my own time to cover all my duties.

I learned to procure various types of materials with different challenges such as long lead times, expiry dates, inventory management. I worked closely with planning and logistics so I got a basic understanding of their jobs as well.

My current manager is very fair and honest. However senior management do not inspire confidence for the future of the company so it seems like a good time to take the opportunity and leave.

Most of my co-workers are very easy to work with.

The hardest part is dealing with the Asia sites due to some cultural differences in work practice. However, it is mostly positive to be fair.

The social element is the most enjoyable part. I would have friends that I meet occasionally outside of work. Much easier to work with people you are friendly with.
Pros
Co-workers, sometimes lunch vouchers, flexible hours, work from home.
Cons
Dealing with other time zones. Promotion opportunities limited.
7 February 2018
Same role
Global Supply Planner (Former Employee) - Kildare
A great place to work but not the best paid. Work life balance was exceptional. Great processes and procedures and training. People stay with HP because of the people, culture and work life balance.
13 May 2020
Same location
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) - Leixlip, County Kildare
Supper place to work, great teams and well managed. Good education and training. Nice canteen and gym. Travel if you want it. Working on world wide teams
Pros
Cons
Does not pay amoung the leaders
30 March 2020
Same location
Project Manager (Former Employee) - Leixlip, County Kildare
Excellent work life balance, completely supported by management. Culture is so good. Freedom to work on projects you are interested in. Pay could be better but benefits make up for it.