Halfords
Coronavirus update
Information from Halfords:

Halfords Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,219 reviews
The supply of goods from the English side is stupid and poorly managed. To much stock sent to us. Stock we need not sent. Stock not selling is sent even more. That's why I left. To much stock every where and not the stock that was needed.
Felt like I was back in school- 2 faced people, nothing done if something is reported to management, more concerned about sale figures than staff wellbeing. Was bullied at my workplace and my manager told me to grow up and get on with it. Minimum wage but expect maximum effort. Will never work for Halfords again!
Pros
25% off stuff after completing probation
Cons
Bad management, 3 hour shifts, weekends in 99.9% of the time, virtually no progression
I liked working at Halfords because of the people and helping customers get what they needed from car parts to camping, cycling and travelling . I left because after 15 years I needed a change .
Pros
Learning to fit bulbs etc and ordering parts
Cons
Too many Manager changes
Whilst working at halfords I worked many days that were supposed to be my days off. You dint get weekends off even if you are promised them. The management could be far better. You also do not feel as if you are working as a part of a team and often tend to feel left out.
Cons
Great place to work if you like chasing h.r to pay you correctly and being worked like a robot for poor pay.

Worked here for 2 years. Started off great . Until my manager left. It seems he was the glue holding all the staff in a job . He shielded us from the politics and kept our morale up .

My best advice is ... find a better employer
Pros
cycle2work
Cons
working for halfords.
Personally I love to be fast paced and have challenges from day to day the main issue with Halfords the more you learn and the more you can do the worst you are, the reasons why is because knowledge is power but the knowledge also makes the team members slack around you so whilst your run of your feet serving 7 to 8 customers at a time the others are sat out the back drinking coffee slagging others off, it's each man to there self's, they class Halfords as a friendly place to work with no stress and a flexible work to family life nope its all the opposite, you have no family time and trust me you live in your uniform in and out of work even unsociable hours just in case the alarm goes off, training is very poor all done via computer unattended and you learn nothing from it, going up in ranks its not what you know it's who you know and if your a brown noser then your spot on and will be liked but slagged of behind your back, management will take all the school times off so if you've got kids don't ever think you will get time off whilst kids are of school because it don't happen, the only joys about the job is the customers the other downsides are taking all there personal details for company gains and if you don't get this info your shouted at saying why not, would I say I learnt owt from Halfords yes but of my own back, don't believe the insentives either you've got to do akot as a team but there's always 1 what let's you down so you graft hard hit all the numbers withing 3 months and 1 man let's you down loosing all the pot bonus and what you do bank won't go in your wage - more...
Pros
Cons
No family life, each man to there own, very poor pay, very poor training
working for halfords was an eye opening experience they have some fantastic technicians but unfortunately the upper management have preferential sites that they help and leave the rest to cope unsupported
Pros
great team ethic
Cons
upoer management
Start the day with web orders, clearing front till desk, serving customers, dealing with stock, fitting wiper blades, bulbs, answering calls. I have learnt all about sales and how it works. Culture mainly men, as its a car and bike store, so quite difficult as a woman to work in. Hardest part is dealing with a rude customer, but am used to it now. Enjoyable part is its varied and always lots happening, from stock arrivals, to customers, and I enjoy talking to the customers and finding out a little about them. The team is small, so we all know each other which is nice.
Pros
25% discount on products
Cons
male dominated environment
My experience working here is shocking. Coming from a job that was like a family culture to Halfords was a shock to the system. When it became busy the management would hide out the back, if they where out the front they would walk past a customer in need of assistance and radio through to say a customer needs help when you are already dealing with a customer. Having two managers and three team leaders on shift is excessive.
Pros
Become a manager/team leader and do no work.
Cons
Management is shocking.
Worked for Tyres on the drive/ Halfords mobile expert for over a year. By far the worse company I have ever worked for. Untrained management who have no idea how to run a team and try to belittle staff members and clause friction for the fun of it. Forced to do overtime and if you say no you get a whole world of trouble and drama for the following weeks on shift. Pay is ridiculous given the hours and stress you have to do with.
Best thing I ever done was leave this appalling company. Before Halfords took over it was a pleasure to work for and I will certainly never put myself forward for a career with this company again.
Cons
Poor wage, long hours, bonus taken from you for no reason, poor management, no support
I enjoyed my Customer Service role. They were flexible and understanding with me being a new Mum. The job was fun, sociable and busy, with the odd quiet periods to tidy/put out stock. Overall a great place to work, good pay and always able to advance your career there.
Pros
Good pay, great team, enjoyable.
Cons
Sometimes asked you to change shifts at short notice.
The redditch branch is poor to work. I want to leave, I've had enough. The staff are lazy, no help from any of them at all. I hate this job so much. I'm only working here as my dad knows the manager.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Staff and management full of s***
Not a very professional company to work for. I've worked for main dealerships and I find them a lot better and much more professional. There's a lot of cuts within the workplace and jobs are not professionally done
Pros
Its dry
Cons
Poorly managed
Never appreciated for my efforts, never thanked for hitting targets, made to work in stressful and demanding situations, no support from senior management. Halfords are only interested in money, appreciate it’s a business, but you need to look after your staff. Decent staff leave and have been replaced by temps who haven’t got a clue. Once corona dies off there is only one way for halfords and that’s down !!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, the hard sell, lack of support, motivation
To interact with customers, on sales, product advice and if customers require automative products and cycle requirements
On line learning, and to be interactive with management ,on a daily basis or staff meetings.

To get to know regular customers and the needs of all customers
Pros
friendly work force
Cons
Company led by people making poor decisions.

Paying managers a high wage to stand at the front of the store for up to 5 hours a day makes no sense.

To many cuts, and new store format makes no sense.
Pros
Fun products
Cons
Led by plums
They will work you to the ground and not want to pay your overtime. Your wage will fluctuate regularly and they will not rectify it. The will expect you to do a double shift for example 5am -8pm and then start 9am next morning to finish at 5pm
Cons
Loved every minute i worked there fun place a lot to learn loads of opportunity's would reccomend to anyone looking for a part time career or full time
Pros
Discount on clothes bikes services etc
Cons
All good enjoyed every bit
Managers unfair
Stressful

Have favourites

Over worked

Under paid

No thanks

Enough said

Managers managers managers do what they want was a long time ago things may have changed
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
I have spent many years woking for Halfords and have gained a vast amount of knowledge in this sector. I have been provided with on going training which has developed my skill set and feel that I now have an extensive range of transferable skills.
One of the best place to work. I throughly enjoyed working with Halfords also enhanced my skills and knowledge. There isna scope to mingle with other teams so that we can explore other domains